“Gluten Free folks welcome here”

Corn Mill Lodge Hotel
Ranked #46 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Reviewed December 7, 2013

I stayed here last weekend and was impressed by the fact that they could cope with me no problems in the dining room - in actual fact the young manager went out of his way to make sure my food was okay even to the extent of ensuring that I had a different starter and sweet both nights.
Room clean and tidy and staff all very pleasant - and I was on a coach tour!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
CornmillLodge, Owner at Corn Mill Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2014

We try our best whether it be for a single booking or a party booking of up to 50 people.

Thank you for your review.

Reviewed December 3, 2013

We stayed here for 1 night to attend a concert at the Leeds Arena.
First impressions of the hotel from the outside were good and pleased to see a large car park.
Check in was quick but not memorable and the receptionist didn't make us feel welcome
The room was up in the attic so had a sloping roof (only banged my head twice!) and skylight but I knew this when I booked. It was reasonably clean with a decent selection of tea and coffee and a good sized TV. Bathroom was a good size and plentiful hot water but the shower was more of a trickle than a power shower which was disappointing.
The bed was comfortable but the pillows were poor.
We arrived back to the hotel in the early hours of the morning and I was impressed to see the night porter monitoring the car park and our arrival.
Check out was quick, we left the key on the reception desk, no invoice received, no question from the receptionist if we enjoyed our stay, I'm not even sure she said goodbye
Would possible stay again as it was reasonably priced but overall average

1  Thank Weeble23

We don't want guests to stay with us because we are reasonably priced but because they want to stay with us for other reasons.

I am frequently in reception when the keys are being handed in/out and I always hear a thank you being said.

We are not a mainstream hotel where you hear have a good day on your way out but couldn't care less.

When I stayed in a 4* hotel in Jersey recently I heard a simple thank you on departure and I was quite happy with that.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

We stayed here on the 23rd and 24th November. The room was clean and pleasant and the food in the restaurant good value for money. For us the best part was that our dog was not just accepted we felt she was welcome. No sour face at reception when she arrived, a room that was not just the least desirable room they couldn't let to anyone else as dog friendly rooms so often are, No extensive grounds to walk in but the car park was well lit and felt safe to go out late. Our only problem was some other guests who were very noisy in the early hours of Sunday morning - at one point it sounded as though there was a fight in the corridor.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
CornmillLodge, Owner at Corn Mill Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2013

Sorry about the noise. Saturday nights/ Sunday mornings can be a problem but in the main the night porter keeps on top of it, if you should ever encounter a problem like this again - if anyone rings down to reception it will be dealt with straight away. We are lucky that being on the outskirts of Leeds we can keep this kind of problem to a minimum.

Reviewed November 24, 2013

Stayed 2 nights here on a Friday and Saturday night and I would definitely stay again. The room was lovely and nice size, the hotel in general was very nice and the two receptionist we saw were very polite. We had breakfast both mornings which was lovely and we ate in the restaurant on the Saturday night and the food was exceptionally nice and all staff were very nice too.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your kind comments.

Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed November 19, 2013

I stayed here on the 13th nov

I was really happy with my room, and how quick the heating come on warmed the room very quickly
One of my tea cups had something on it I mentson this to a member of staff and it was sorted with in minutes
And they were very helpful telling me where to catch the bus
And the food was fantasic
Would stay again

• Stayed: November 2013

Great, that's what we like to hear!

Thank you for this review.

Reviewed November 19, 2013

My husband and I have recently had a two night stay at this hotel. A very comfortable room I had previously asked for a quiet room away from the busy road and we were given a room on the second floor, it did have a skylight and sloping ceiling no problem with that, it was lovely and warm and the bathroom quite modern and clean. We had buffet breakfast in with the price on Saturday a fairly good choice, could do with a fruit bowl.
It has a large car park which is covered by a security camera.

I would certainly recommend this hotel it is not too expensive, handy for a short city break.

Room Tip: Some rooms overlook a busy ring road but you can ask for a quiet room at the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review.

We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

We have stayed at the Cornmill Lodge 4-5 times over the past few years and have stayed in the compact double, standard double and family suite/ premier rooms.
The staff have always been polite and helpful when we have stayed. As some of the previous reviews have mentioned, some of the rooms do have fairly thin walls and you can sometimes hear the people in the next room. However the room we stayed in this time was very quiet, even though we had people in the next room. We did have a small issue with the first room we were put into but this was immediately dealt with by the lady on reception, who moved us to another room. The rooms are comfortable and clean with the hotel being ideally situated meaning you can be either in the city or countryside within minutes. The White Rose Shopping Centre is only a few minutes drive away, for those who like to shop. There is also freeview TV and free internet.
The hotel does hold wedding receptions here and if your room overlooks the courtyard area, this can sometimes be a little noisey (which is to be expected). If you are a light sleeper, and there is a wedding reception on, I would recommend a room on the opposite side.
The hotel also has an on site restaurant. We have been here a couple of times and really enjoyed the meals. Breakfast is also very nice.
Our visit this time was for part of my 40th birthday. My fiancee had contacted the three hotels we were staying at before hand to explain this. The Cornmill Lodge was the only one not to respond. The others offered free room upgrades and free glasses of wine. I totally understand this is at the managers discretion, so wont hold that against my review..
We often visit the Leeds Bradford area and will be staying at the hotel again.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper and there is a wedding reception on, ask for a room on the other side of...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
CornmillLodge, Owner at Corn Mill Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2013

I am sorry we did not act on your enquiry was it a phone call, email or fax? As for upgrades and free wine we always endeavour to offer value for money.

Thank you for this review.