“pointless trip”

Henry Moore Institute
Ranked #122 of 173 things to do in Leeds
More attraction details
Owner description: The Henry Moore Institute is an award-winning exhibitions venue, research centre, library and sculpture archive in central Leeds
Reviewed February 25, 2014

Noticed the gallery the previous week when we were on the bus, so promised ourselves a trip to see the HM institute.
Walked in 11am and were dissapointed to be told that the gallery was closed as they were setting up an exhibition.
Walked out so a pointless trip.
don't think I will bother going again.

2  Thank grumbleweedleeds
All reviews
"the yorkshire sculpture park"
in 3 reviews
"interests"
"specialist"
"drawing"

Reviewed January 20, 2014

Lovely gallery space, professional layout, only negative comments are it is very small, I wouldn't travel all the way to leeds just to visit here. The work is very high quality and the staff are helpful.

3  Thank CultureDragon
Reviewed August 30, 2013

I always call in here, whenever I am in Leeds. More often than not, the art on show is rather pretentious, but to be fair, I enjoyed the current exhibition as it made me smile. Silver Clouds is an installation of big silvery foil bags of helium, which simply float around in a big airy space. That's it really, but it's fun, and it makes a pleasant change from a lot of the rubbish that poses as art these days.
Do pop in and have a look, it's free and is on till 20 October 2013.

2  Thank Martin D
Reviewed August 2, 2013

We were pushed for time, so we limited ourselves to the Insititute itself rather than seeing the whole of the Art Gallery. It was still enormously rewarding, and played to both our interests by aligning contemporary art (my passion) with archeaology and paleantology (my husband's passions). I had seen one or two of the works before, but it was interesting to see them differently displayed.