“Could have been better !!!”

Premier Inn Leeds City Centre Hotel
Ranked #24 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
London, United Kingdom
“Could have been better !!!”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Not a bad hotel really and maybe a overall rating of 3 is unfair , however in order to get the improvements up with the other Premier Inns I have stayed in , I see a 3 ok to start. not going to go into deatil but all staff were very welcoming and friendly , rooms are what you expect but gthe breakfast was not up to much with dirty cultlery and plates , so check before you fill your plate( and not being funny but you will notice it).

Room Tip: Best ask for a room on the 3rd floor as you won't hear all the walking about !!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
MichalaMaughan, Manager at Premier Inn Leeds City Centre Hotel, responded to this review, November 7, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

I am grateful for your feedback about your stay.

I will also pass your feedback onto TGI Fridays who serve breakfast so their management team can investigate.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Leeds City Centre Premier Inn

Operations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
Hereford, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Stayed with partner and teenage daughter for two nights during half term visiting older daughter who is at uni there. Very comfortable room, huge flat screen TV, spotless, especially the bathroom. Friendly staff couldn't do enough for us. About a ten minute walk into town, which is where we went for breakfast, finding several Wetherspoons. Close to station. Hotel near to a roundabout and dual carriageway but triple glazing worked really well. Free parking, and plenty of it. Will definitely stay there again next time we visit. Leeds is a lovely city with good shopping.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Hello,

Thank you very much for your review.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit at Leeds City Centre Premier Inn.

I look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Operations Manger
Kent
Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

The location is not great a bit of a trek to town also our lock on door was broken and my son had to sleep on a bed with a broken leg as it fell off ! We had told a maintenance guy we saw about the door but it didnt get fixed :-( the restaurant was next door joined to the hotel but not there own its TFI FRIDAYS and again was poor quality to what we are use to and a cold feel would deffinatley not stay again only upside was we were offered my room refunded for the lock and bed leg and an apology

• Stayed August 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

I am grateful for your feedback about your stay. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Leeds City Centre Premier Inn.

Operations Manage
Stoke-on-Trent
Reviewed November 1, 2012

We stayed at the premier inn Leeds for my birthday. The room was on the ground floor facing the busy road but due to the triple glazing we did not hear any passing traffic. The room was lovely and clean. We did not book the breakfast but walked into Leeds which took about 10 minutes and ate at weatherspoons. we will certainly stat at this hotel again and really enjoyed our time in Leeds.

1 Thank potters80
Hello,

Thank you for your kind comments and compliments.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at Leeds City Centre Premier Inn and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Operations Manager.
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Getting to Leeds I needed an Hotel near the train station as I had to catch an early train for London.
Being always satisfied by the Premier Inns I picked the City Centre one, just 2 minutes by taxi or 10 walking, as I did in the morning...
I had then a strange incident as at first my electronic key did not open the door of the room.
They checked it and this time it did, but I found that the room assigned was "unfortunately" occupied, as there were trousars and shirts hung around, luckily there was nobody in or it would have been embarrassing to explain what I was doing there...
I went back to the reception and they immediately apologized, telling they were going to investigate as the room HAD to be free....then gave me another room that was fine....and I got back to the usual standard of the Premier Inns.
Anyway due to the initial "incident" I can not assign them the highest mark this time...

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
MichalaMaughan, Manager at Premier Inn Leeds City Centre Hotel, responded to this review, October 30, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

I am grateful for your feedback about your stay.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Leeds City Centre Premier Inn

Halifax, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Very convenient for night out in Leeds centre.
Usual premier inn rooms and standard of cleanliness and service - which means good value for money. Beds are as usual very comfortable !!
Good value room as ever at £57 as we booked in - online - a couple of hours before we checked in.
Benefits from the TGI Friday's attached to the hotel. Bar is not too expensive for a hotel/TGIF bar.
Reception staff were very helpful with restaurant recommendations and directions.
If you want to walk to City Square it's less than 20 mins.
Plenty of free parking!

Hello,

Thank you very much for your review.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit at Leeds City Centre Premier Inn.

I look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Operations Manger
Worthing, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 22, 2012

It's a Premier Inn so you know what to expect, and rooms in this hotel are entirely in keeping with the standards you expect from the chain, coupled with welcoming and helpful service. Excellent value for money for a city centre location if booked and paid in advance. As always the room was spotlessly clean - the first priority for us.

We spent a very comfortable and remarkably quiet 2 nights here over a weekend (Friday and Saturday nights) and the location is reasonably convenient for the city and the station (about 20min walk).

The one disappointment for us is that we like to have a restaurant on site for our evening meal. This hotel was next door to a TGI Friday which is not part of the chain usually associated with Whitbread, and is not the kind of establishment that we enjoy, but there are no other traditional pub/restaurants in the immediate vicinity, unless we missed them.

However, for a good value stay in Leeds we would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel.

Hello,

We are delighted that your stay with us was a good one.
Thank you for your comments on our comfortable rooms. Our team members will be pleased to receive your feedback, as they endeavour to give all our guests a high level of service.

Thanks for taking the time to review your stay; we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.