“Great for coffee in Leeds”
Review of Laynes Espresso

Laynes Espresso
Ranked #1 of 43 Coffee & Tea in Leeds
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Coffee Shop in Leeds serving the very best coffees and teas available to UK market. To go with your crafted brewed coffee, jasmine pearl tea or flat white we have a range of in-house made sandwiches, brownies and there's pastries available for breakfast along side our extensive brunch menu served out of the open plan kitchen.
Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

Good place for real coffee in Leeds. Small & intimate but unfortunately not much room to sit & savour food & drink. Worth calling in though if you can find a seat.

1  Thank hilz635
There are newer reviews for Laynes Espresso

Reviewed October 10, 2013

I stared at Laynes (as I have walked past it a million times on my way to the station) as part of my attempt to avoid chain coffee shops in Leeds. It's a lovely little place with savoury and sweet food and the coffee was delicious. A mocha is my vice and I'm pretty sure it had actual melting chocolate in which is a far cry from chocolate powder. They were helpful in advising my friend which coffee would suit her as they have an individual method of preparing coffee.

Would go again!

1  Thank Zoe R
Reviewed October 3, 2013

have been meaning to go here for a while and finally made it with my sister-in-law and mother-in-law last week. The wonderful coffee aroma hit us as soon as we walked through the door and the smell was matched by the delicious taste of our flat whites which my sister-in-law, who lives in Sydney and struggles to find this coffee in the UK, declared delicious. Two of us had a delicious pastrami sandwich, great bread and loads of filling and very reasonably priced I thought at £4 and my mother-in-law enjoyed a welsh rarebit which again for 2 slices with a lovely side salad was excellent value at £3.50. The only thing that needs to be improved in my opinion is the seating; the bar stools upstairs are great but there aren't very many of them and the downstairs felt very sad and gloomy, the tables being in one corner along with the toilet door. With such a loyal following perhaps its time to scale up?!

1  Thank MPA52
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Popped in for a coffee and a pastry as was visiting leeds for the first time. And this place had been recommended.

I had double espresso. Personally I found it quite sour. It could have just been their blend but usually thay level of sourness suggests the shot is pulled too quickly or the grind is out. However the cakes were all very good the presentation and the pallet cleanser (cold brew Earl grey) was very good and the service excellent. It's also a very nice place to be. I would give them another go next time I'm there.

1  Thank Somnophore1984
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Lovely baked goods and a good selection to choose from.
The coffee was very good for UK standards... Really good actually. Nice creama and well balanced cup.
The staff were nice.... But the limited seating took a while to find a spot for four people... It seems the kind of place to sit alone with an iPad or MacBook Pro for a few hours working in a 'cafe-office'.

1  Thank aussieboy85