Malmaison Hotel
  • Pool
  • Pool
  • Room Service
1,575 results
All reviewssunday lunchlovely hotelmini barcar parkq parkmulti storeyclub roomstandard roomcity centregreat roomcooked breakfastreception staffbars and restaurantscan't faultchecking outfull englishcomfy bed
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 4, 2014

This is the email; I have just sent complaining -

Dear Hannah and Louise,

| am so very angry.

I have tried ringing your reception several times tonight, in Leeds and no one is picking. I am tired and I need another room. There is no answer. I am appalled by your very sloppy service.

I have stayed in this hotel so many times since 2000.

I have stayed in this room once before. It is by far the worst room you have. I had forgotten.

There is a noise from other air condition or something that sounds like a low level jet engine. It seems to be coming through my room. Its a roaring sound and it continuous.

I would have had a far better night in a Travelodge or another far cheap hotel.

You are supposed to be one of Leeds's best hotels - NO YOU ARE NOT !!!!!!

I am paying you a top price for this superior room to be kept awake !!!!!!!!!

And no one but no one is on reception. Why not ?

What a sorry excuse for a hotel this has become.

Room Tip: Go to The Calls or Hilton or Marriott go anywhere but do not stay here. Sadly they do not give a F@*k as no one picks up the phone on reception. Someone needs to be sacked. The head of the entire group I would suggest.
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
7  Thank davidguerilla
Reviewed August 3, 2014

Very welcoming reception, clean and well maintained bedroom. All necessities provided, very comfortable bed, duvet & pillows, mini bar well stocked, room service within 10 minutes! Great bar service with knowledgable staff. Nothing was too much trouble and would stay here time and time again without a shadow of a doubt

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

Myself and my partner stayed in this hotel for one night in August. We weren't disappointed. The room was spotless and nicely decorated. I'm quite particular over what rooms look like so I was happy to see that the room was 'funky' as described by the website! Only slight downside was the size of the double bed and it wasn't super comfortable like my own bed at home but we both had a really good nights sleep. The continental breakfast was superb, all the food was fresh and excellent quality. We would definitely stay here again!

Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed July 31, 2014

if you are looking for a well appointed hotel in Leeds, with very large rooms, excellent bar and restaurant then look no further, if you are a light sleeper book a hotel room at the back as the front rooms are near the main road.

Room Tip: back room away from the main road
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed July 31, 2014

I have now stayed at this hotel on 5 occasions whilst on business in Leeds (through my own choice). I have always had a comfortable stay and a good night's sleep. The hotel is in a good location, only minutes walk from the railway station, and opposite an excellent Thai restaurant. I have also eaten in the hotel's restaurant which was good. Rooms are reasonably spacious, and my only real complaint about this hotel is the lack of mobile signal in some parts of the building (some rooms have been worse than others so had to work / take calls in the bar on one occasion) and poor wi-fi strength at times. Despite this, I will be staying again in the near future.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business