Malmaison Hotel
  • Pool
$129
$69
  • Restaurant
Jurys Inn Leeds(Leeds)(Great Value!)
$64
$58
$94
  • Restaurant
Novotel Leeds Centre(Leeds)(Great Value!)
$65
$61
$79
$88
$81
  • Pool
Holiday Inn Express Leeds East(Leeds)(Great Value!)
$47
  • Room Service
Cosmopolitan Hotel(Leeds)(Great Value!)
$53
1,597 results
All reviewssunday lunchlovely hotelmini barcar parkq parkmulti storeyclub roomstandard roomcity centregreat roomcooked breakfastreception staffbars and restaurantscan't faultchecking outfull englishcomfy bed
Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for just one night as a birthday surprise!!! The girls on reception where lovely very helpful and was able to check in considerably earlier then expected.
I booked a standard double which was very nice, the room was large with a very comfy bed, the bathroom was also on the large side and very nice with great toiletries!!!
We had cocktails in the bar after a shopping expedition the staff we very polite and service was very good.
Breakfast was wonderful piping hot tea and coffee great choice and excellent service.
The Malmaison have some excellent deals check on there web site.
WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL.

• Stayed: March 2014
AnnaGM225, General Manager at Malmaison Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2014

Thank you for your very kind review, and taking the time to give us feedback. The bathroom toiletries are new and fantastic to see you enjoyed our breakfast experience. I will certainly ensure your feedback regarding our team to communicated and praise given. I look forward to welcoming you back in the future and making another great memory.

Reviewed March 25, 2014

I stayed at this hotel only Saturday night on a deal that the hotel offered. I thought the meals were very expensive and over rated. £15 for a burger was ludicrous. The room though clean had established mould in the tiles around shower. No parking so add another £18 onto your bill for public overnight parking. One word of advice please check your bill when leaving as they add on gratuities you haven't agreed to. On the whole too expensive even with the deal and I would be cautious about using Malmaison deals again because I think they have bumped up the price on everything to compensate.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends

I am sorry to read your feedback regarding your stay, unfortunately as a city location we do not have our own car parking facilities however we do offer a discounted rate with Q Park which is a moments walk from the hotel. I hope we can welcome you back soon and please don't hesitate to contact me direct at the hotel if you wish to discuss further.

Reviewed March 23, 2014

Another great stay at Malmaison Leeds. Always a warm welcome from a friendly team who go the extra mile to make your stay special. Comfy room with a fab shower. Food and drinks to die for. Sundays need to be longer to to do the brunch justice.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends

I am so pleased you had a fantastic experience at Leeds Mal, the Sunday Brunch is one of my favourites too. Great to read you enjoyed our menus and I hope we can spoil you again when you return in the future and make some more great memories.

Reviewed March 20, 2014

I was looking forward to staying in the Mal after some pretty grim experiences in the Hilton nearby. When I arrived at the hotel the receptionist was very nice and all looked good (nicely decorated reception area and bar etc). The room was a bit of a shock however - the bed was wedged between two walls with the duvet and mattress mushrooming around the wall's edge. the only windows were tall and narrow and out of reach so the room felt like a dark cave. I did climb on the bed to have a peek out of the window to find a view straight into an office - so perhaps just as well the window was so small! Apparently this is a 'cosy double' - for me the lack of bedside table (for alarm) was an inconvenience and the closed-in feeling was oppressive.The bathroom featured some cobwebs around the extractor fan too and whilst I appreciate the Mal's efforts to reuse paper items in the room, water damaged cases for cotton buds etc looked tatty and detracted from what I expect is intended to be a luxurious feel. both of the complimentary toiletries bottles in the bathroom were sticky - as though they had been recently used. This was a shocker for what claims to be a luxury hotel. The bathroom floor could also have been a lot cleaner. The cosy double certainly doesn't feel luxurious.
I headed to the gym straight away after arriving at the hotel as I had a dinner with clients in the evening. The gym is fine - although the water fountain was in need of a good clean - blue staining in the bowl from a long period of dripping. Again - not much of a luxurious feel. The TV in the gym was off and there was no remote control - would have been nice to have had some background noise in the gym. The biggest irritation in the gym is the timed lighting. Whilst I'm sure this is intended to save energy (a good thing) it's really irritating to have to get off of the treadmill at 5 minute intervals to reactivate the lights.....
I didn't have a great sleep because I had to get out of bed every time I wanted to check the time.
It's a shame that this was such a bad experience because the staff in general were very nice and the breakfast in particular was much better than other hotels. A colleague of mine (who arrived after me) was given a complimentary upgrade to a deluxe double - which somewhat rubbed salt into the wound. Would think twice before coming back to this hotel. CHECK THE SPECIFICS OF YOUR ROOM!

Room Tip: Check the room specification and be prepared to move if you've been allocated to a cosy double!! Ask for a room with a view.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

I am sorry we did not meet your expectations during your stay at Leeds, please feel free to contact me direct at the hotel if you wish to discuss your stay.

Reviewed March 16, 2014

Stayed for one night on a Saturday as part of a surprise 50th birthday party, booked 3 standard rooms which were ok apart from one not having any toiletries in the bathroom !! Party in the bar with drinks prices you needed a 2nd mortgage for and buffet with stale doorstep sandwiches and cold chips which had obviously cost a fortune per head. Breakfast was good eventually after getting our order wrong 3 times then running out of white bread for toast and kippers, am sorry but a hotel with this profile should not run out of white bread or kippers for that matter !!! We did complain about the breakfast and this was dealt with immediately by the duty manager who wiped the cost from our bill. Only positive was the bed was very comfy. Had received an email in the week prior offering us an upgrade for an extra cost which we agreed to but upon arrival told that no upgrades available...........got the impression that left hand didn't know what right hand doing !!! We have stayed in hotels around the world but would not recommend this one sorry.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank helen ramshaw
AnnaGM225, General Manager at Malmaison Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2014

Thank you for your review, I am sincerely sorry that you felt let down by your experience. I can assure you we review all feedback to ensure we improve. I am glad to hear the Manager on Duty did address the breakfast issues and that this was dealt with appropriately. The system for bedroom upgrades is a request basis only and I am sorry that on this occasion we could not offer a upgraded room type for you. Please do feel free to contact me directly at the hotel if you wish to discuss further.