“Cake heaven!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Timoney's - CLOSED

Timoney's
Cuisines: British, Cafe, International
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Late Night, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating
“Cake heaven!”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Stumbled across this cafe on a snowy day and wow am I glad I did. Apart from the lovely warm welcome and the excellent coffee, the chocolate berry cake with fresh pouring cream was the best cake I've ever had! Happy Birthday to the cafe, I'd gladly spend my money here to keep you guys going another 8 years!

“The best breakfast in Roundhay!”
Reviewed December 15, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I regularly visit Timoney's and I cannot fault it. The service is second to none, always a smile and a cheery greeting from kathryn and her team and the food is amazing!!!I usually have a breakfast sandwich (sausage and tomato or bacon and mushroom) and my other half has the full English.which includes sausage,bacon tomato mushrooms and eggs cooked to your liking and a plate of toast! We also occasionally pop in of an afternoon and sample one of the many cakes in offer,all of them delicious.I had the Victoria sponge last time and it was to die for!all in all this place is amazing,keep up the good work guys :)

“Great homemade food,lovely ambience”
Reviewed December 6, 2012 via mobile

Lovely little cafe,all bread homemade and so tasty! Had a lunch with girlfriends and was not disappointed,yummy warm sandwich followed by a very moreish scone,the lady who owns this place is quite a character and has a chat with all customers,would recommend!

1 Thank Mrsagarlick
leeds united kingdom
“Better than Bettys”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

There are many places that are always busy but don't deserve to be. Timoney's is pretty much always busy but it's not hard to see why.

Genuinely friendly (none of this "Have a nice day folks" insincerity here), personal, attentive service coupled with excellent homemade food (don't leave without at least buying a slab of the cake of the day to take home if you can't manage it at the time) and good value for money, is the perfect recipe for a popular place to take family, friends or treat yourself. I rarely feel comfortable being on my own in a cafe or restaurant but Timoney's is so welcoming and relaxed, I don't find it difficult here.

It doesn't matter if you order a 3 course meal or just a cup of coffee, you will be afforded the same friendly service. I called in for a coffee with a friend yesterday, embarrassingly had a mega chocking fit and without asking, a glass of water was brought over. I thought that was so considerate and shows how tuned in to the needs of their customers they are here.

It's clean, cosy and in nice weather you can sit outside. You are never rushed or hurried. It couldn't be more different to the same old huge coffee chains with their 5 billion choices of drink, inflated prices and zero atmosphere

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank sarah g
Leeds
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I think I'm in love!”
Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

I've just had breakfast here with my husband and I have to admit, I think I'm in love!

The menu gave us so much choice... we wanted everything! It all sounded so good! Once we did decide, the food was lovely and perfectly cooked.

The staff were friendly and attentive and the lady who owns it was lovely and chatty.

We didn't book but will do in the future so we don't miss out! Personally, I'm looking forward to our next visit already!