“Afternoon delight”

Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Brilliant lunch with my partner great choice of food, staff and owner very friendly, a great place to take time out at a slower pace, looking forward to my next visits.

1  Thank HAPPYDAYS1995

Reviewed November 21, 2013

Another place on my Tripadvisor tick list was visited today.
I must admit to trying to go here once before but it was too busy to accommodate us then.
The friendliness of the lady who spoke to us that first time along with the great reviews the place is picking up made us try again.

This is a small intimate cafe set in the heart of Oakwood.
You can watch the world go by if you have a window seat.
You can tell that the place has a loyal local clientele and I am not surprised at that at all.
We were greeted by two very friendly and chatty ladies, they interacted with us just as well as they did with their regulars.

Ok so food and drink wise......
We had a pot of tea and two coffees between us..
I had a Amaretto cappuccino coffee and it was lovely.
We both had the hot sandwiches, mine was chicken with sweet chilli sauce and melted cheese.
My OH had a bacon and goats cheese hot sarnie.
They both came on delicious home made tasty bread and were served with a good sized garnish with coleslaw.
The cakes on display looked great and I must admit to having a nosy at all the other peoples food and it all looked good.
We must go back again for a brekkie.

Our bill was £17.20 for two sarnies, two coffees and a pt of tea.
Well recommended to all.

1  Thank whatnamecaniuse
Reviewed November 20, 2013

This is an incredible cafe. They make the best bacon sandwiches and hot chocolate I have ever tasted. And bacon sandwiches and hot chocolate are two of my favorite things. They treat me like family whenever I go and the service is amazing. Anybody who says it is a bad restaraunt should be hit with a stick with nails poking out of it.

1  Thank Matthew1232013
Reviewed November 16, 2013

Others have said that this place is more cafe than restaurant. Well of that's the case give me a cafe every time.
The food was simple and excellent the price was low and the service friendly.
It reminds me of the type of bistros/cafés you find in rural France,and I mean that as a compliment.

2  Thank OldPos1956
Reviewed November 13, 2013 via mobile

I have previously read the reviews of timoneys. I drive past every day. I live round the corner. Why have I not been before. I visited for brunch with a friend midweek. The service was exceptional. The food was cooked fresh to order. The ambience was so friendly I felt like a regular. The food is simple. Not tarted up. Made fresh with love and to perfection. As for the price. . They appear to be running the place for love not money!

3  Thank Ginnerfreak