“excellent food fantastic staff”
Review of The Olive Branch

The Olive Branch
Ranked #61 of 1,974 Restaurants in Leeds
Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Olive Branch Restaurant is a family managed restaurant since 2008 maintaining the highest standards of authentic Turkish Mediterranean cuisine and exceptional service. Hidden amongst the hills of Yorkshire, the Olive Branch is a unique taste of the Mediterranean, with menus to suit all tastes and features amazing relaxed surroundings. We have built our business by carefully listening to our customers and adapting to their wishes. Our restaurants are the ideal for your party, be it an intimate meal with a loved one, or a special occasion to be celebrated with family or friends.
Reviewed October 10, 2012

i have been to olive branch restaurant last weekend with my family , it was a really busy saturday night' , we all loved our food and staff was very polite and nice .we had olive branch special sharing plates it was delicious and we will definetely go again.

2  Thank benadward

Reviewed October 10, 2012

Had a LOVELY evening here recently, it was my second visit and was as good as i'd remembered. I went there with my lovely fella and the two of us had the 'sharing menu for two'.

Fot twenty pound each we got a selection of lots of starters followed by a selection of the mains, including a choice of one of the chefs specials of the day. Starters included feta cheese parcels, stuffed peppers, falafels, grilled halloumi with delicious dips and homemade bread. The mains consisted of chicken, lamb and minced lamb kebabs, lamb casserole (we could have chosen the other special of seabass) all served with cous cous, dips and more bread. There was plenty of food so I felt it was a good value way of enjoying a bit of everything and maybe discovering a favorite for next time.

The staff were friendly and attentive and great at explaining the menu options....

My only disappointment with the Olive Branch id that at the weekend they do two sittings, 6.30 and 8.30, I can see why they do it but wish I could go and eat around 7.30!!!!!

Give them a go, it's delicious (o:

4  Thank greenzoid
Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

Lovely meal in this friendly cosy restaurant. Food was served promptly and was delicious. Great cocktail too. Staff were attentive and polite.

1  Thank Tapdancingbluebottle
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Had a awesome meal there last night with my goregous fiancé we both enjoyed every bite' the flavours were delIghtful:-) loved it

2  Thank Josephoooo
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Just visited yesterday for the 7th time and like each previous visit, the service and food could not be faulted. I consider myself adventurous - I never eat at the same place more than twice as I feel there are so many different cuisines and flavours out there to explore for one to limit themselves to just one venue... but boy has that philosophy changed since discovering Olive Branch!

First of all the food: I have tried the hot meze platter, cold meze platter, Fajita's, Chicken kebab, most of the Pide's: (Kiymali, Sucuklu, Kusbasili and Yumurtali), Izgara Kofte, various starters not already included in the mixed meze's, numerous cocktails and most of the desserts. All were excellent, the Cacik (yogurt with oregano, mint and garlic) served with most of the main dishes is addicitive in itself. The baklava is not overwhelmingly sweet - unlike what you will find in Turkey, I've been told it's made in the UK and the syrup is watered down specifically for British palates which is fantastic as it's the first time I have been able to enjoy baklava without feeling sick after two bites! I'm sure many other people ho have tried it will agree. Food presentation is excellent, I have also visited their Hebden Bridge branch and ordered the same things but definately prefer the Leeds' branch over that one as their food is much fresher and better presented.

Secondly the staff: Every week for the past 3 years I have eaten somewhere or the other in Leeds. I ususally try a few things over a couple of visits and then move onto the next place once I'm bored. Whilst I have come across some great food, I have never been overly impressed with service, most establishments employ staff who don't really engage with their customers and/or seem to be putting on a smile for the customer's benefit. Well not the Olive Branch!! From the second I walk in I experience genuine hospitality. I only tend to visit during the day, so I cannot vouch for evening staff as I've never met them, but whenever I visit I always end up having a laugh with these guys. Not once have I felt anyone here is putting on a smile or after a tip. Just to prove the case - the first two times I forgot to leave a tip, but the friendliness from the very same waiters did not falter one bit on any subsequent visits. In fact they became even friendlier!! Clearly; tips aren't particularly high on their agenda!

The only slight problem could be the popularity of this place. It is fairly small and usually full-up at lunch (and especially on an evening I've heard!) which is why I always aim to arrive after the lunch crowd has subsided at approximately 3pm. Yes I am very hungry by that point but it is absolutely worth the wait, aswell as the one and a half hour's it takes me to get there by both train and bus.

Cannot imagine eating anywhere else for the forseeable future!

Recommended: the 'Turkish delight' cocktail if you have a sweet tooth, instead of, or alongside your dessert. Food-wise - any of the Pide's with mince lamb or the cold Meze. But seriously everything here is good!

1  Thank Syed-Imam