Sky Lounge at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Leeds City Centre
Ranked #199 of 1,915 Restaurants in Leeds
Cuisines: European
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Offering panoramic views of Leeds and Yorkshire, the chic Sky Lounge bar and balcony is central Leeds' perfect introduction to cocktail-bar culture. Book a private area for informal meetings, check email with complimentary WiFi, and order tempting bar bites and cocktails. It's an ideal venue for: Cocktail masterclasses, Informal dining - sharing plates; Drink receptions; Afternoon tea and Christmas parties. Closing time may vary at the manager's discretion. Dress code: No sportswear No sashes No Balloons No table decorations No shorts in the evening No caps No Fancy dress
Reviewed December 17, 2013

Loved the whole experience & what a view !!!!!!!! Got to the bar around 8pm for cocktails then left as we had booked a table for dinner but had enjoyed it so much that we then returned around midnight for night caps

Reviewed December 15, 2013

I doubt there is a better place when we talk about the view - the bar is located on the 13th floor, so at night it is quite the scene!
When the weather allows it, the terrace outside is perfect. There is a nice list of drinks and pretty much would serve anyone's taste. For a good table on a busy night, I recommend to book a table (advise to be near a window and you won't regret it!)
The music really helps the atmosphere and overall, I would prefer it over most bars in the city. You would also notice a difference between the clients, being a bit more... sophisticated.
The location is quite nice as well, near the Sky Lounge are a few very cool places, so if you like switching by starting with dinner, then drinks etc, I would strongly recommend it!

Reviewed December 8, 2013

Went to the Sky Bar for a pre dinner drink and then a late night cap. Being a Saturday night just before xmas, it was v busy and took a while to be served. Prices match the 13th Floor location, but the music was good, views great and atmosphere fantastic. Overall a great experience and we will be back!

1  Thank PhilMunt
Reviewed November 30, 2013

No longer a Mint Hotel, now a Hilton. There is minimalist and minimalist. Very few Christmas decorations - seems they got what was left after everyone else - staff member said The Manager was mean.

Clearly have all the making for fine cocktails - plenty of fresh veg and fruit etc., but i was there a bit early on a Friday afternoon. Clearly they were waiting for the Yuppies to end the week there.

Enjoyed a snack - salmon trio. The Chicken goujons were more generous.

1  Thank Avocettoo
Reviewed November 29, 2013

I booked a section in the Sky Lounge for my boyfriends 30th birthday. We booked from 6-8 o' clock and arrived shortly after 6. The service was awful, we didn't get our first drinks until 7 o'clock (and they didn't have one of the spirits for one of the cocktails so his arrived even later). We then tried to order another round but it took so long to get service at the bar and then for the drinks to be made, they didn't arrive until 7.40. We were in a rush to leave as we had a table booked at a restaurant across town at 8 o'clock so I asked for the bill when the second round of drinks arrived. I had paid a £50 deposit to book the area but when the bill arrived they had deducted £15 rather than £50. It took a long time to get this bill sorted out and when I tried to explain the issues we had had with the late drinks, I was told that I should have found a manager to complain to. I didn't expect to have to hunt out a manager to be served drinks in a bar! We ended up being very late to the restaurant and it was all topped off when we were told very bluntly that we had to vacate the area as it was re-booked at 8 o'clock-we were trying to leave!! The manager did offer us a bottle of champagne if we went back after the restaurant. No thanks, I'll not be visiting again.

1  Thank Louise R

Travelers who viewed Sky Lounge at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Leeds City Centre also viewed

Leeds, West Yorkshire
Leeds, West Yorkshire

Been to Sky Lounge at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Leeds City Centre? Share your experiences!