“Great location, brilliant staff and lovely food!”
Review of Malmaison Hotel

Malmaison Hotel
Ranked #16 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I spent the weekend in this hotel, my sat nav was being a pain, so I called reception and the ladies were so helpful and were extremely patient when helping me out. They were even waiting outside for me upon arrival and there was a glass of wine waiting for me when I checked in to make the rest of my weekend more relaxed! Now that is service.

The room was on level 4 and was very comfortable. The bath filled up in minutes which was lovely and the bed was a good size and very comfortable. I did expect the shower to be a little nicer but it served its purpose and was lovely and hot. The only real draw back was that my non smoking room had been used by a smoker the day before and the smell of smoke was very strong in the bathroom. The hotel sent both the cleaner and the maintenance guy to try and help but neither could help so the strong odour was in the room after I left 3 days later which was a shame.

Me and a friend had a couple of drinks in the bar before moving into the hotels restaurant. We were both very impressed with the menu and both of us really enjoyed out meals. The staff were excellent and helped greatly when recommending celebratory drinks for us which made us try new drinks that were amazing!

The hotel is close to the main night life and for the day - shops are literally a 3 minute walk around the corner so this is ideally placed for parties or shopping weekends.

I will happily stay there again in the future - the only reason for not giving 5 stars was the smoke in the room. I couldn't fault anything else.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed July 3, 2013

I stayed at the Leeds Malmaison as part of a business trip. Reception on arrival very welcoming and helpful. Room a good size with kingsize bed yet still plenty of space around. Clean crisp bedding and very comfortable bed. Quality extras in the bathroom and good selection of teas and coffees. The location is a walk away from the station and very central.
My only slight issue was the location of the room which was at the front of the hotel facing a busy road and the traffic noise in the morning woke me up.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Had a Friday night stay here at a bargain price of £78 including breakfast. Surprising to find such a cheap rate for a Mal Maison - used to aim at a more exclusive market. As a result the hotel was very busy but thankfully the stag/hen parties weren't present. Superb service from very friendly staff on reception - a great welcome. Nice room, clean, but starting to show it's age. Great location in Leeds, short walk to the train station and a short walk in the other direction to the main shopping area on Briggate. Very close to the gay bars as well. Despite us having a room at the front there was no noise disturbance. Excellent breakfast with very good service. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CheshireNick
Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend stayed here for a night on a Sunday stopover deal. This meaning if you spend 75 pound in their restaurant you only pay 25 pound for your room! First of all the hotel is very beautiful and the decor is just how we like it ! The greeting we got from reception staff whilst checking in was brill she was very helpful and extremely friendly ! Noticed it was my birthday and given us two free drink vouchers ! When we got to our room there was a birthday card with my name on from the Malmaison team , again including two drinks vouchers .. At this moment I was very wowed ! The room was very spacious clean and tidy , we had good facilities in the room and the mini bar was fully stocked with a range of drinks and snacks ! We had our meal booked for 7.30 ,we used our free drink vouchers in the bar then on the restaurant .. The waiter noticed it was my birthday and brought me a glass of champagne on the house .. I felt very spoilt and was enjoying every minute . The good was delicious we both had steak , there was plenty of choice on the menu , choosing a three or two course selection we opted for a two course finishing with a pudding ! The waiter and all other staff were so friendly and made you feel special , very unique hotel. We will deffinatley reccommend staying here and I think from now on we will use a Malmaison! Worth every penny a luxurious feel to it and makes you feel spoilt !

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Emmalouisebell
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We visited the Malmaison in Leeds at the beginning of June on a 2 night stay over the weekend. Having stayed in several of the hotels within the Malmaison group previously, I have to say that this was by far the nicest and brightest. Perhaps it has recently been refurbished, as all of our rooms where bright and airy, whilst still in keeping with the Malmaison style. Perfectly located for the city centre, the reception staff were lovely, very helpful, as were the bar staff when we stopped off for drinks one night. We didn't eat in the hotel, so cannot comment on that, but overall had a fantastic stay and will definitely book again on my next visit to Leeds.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I would just like to say a very big thank you to all the staff at The Malmaison Leeds for a thoroughly enjoyable stay. I had booked a deluxe double for a special occasion, but was informed when I checked in that we had been given a complimentary upgrade to a suite, very unexpected but a what a nice surprise! The suite was awesome and every bit as good as the description on the website.

We had booked a meal in the restaurant, which has a cool relaxed atmosphere and the food was excellent. After a drink in the bar after the meal, rather than head into Leeds for the nightlife we decided to retreat back to the suite, you would wouldn't you!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank justblackpoolcom
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Stayed here for a works conference and was a lovely place. I cannot comment on value for money etc as I have no idea how much it was, so here's my generic review:

Staff - extremely friendly and helpful at all times.
Rooms - Quite spacious. Limited space to hang towels when wet when sharing. Twins are pushed together, slightly strange. Equally, we just pulled them apart, but it meant that we got half a headboard, slightly annoying. TV didn't work but thats an engineers issue really. Tea and coffee in the room lovely, especially the coffee!
Cleanliness - Very clean indeed! Cannot fault

It was very loud at night but luckily I had ear plugs, so that sorted that problem!

I would certainly stay here on a personal trip.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business