“spoilt by no water for bath or shower”

Premier Inn Leeds City Centre Hotel
Ranked #22 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Reviewed May 29, 2013

This hotel is in a good location with a free car park. Our room was a good size with a double and a single bed in>the double bed was very comfortable. We got to our room at 23.00 only to find we had no water to bath or shower- having been to a wine tasting event we thought maybe it was us!. We decided to retire and shower before breakfast but again were unable to get any water, so went to breakfast and decided to check out early and go home to shower. When checking out we told reception who just said oh I better tell someone about that-sorry. I would have thought we could have been asked or offered another rooms facilities to use before we left. I would use this hotel again but would check everything worked when I checked in. The breakfast was also nice.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank janet g
Katy B, Manager at Premier Inn Leeds City Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Dear Janetg

Thank you for your review, we are very disappointed to hear of your experience at our hotel. At Leeds City Centre Premier Inn it remains our objective to deliver a high standard of service in our hotel. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel. I will then be able to investigate the issues raised.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

A friendly welcome was a great start to visiting this Premier Inn location - you could not have wished for more helpful staff.
The room was a good size, clean and comfortable and the restaurant next door was good with average pricing though could not find anywhere for a snack or sandwich nearby.
Free parking was helpful and location relatively good access to the city centre.
Would definately stay here more for business if pricing slightly adjusted.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank suzanne_h61

Dear Suzanne_h61,

Happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Leeds City Centre Premier Inn. I look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

Stayed on a visit to daughter at Leeds Uni. Ideal location with free parking and easy access to student area in Headingley without driving through city centre. Not too keen on adjoining TGI Fridays as the hotel restaurant but plenty of other venues to eat just a short taxi ride away in city centre or 15 minute walk. Hotel very quiet, clean and excellent value for money. Have stayed here a few times now and can thoroughly reccommend.

• Stayed: May 2013
Katy B, Manager at Premier Inn Leeds City Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking your time to post a review here on Trip advisor. I am grateful

Reviewed May 18, 2013

We managed to get a £29 room over the early May bank holiday to visit our daughter in Leeds. This Premier Inn is conveniently sited within walking distance of the City Centre, and has parking (we have learnt in the past that staying in the Travelodge is a false economy if driving, as the cost of parking quickly mounts up!

It was very busy being a Sunday night before a bank holiday, but despite this busy-ness, the noise levels in the room were absolutely fine. The only problems with the number of people there was at check-in, which was much slower than usual. This seemed to be because housekeeping were still working on some of the rooms, and the customers trying to check into these were therefore taking longer as they made decisions about their options. Given that check out in Premier Inns isn't until 12, and check in starts at 2, on a busy weekend like this I suspect that such problems are relatively likely; the logistics of getting all rooms turned around must involve a certain reliance on some people checking out early which might not be as likely over a bank holiday weekend.

As with all Premier Inns, the bed was large and comfortable, and the room equipped with the basics that you need but no frills.

My only criticism on this trip would be that breakfast was only available if pre-booked the night before, and when paying extra for breakfast I usually like to see how I feel in the morning before making my mind up.

I've marked as average compared to other Premier Inns; compared to other brands of budget hotels this stay was very good.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed May 13, 2013

A group of us stayed here this weekend. Our group consisted of 6 adults and 4 children. 3 of us were taking part in the Leeds Half Marathon. We cannot praise highly enough the level of customer care and service we received from the staff at this hotel. Nothing was too much trouble, and they are to be commended for their friendliness and professionalism. We will definately recommend this hotel to others. The only slight drawback is that it is about a mile to the city centre, a little too far for the younger children to walk, and not great after running 13 miles. A good alternative though if the other city centre hotel is full.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for your review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit it Leeds City Centre Premier Inn and that all the team made you to feel welcome, they will all be very happy to read your review

I look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

My daughter and I were on a Theatre Trip in Leeds and stayed for two nights. When we checked in we requested a quiet room at the back, because at the front of the hotel there are major roads, and a flyover. The staff were extremely friendly and gave us a room at the back overlooking the car park, it was very quiet. We did have an issue with noise from a room above late at night, it was preventing us going to sleep. I reported it to the staff on reception and security went to the particular room and they had a word with the guests and the noise stopped. The hotel is very clean and all the staff very cheerful. The hotel is around 15 minute walk from the Railway Station.and the city centre. There is a bus stop just around the corner if you don't want to walk, we used it quite a few times, buses are every few minutes. All and all a good hotel, with very friendly staff.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are quieter because of the main road at the front.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed May 13, 2013

Whilst the hotel was your standard clean, comfortable, reasonably well equipped Premier Inn the hotel itself was pretty noisy. I was woken at 3.30am by the noise of people returning, I presume, from nights out and was kept awake for an hour by the subsequent shouting, laughing, arguing, banging of doors etc. I was in town to run a half marathon at 9.30 that morning so this wasn't particularly appreciated. Not really the fault of the hotel/staff but not great either.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo