“Wonderful Small Hotel in Leeds, England”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Avenue Hotel

The Avenue Hotel
Ranked #52 of 86 Hotels in Leeds
Cumbria, United Kingdom
“Wonderful Small Hotel in Leeds, England”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2014

I was on a mission of mercy, and as cost is always an issue, chose the Adriatic Hotel in Leeds, England to book as the cost was reasonable. The room was immaculate and with a stall shower (room #3) was perfect for me.

But the service cannot be beat. Thank you Mica and George for making my stay as good as it gets. They stored my perishable food in their refrigerator overnight as well.

Kind regards,

Arlene Johnson
Publisher/Author

Room Tip: Room #3 is for a single person.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Turkish first
Shanghai, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2014

I chose the Adriatic Hotel because it was close to the Church I was to attend for a funeral. My train to Leeds was delayed because someone was fatally hit by a train. So I arrived after 2.00am that night, I was very apologetic but the Hotel manager George was pleasant and very welcoming, he helped me with my luggage up the stairs as there is no lift, at 8.45am he and his delightful wife Mika were there when I went down for breakfast which was just what I needed. "Full English breakfast!!"

The room was home-style, comfy, the shower was clean, I was able to leave my bags there while I attended the funeral and pick them up before I returned to the train station as I only stayed 1 night.

I will definitely stay there again when I return to Leeds.

Room Tip: If you are not good with stairs, ask for a room located on one of the lower floors when booking...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Doncaster, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2014 via mobile

I think this hotel is lovely. The staff are sincere and genuine and seemed interested in us. The rooms may need updating but they are large, have plenty of sockets and drawers and have good lighting. The car park is spacious. The breakfast good. A bonus was the wi fi strength reached to our room. Great place.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Aylesbury, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2014

George who I guess is the owner is a really nice guy who made our stay for two nights as comfortable as possible. He served the breakfast too and it was spot on. The room was adequate with TV and tea making facilities, but the bathroom could have done with some maintenance with an annoying cold water tap that didn't turn off fully.
Nicely located 2.2 miles from the city centre with free parking.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2014

Hi stayed at this hotel last night for my daughters hen party there was 20 of us the service we received was fantastic. Lovely family they couldn't do enough for us, the rooms were ok spotlessly clean but could do with a little modernisation. The food was lovely and they had it ready nearly as soon as you were seated. Highly recommend thank you xx

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Hull, England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2014

Don't be put off by the area. This hotel, though old was everything I could ask for. Comfortable, warm, clean room and very friendly owners/staff. There was plenty of hot water for the shower (which was very clean, along with the sink and toilet). I was staying by myself whilst husband was in 'Jimmys' and after leaving the hospital didn't want to go out looking for somewhere to eat, so I asked if they could provide a meal. They said it was no trouble and I had an excellent hot meal and pot of coffee. I also had a great 'full English' breakfast the following morning. All food being excellently cooked. The owners are very friendly. This was an excellent place for me to stay as it is only 5 minutes drive from the hospital (I left the car parked at the hospital and taxied to and from the hotel as I don't know Leeds well. Taxi's are readily available). So pleased to have found it.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Wrexham County, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2014

I am not normally one for writing reviews but I feel I must comment on how much I enjoyed staying at this hotel.

A group of 10 of us stayed here this weekend for a friends birthday and from the moment we arrived the staff did their utmost best to make us feel at home.

I stayed in a four bed room and although the decor was pretty dated the room was clean and cosy.

I cannot begin to explain how lovely the staff were. I have never received such great service in a hotel before and would not hesitate to stay here again!

Thank you for a fantastic weekend!

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Hollyrobertsx
adriatichotel, Owner at The Avenue Hotel, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
What can I say but "wow" thanks for your kind words and a true reflection of the hotel. I hope we can be of service again!