“Best coffee in Leeds”
Review of Laynes Espresso

Laynes Espresso
Ranked #1 of 84 Coffee & Tea in Leeds
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Coffee Shop in Leeds serving the very best coffees and teas available to UK market. To go with your crafted brewed coffee, jasmine pearl tea or flat white we have a range of in-house made sandwiches, brownies and there's pastries available for breakfast along side our extensive brunch menu served out of the open plan kitchen.
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Normally I'd be more than happy to have coffee in Costa, Starbucks or Cafe Nero ... until I came across Laynes Espresso. Was extremely impressed with the quality of the latte and also felt it would be rude not to indulge in a cake too ! The staff are extremely pleasant and actually seem to be interested in your order, rather than most 'chains' where you are regularly ignored whilst staff chat amongst themselves. I'd have no hesitation in recommending Laynes to anyone wanting a decent cup of coffee in Leeds. The only downside is that Laynes is some distance from my office so I can't visit as often as I would like.

1  Thank Adam H

Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

Love Laynes. Beats the proverbial out of some other purported coffee houses in Leeds (or anywhere).

Simply put, here's why you should go here:
- gorgeous PROPER COFFEE
- Proper coffee , properly made
- independent - support your local indie shops!
- great staff, friendly!
- the cakes. ..oh.my god. The blondies are worth skipping lunch for.

A proper antidote to the bland blah blah starmucks, costa-lottas and caffe zeroes of the world.

Please guys, if you ever find yourselves looking to open another shop then please make it Horsforth. That way I can satisfy my coffee addiction closer to home ;)

Reviewed April 3, 2013

I really dont understand the hype about this place. I partly went there because of the good reviews on here. However I was dissapointed by the drinks and food. I bought a tea, shortcake and chocolate brownie. The tea was normal I guess, just an average cup of tea which is no different from the big chains. The chocolate brownie was awful. It had a horrible flour like taste to it. The shortcake was nice but pretty expensive considering it was tiny. They did not have much else, with just two sandwiches on offer (and no they werent going to make any other ones even if you asked). Nice independant place and probably good if you like coffee but fans of tea and food would be advised to go elsewhere. Also its very small and you would be lucky to get a seat.

Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

Found Laynes by accident last year ~ never again will I get a coffee from Costa, Cafe Nero or Starbuck when coming into the station.
Sandwiches, cakes ~ fabulous.
My boyfriends parents live in Italy, they were impressed with the coffee standard ~ on a par with expresso bars in their local town in Italy!

Only one thing missing ~ skimmed milk :-)

2  Thank Avenue124
Reviewed March 30, 2013

kind of place that is popping up all over . they are friendly and do good coffee and cakes and deserve our support