“Cool vibe, decent grub.”
Review of Cattle Grid Leeds - MOVED

Cattle Grid Leeds
Cuisines: Barbecue, Steakhouse, Grill
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The Cattle Grid team love steak and we think everyone should be able to enjoy it regularly. We aim to bring you the very highest quality steaks without breaking the bank. No hidden service or cover charges means that we can deliver a straight forward dining experience bringing you great tasting food at the best possible price. We purchase direct from market or importer to ensure we deliver the best possible quality produce.
Reviewed January 16, 2014

I went here last weekend on a night out in Leeds with some friends. We all carnivores so the very meaty menu attracted. Everything we had was well cooked and seemed to be of decent quality and my only complaint was that my steak wasn't hot when it arrived. When I mentioned this to the server, I was swiftly supplied with another plate of food which was indeed hot so not bad.

Also, I had a girlfriend who had been to University in Buffalo NY and while there had, along with her degree, gained a quite picky appreciation for Buffalo wings. Even she would have been pleased with the Cattle Grid's wings which are among the best I've had outside Buffalo.

Reviewed January 12, 2014

Been wanting to try this place for a while but always ended up next door at Reds True BBQ. As Reds seems to have set the standard for BBQ I've become quite bored with the menu (must have eaten there about 10-12 times now) so thought id try cattle grid and i was impressed!

I had a full rack of ribs, they were really nice, the bbq sauce was a little spicy which was good. Also had the onion strips - delicious!! can really recommend them.

Would visit again. Dont always stick to what you know at reds

Reviewed January 12, 2014

Have been waiting for a while now to find a really good Rib place in Leeds.

Finally I have. Have been waiting to go to Red's forever but you can never get a table unless you like a minimum 2hour wait. So went round the corner found good food, helpful service and an alright dining room.

Will revisit shortly!!

Reviewed January 7, 2014

I really hate fatty meat and ribs have never been something I've liked until I came to Cattle Grid. The ribs are delicious and do not have the disgusting chunks of fat on them that I'd usually associate with ribs. The peri-peri ribs are my favourite and great if you like a bit of spice.

They are very addictive though and I can't usually go more than a week without some.

The service is always fantastic and the atmosphere is great if you like to have a chilled out meal with friends or family.

Cattle Grid is great for a casual evening meal or for special occasions such as birthdays or New Years Eve. They also do takeaway which is just as delicious as eating in.

1  Thank NP523
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Cattle Grid is quickly becoming one of my favourite places to eat in Leeds. I love my meat!

The first time I came here I was SERIOUSLY disappointed, however the other 3 in the party very much enjoyed their meals. My main reason was my cold steak. In hindsight I put this down to it being a Tuesday night and it probably wasn't a Head Chef or Senior Chef cooking my meal.

We revisited the cattle Grid a month or so later as everywhere else was busy, and although we had to wait 30mins to get a table we really couldnt be bothered venturing back out onto the street on a Sat night to look for somewhere else.

So glad we did! the food was amazing. I decided to give the steak another go. I was so happy! This place ticks almost ALL the boxes. The only thing I might add is that the prices are a tad steep. But if you want a great steakhouse, look no further.