“Amazing food, cosy setting and unique experience”
Review of Timoney's - CLOSED

Timoney's
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 19, 2012

I have been to Timoney's for a bowl of soup on a lunchtime before but I went to the Supper club the other night which I think is a new-ish thing. As soon as we sat down, Kathryn the owner came to see what drinks we would like, explaining all the wines and beers in detail. She then talked us through the menu which is pretty much a set menu with a choice of two mains. The food was gorgeous, it had an amazing homemade feel to it and was warm and tasty. We had the meat platter to start which had cold meats, vegetables and homemade pickles and chutneys, it was all gorgeous, my personal favourite was the cream cheese and olive dip. We then had a blue cheese and cauliflower soup which was the best soup I have ever eaten with fresh warm black pepper scones! For main it was Irish stew, as it was the day before St. Patricks Day and it was the best comfort food ever, the beef was melt in the mouth and it had a real rustic feel to it. We all shared the cheese board, which was all local Yorkshire cheeses, with a description for a each one. The service was brilliant, friendly and the food was amazing! It felt like I was sat in someones front room and was overall a really lovely night.

Reviewed February 7, 2012

Never been before and defo will be going again - food is gorgeous and staff very courteous and attentive. Nice choice of lunch menu, particularly made a change from sandwiches was the noodle salad which was plentiful and surprisingly not overpriced. Only downsides were the menu itself was a bit crumpled and worn and also the decor of the cafe wasn't the best we've seen but other than that, a place worth a visit.

Reviewed February 3, 2012

I have been visiting Timoney's since it opened about 5 years ago and can honestly say it has changed our life! The owner had just fulfilled her life's dream and taken the plunge to open up her own place. We were immediately impressed with both the quality of the food but even more so that everything is home cooked including the selection of cakes and breads.
We had also been thinking about taking the plunge and starting up ourselves and following her example we did just that! Not in the food area though - we could never compete.
I think we must have tried most of the breakfast and lunch menu by now and can recommend everything. The best, freshest ingredients seem to be used and presented beautifully and always served with a smile and a 'how are y'all today'.
I have only tried the evening supper menu recently for the first time and that was a delight too. A select menu has choices for the meat eater and the vegetarian and the menu changes each week. The most brilliant thing is the pace. There is no rush to get you finished so someone else can have your table. The pace is gentle (but not too slow - they did recognise my urgent need for a glass of wine on a Friday evening!) and relaxing. I went in stressed from a weeks work and gradually unwound and thoroughly enjoyed both the food and the ambiance.
If you want quality food at very reasonable prices then I can't recommend it enough.

Reviewed January 24, 2012

We visited on a Saturday, we booked as we have been before and it was so busy.
A great Aussie welcome from Catherine, we where seated and looked at the menus. The girl advised the daily special home made bread with tarragon, yum yum
My daughter had a breakfast butty,bacon egg and tomatoe with a side of chips (Kids)
we had an open melt & salad with drinks. Finished off with a berry chocolate cake and three spoons and a jug of cream.
Clean friendly and very welcoming. £24 all in. Compare to Roundhay Park cafe which costs an arm & leg.
Keep up the great work and we will be back no worries.

Reviewed January 19, 2012

I have visited Timoney's on numerous occasions and never been disappointed by the food or the sevice. The food is beautifully fresh, the breads are amazing but the cakes are out of this world. The staff are all friendly and once you've been in you feel you become part of the Timoney's family. Haven't tried the evening menu yet but look forward to it.
Fantastic, love it,