“This premier inn has upped it's game...”

Premier Inn Leeds City Centre Hotel
Ranked #18 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

An enjoyable, comfortable and friendly stay, at a premier inn which is about 15 minutes walk from the train station in Leeds city centre.

We stayed here and had a great stay. Our room was next to a main road but we couldn't hear any traffic. The room was clean an the staff couldn't do enough for us.

Having stayed at a few premier inn's, I think this hotel has had a bit of an update in the rooms, new fixtures and fittings etc. I could tell, it makes a difference.

The only thing that stops this being a 5* review is the food, it was below what we expected; I won't bother with the breakfast next time.

I would stay here again though. :-)

• Stayed: July 2013
Katy B, Manager at Premier Inn Leeds City Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am grateful for your feedback about your stay. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Leeds City Centre Premier Inn Kind regards,
Katy Barron

Write a ReviewReviews (1,246)

Reviewed July 27, 2013

The Premier Inn is well placed for the city centre as it is about a 12 minute walk away. The parking is free. The is a TGIF Friday next door but we did not use it.
The accommodation was clean and the building appeared recent. It is very close to the old Yorkshire Post offices.
As expected there is an elevator so no problem with stairs.

Room Tip: Room on the highest floor.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed July 25, 2013

We chose this travel inn as a break in our journey from Scotland to Norfolk [ there and back]. It was a bit difficult to find on the way there- despite the satnav- but the welcome was great, the staff were friendly and booked us a table at the TGIFridays next door for dinner. Dinner was great [ a margarita is always a good way to start a holiday!] When we arrived there on the way home, the check-in staff remembered us, asked about our holiday and once again booked us a table. Dinner again was great. breakfasts were fine too. The air conditioning in the room was very welcome as it was so hot - but I would have liked it to have been colder that the coldest setting it allowed. OK, I'm odd but I prefer a bedroom temperature of about 15 degrees [or less].

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 24, 2013

Ok, if I hadn't had a negative breakfast experience. This was served in the TGI Friday below the premier inn. Plates, cutlery seemed as though they didn't get a really good wash or rinse. Very short staffed. Could barely keep food topped up and had to find someone to seat us.
Room very comfortable. Weather very hot so we appreciated the air conditioning in rooms. We travelled by rail and there are many hotels closer if you are walking to and from station that you may want to consider first. My fault I didn't check a map properly.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am grateful for your feedback about your stay. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Leeds City CentrePremier Inn Kind regards,

Reviewed July 23, 2013

I have stayed in many hotels worldwide and have been pretty consistent and balanced I think, in my reviews (please feel free to access them). I state this beforehand, because I must say that this is one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in. The room was spacious, incredibly quiet (and I can wake up with a pin dropping), very clean and well equipped, The bed was just fantastic and I had 2 of the best nights sleep I have had in any hotel. The main thing for me however, was the excellent staff/customer communication. Everyone, from front-of-house, to cleaning staff were friendly and approachable, and in a very natural way - nothing forced if you know what I mean. small e.g. a guy was walking through with a tray of coffee, the guy behind the desk said "I'll get the door for you" virtually ran from behind the front desk to open the door. Many places would have just watched him go by. The cleaning staff were just lovely, very genuine - asking about any problems (my door stuck a little on the deep pile carpet (not a huge problem) but the cleaner noticed it and said "I've reported that". I think many 4* hotels i have stayed at would do well to try to attain the standard of this hotel.

Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights while visiting leeds for Europe's strongest man. The hotel was very clean and the staff were very friendly and helpful. They booked us taxis and even refunded us for our stay because the fire alarm sounded in the early hours of the morning. Couldn't say a bad word....best of all was the TGI's :-)

• Stayed: June 2013

We are delighted that your stay with us was a good one. Thank you for your comments on our comfortable rooms. Our team members will be pleased to receive your feedback, as they endeavour to give all our guests a high level of service. Thanks for taking the time to review your stay; we look forward to welcoming you back in the future

Kind regards

Reviewed July 22, 2013

First time and it will not be my last. Very impressed with this chain. Easy booking, great price, easy check in, great clean air conditioned room and even though our room overlooked a very busy road there was very little noise as a result of the quadruple glazing!!!!! Also free parking. What's not to like. We were here for a graduation, but have to say Leeds would make a great girly shopping weekend and this hotel only a ten minute walk into the city with great shops and great bars/cafes/restuarants.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Premier InnPremier Inn. I look forward to your next visit. Kind regards.
Operations Manager