“Sunday at the mal”

Malmaison Hotel
Ranked #15 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
“Sunday at the mal”
Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

Took advantage of deal with above title, good deal, nice rooms, great location. Ate in the brasserie, was okay, if had eaten there paying full rates would have been disappointed. The frito misto was the star dish - lovely tempura batter, the tuna tartare also good. Goan prawn curry distinctly average, tasted slightly vinegary. Sea bass was ok, but very small piece of fish. Finally the chocolate souffle was wet, as was the customers on the next table.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
AnnaGM225, General Manager at Malmaison Hotel, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Thank you for your review and your constructive feedback regarding your experience in the brasserie, I am sorry some elements of your meal were not as you expected and can assure you this is certainly not our standard. Please do feel free to contact me if you wish discuss further and I do hope you will allow us the opportunity to demonstrate our very high standards.

Kind Regards Anna

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
Derby
Reviewed April 4, 2014

I stayed at Malmaison on 02 April for business and it was very good in all accounts. The hotel is conveniently located to the train station, so just a few minutes walk.
On arrival it was swift and easy and I got to my room quickly, the room itself was lovely. Massive high ceilings, clean and very comfortable. The only point I would make is that the bathroom is a little tired and I'm not sure on the red painted ceiling so they could probably benefit from a refurb.
I was pretty tired so had room service which was delivered quickly and exactly how I asked for it, so very impressed.
The next morning I left to early to have breakfast, check out however was swift and efficient from the Night Manager and I also left my bag at the hotel to collect later as I was flying to London for the day.
All in all, I really did like Malmaison Leeds and would give them another go if I was in the area again for business.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write your review, I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and myself and the team look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Scarborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 1, 2014

The hotel is in a good city-centre location, close to a well-kept multi-storey car park. Our room was warm and clean, the bed comfy, sheets crisp, toiletries pleasant and the complimentary Café Express fresh ground coffee in a bag was excellent. I would have preferred a choice of pillow since I'm not keen on feather pillows. I reported a broken light bulb in a bedside lamp which was replaced almost immediately. At £20 for 3 courses dinner was good value, especially since I didn't have to pay any extra for choosing cheese and biscuits for dessert, which comprised a generous selection of 4 cheeses with good quality biscuits. The house wine was also pleasant and reasonably priced. Breakfast (£12 extra each) didn't disappoint and there was a wide choice of hot dishes, including a very acceptable 'full English'. The staff were very pleasant and friendly. The piped music at breakfast time was much more to my taste than had been the previous evening's selection, which was obviously aimed at the young set. Our standard room & ensuite were smaller than we'd had on a previous visit but it was mercifully quiet. There was no wifi in our bedroom but there was in the public rooms. Not fantastic but perfectly acceptable and we would stay again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
AnnaGM225, General Manager at Malmaison Hotel, responded to this review, April 4, 2014
Thank you for your kind review and comments, I am very pleased you had a enjoyable stay and I will certainly ensure the team at the hotel are made aware. We do have WiFi throughout the hotel including all bedrooms and I will ensure this is all checked. I hope we can welcome you back very soon for another great stay.

Scarborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 28, 2014

The hotel is in a very convenient location for the city centre and the rooms and coomon areas are clean and comfortable. The bed was very comfortable indeed. Very friendly too, both at reception, and also in the restaurant. Breakfast is well presented and the food of a high standard, especially the hot food ordered from the kitchen, which is only £2 more and well worth adding on. All in all a good hotel; not the cheapest, but not badly priced given the central location and quality of the night's sleep.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Our hotel is located in the perfect place for exploring the City, thank you for writing a review and I am really pleased to hear how friendly our staff are and that you enjoyed our Mal Breakfast. I hope we can welcome you back again soon.

Hull
Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for just one night as a birthday surprise!!! The girls on reception where lovely very helpful and was able to check in considerably earlier then expected.
I booked a standard double which was very nice, the room was large with a very comfy bed, the bathroom was also on the large side and very nice with great toiletries!!!
We had cocktails in the bar after a shopping expedition the staff we very polite and service was very good.
Breakfast was wonderful piping hot tea and coffee great choice and excellent service.
The Malmaison have some excellent deals check on there web site.
WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL.

• Stayed March 2014
Thank you for your very kind review, and taking the time to give us feedback. The bathroom toiletries are new and fantastic to see you enjoyed our breakfast experience. I will certainly ensure your feedback regarding our team to communicated and praise given. I look forward to welcoming you back in the future and making another great memory.

Reviewed March 25, 2014

I stayed at this hotel only Saturday night on a deal that the hotel offered. I thought the meals were very expensive and over rated. £15 for a burger was ludicrous. The room though clean had established mould in the tiles around shower. No parking so add another £18 onto your bill for public overnight parking. One word of advice please check your bill when leaving as they add on gratuities you haven't agreed to. On the whole too expensive even with the deal and I would be cautious about using Malmaison deals again because I think they have bumped up the price on everything to compensate.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
I am sorry to read your feedback regarding your stay, unfortunately as a city location we do not have our own car parking facilities however we do offer a discounted rate with Q Park which is a moments walk from the hotel. I hope we can welcome you back soon and please don't hesitate to contact me direct at the hotel if you wish to discuss further.

Huntingdon, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

Another great stay at Malmaison Leeds. Always a warm welcome from a friendly team who go the extra mile to make your stay special. Comfy room with a fab shower. Food and drinks to die for. Sundays need to be longer to to do the brunch justice.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
I am so pleased you had a fantastic experience at Leeds Mal, the Sunday Brunch is one of my favourites too. Great to read you enjoyed our menus and I hope we can spoil you again when you return in the future and make some more great memories.