All reviews hanging baskets night porter sloping roof coach party coach holiday bus stop right free car park ground floor breakfast was included cooked breakfast shower head saturday night good size booked this hotel leeds city centre self service excellent value for money
Reviewed September 16, 2018 via mobile

Stayed overnight, room was clean, very hospitable staff. Outdoors there was room, to sit and relaxWill be coming back a few times, hopefully over the next few months. Also food seemed pretty good, although only had b/b

Stayed: September 2018, traveled solo
1  Thank thomasbrennan712
CornmillLodge, Owner at Corn Mill Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2018

Thank you for your kind review.

Reviewed September 15, 2018 via mobile

We came across this little gem in error But it was well worth it. Despite there being a wedding on during our stay, the noise level was very low. I really wish we found this hotel last year when we taken our Son to Leeds Beckett Uni.
The room was very clean and spacious. The restaurant offered a wide menu choice for evening meals only downside that the prices were expensive especially when you are on a budget.
The Breakfast was great offered a wide selection of choice of cereals fruit and cooked buffet style. You will need to ask for your egg to be fried or poached as there is only scrambled available.
If there were any problems the staff sorted them out quickly and efficiently and also had a smile. Joanna made you feel welcomed and her local knowledge was second to none. She is credit to the Hotel.
We will be booking again.

Stayed: September 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank Kingfisher98
CornmillLodge, Owner at Corn Mill Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2018

Thank you for your review. Do you eat out in restaurants? We have 6 dishes (Main Course) at £9.95 and a further 4 at £10.95 on the menu.

Reviewed September 9, 2018 via mobile

Stayed in a family room which are quite big.
The hotels cleanliness is really good and the staff on reception are friendly, apart from them good points the hotel is quite dated as is all the furniture which is very much from the 80's era the breakfast is of a decent standard but nothing sparkling it seems a popular hotel as it was busy but i do feel for the money your paying its not cheap! The hotel should be revamped.

Stayed: September 2018, traveled with family

This hotel was built 20 years ago this year and deco and carpets changed twice.
The family rooms mentioned sleep a family of 4 and after VAT works out at £19.58 Bed & Breakfast per person, Where elser can that be beaten.

Gordon jowett M.D.

Reviewed September 6, 2018 via mobile

I arrived late and was checked in by the cheerful and efficient night porter who gives a good first impression. The budget room had a sloping roof but was clean and had everything you need. Bathroom small, shower a bit weak. All very clean. The property is well looked after with lots of flowers which make it pleasant. The breakfast was fine. Unfortunately I was woken at 5 am by a motorbike accelerating away from the traffic lights outside and this happened enough to keep me awake. I checked the window vent after reading other reviews and it was open. When closed there is still a lot of noise but it might have helped. I don’t think it should be assumed to know about it. Unfortunate sleep interruption is a big deal, otherwise there’s a lot to say for this hotel and the evident effort from the team.

Stayed: September 2018, traveled on business

The budget rooms which we call the compact doubles don't have a sliding vent as the standard doubles do, I did not quite understand the review.

Thank you for your review.

Reviewed September 4, 2018 via mobile

With a wedding to attend this weekend passed in Leeds, my wife and I came across this hotel through tripadvisor.com and decided it was definitely well priced, considering it’s location and facilities offered. There is ample parking and good security. Upon arrival, there looked to be a wedding party in full flow, which didn’t cause any issues for us, although a lot of the guests were scattered around the entrance of the hotel having their fresh air breaks. We arrived relatively late and although many guests were evidently merry, they were not rowdy or obstructive in any way... although it became known to us later on that there was a little trouble amongst the party. This wasn’t so much of a problem for my wife and I as these type of things are expected at wedding functions after a few drinks.
We were greeted by Ruth who worked efficiently and made our stay very personable with her friendly, polite and humorous personality. My wife and I were given clear and concise answers by Ruth and she remained very courteous throughout our check-in. We were told breakfast is served between 8am and 9:30am. Our room was on the first floor, number 110 and we were handed our electronic key, which was by far the easiest key entry I have ever used (no need for a second or their attempt to open a door, after a 3 hour drive). Having brought a fair amount of luggage, Ruth also offered to keep our belongings in the hotels storage room, which also had plenty of spare room, amongst other miscellaneous bits and pieces such as a few stacked chairs, a hoover etc.
The room itself was just what we needed, a clean bathroom, a comfortable bed, wardrobe with hangers, iron and ironing board, coffee facilities and adequate lighting. However, the shower pressure was a little low and the water temperature in the shower itself was maybe luke warm. After a long drive, however, any shower was most appreciated :) The room was situated more or less outside the entrance of the hotel and noise from the wedding party did travel into our room when the window was left open.
My wife and I ventured into Leeds city centre for a while and returned quite late.
Having moved away from Leeds some ten years ago, I had arranged to meet with an old friend at the hotel and we went for a drink in the hotel bar. The staff never made us feel pressured to leave and the atmosphere was pleasant.
We decided to call it a night around 1:30am. I didn’t manage to catch the chap’s name at reception but do think I saw a Liverpool FC tattoo on his right arm (or similar football club emblem). Again, he was very welcoming and cheerful albeit the middle of the night at this point.
Breakfast was fairly basic, not much option for vegetarians or vegans and I did not use the milk as it was more than likely to have been dairy. I would liked to have seen an alternative (almond, soya, coconut, oat etc) milk option or dairy free butter spread. The breakfast staff were not very engaging and tended to stand around together to make small talk amongst themselves. It would have been nice to have been shown to a table and explained how the service works, but then again, I just wanted food. Ruth was kind enough to suggest that I take something back to our room so my wife could have something to eat also (as she was taking some time to get into her Indian outfit for the day ahead).
I must stress how helpful Ruth was although your stay at the hotel. She handled all my queries efficiently and from my observations when passing reception, she multi-tasks very well. Not once did she show any signs of impatience, even though I am aware that I can be rather demanding. Nothing seemed to an inconvenience for her and I can only hope that I come across more individuals like Ruth in the future when staying away from home. Ruth even exceeded my expectations by offering to take pictures of both my wife and I, fully dressed up for the wedding we were attending. I do believe that these small gestures and hospitality do go a long way and leave a long lasting (positive) impression.

Overall: a good stay, reasonably priced although breakfast was not particularly imaginative.

Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple
2  Thank naveen_ss

Thank you for your kind review.

We do offer dairy free spread at every breakfast but only cater for vegans on request. (say the night before).