“Absolutely dreadful!”
Review of Beechwood Hotel

Beechwood Hotel
Ranked #74 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Reviewed September 16, 2010

Unfortunately I didn't read trip advisor before I booked this place - sadly for a funeral with my sis and mother. It was so bad - water-stained ceilings, mould in the showers, rooms suspiciously full of revolting air fresheners, a huge hole in the bathroom wall, dripping taps, plaster coming off, everything unbelievably shabby and dirty-looking - that we decided to leave. I had given the man - who had seemed nice and friendly - my credit card over the phone and he insisted we pay full price for the rooms we booked. This should have one star at the most - do NOT be fooled by the rating it has. It should be a backpacker hotel and priced accordingly. It doesn't cost much to paint rooms, freshen beds and change drooping curtains, etc, so why don't they do it?

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family

Reviewed March 29, 2010

Stayed one night as hotel convenient for the evening with friends.
Rooms apallingly shabby, we considered leaving as soon as we had seen them, but decided to "put up with it" because of the convenient location for us.
Decor in need of serious renovation, stains on ceilings, chipped paintwork, shabby "woodchip" wallpaper, old tired and outdated furniture.
DEFINATELY NOT worth £65 a night, DEFINATELY NOT value for money. You can get lovely, modern rooms at Travalodge/Premier Inn for the same or less, and I suggest you consider this before venturing in to the Beechwood Hotel.
Breakfast ok, staff pleasant enough, but they should be ashamed of the quality of the facility they run.
I bet people only go once! I certainly would not return there.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with friends
3  Thank HRACambridge
Reviewed March 22, 2010

A friendly family run hotel at reasonable prices.
I'm a contractor and I stayed here for 7 weeks and always found the place clean and tidy.
Good location with local pubs, restaurants and very close to Roundhay Park

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed January 29, 2010

Having read the other comments we were a little unsure what we would find.
But was pleasently surprised, did these other people stay in the same place, from the minute we arived to the time we left the owner could not have done more.
The rooms were clean and warm with no mold or damp that we could see.
The breakfast was lovely all cooked to order with coffee, tea and orange juice re-fills.
We have two teenage children the eldest of which had his own room , we had a family room with our other son who was more than happy with his bed.
The eldest son had access to his own shower and also had a warm and clean room.
When we go to see the family again we will definitely stay at beechwood.
Thank you for a lovely weekend.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed September 6, 2009

We needed a place to stay for one night in this area and this was the only one with a room we could find. The owner (a friendly woman from Peru) seemed almost embarrassed when she showed us to our twin non-ensuite room on the 3rd floor. It was dark and grim. The bathrooms were on the floor below and although clean were awful and the shower control had broken off on the one I used. The place needs a complete refit. Everything is very dated, shabby and old and the carpets are stained and slightly unpleasant to walk on. Breakfast was fairly basic but we didn't expect much after the room. We paid £55 for this rather unpleasant experience and the dog muck was still on the lawn the next morning. I would only recommend the Beechwood hotel as a last resort.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JMR243
Reviewed August 31, 2009

A truly horrible place. It was cold, damp, dirty, noisy and the rest. It blew my mind to discover how much mold was in the rooms. This hotel is going on my '10 worst places I've Ever Stayed' list. The owner, while pleasant, seems to have no concern for the cleanliness of his establishment. The room was introduced as having a bit of mold issue, as if saying it made the problem go away. I can't even talk about what the bedspread and towels looked like.

To be avoided. The location is good and near Round-hay park, which is a plus, because I would recommend a tent in the park over this place.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank ben586
Reviewed July 24, 2009

Booked through Late Rooms it should not have been on their site. I can imagine a blind person would perhaps not have been quite so appauled at the level of dirt, dust and general deprivation that this place has been allowed to fall into. How on earth they can show three stars commended from the British Tourist Board i do not know it should read condemend. I would not let my dog sleep on the floor. I just wish i had read all the reviews before making this booking.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business