The Avenue Hotel
$69
$95
$80
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Express Leeds East(Leeds)(Great Value!)
$47
HIExpress.com
Novotel Leeds Centre(Leeds)(Great Value!)
$67
Quebecs(Leeds)
$88
Travelocity
  • Room Service
All reviewsroundhay parkcity centrestayed hereprivate car parklarge tvbudget hoteladriatictaxiloungemodernisationcontractorsheatingchannels
Reviewed November 15, 2013

If you are looking at this then you have left it too late and all the decent hotels in Leeds are booked. My advice, stay home.

This place is a miracle of nature and science, featuring the only bath in the world that is cleaner after you use it and the toilet that never stops flushing!

To stay here you will need the following:
Nose plugs for the stink,
Food because they have a restaurant downstairs,
Bed and pillows because someone's skin and hair and blood will be in the one you get,
Ear plugs - for gods sake don't flush the toilet, just leave what you did there trust me it's better

I got here and filled up the kettle for a tea then went out. When I got back I did not check, but someone had emptied the kettle so when I switched it on it blew up, adding a new flavour to the stink.

Got some food on the first day, they brought it to my room on a tea tray with an elegant covering of tin foil. The dude dropped a comment like, You've never had service like this.

Yes I have. It's called room service.

I took a bit of the meat, going to have it analysed for human DNA.

The woman at the desk had chef whites on, looked like a lab coat, probably for the dungeon.

I'm going now.....they are coming for me.....goodbye world

Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank N F
adriatichotel, Owner at The Avenue Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2014

I am sorry to read that we haven’t met your expectations of the service we offer here at the hotel. Perhaps if you had given us the opportunity to discuss your comments and observations at the time, we could have had the opportunity to address them.
However, I should comment on what you have said. Our decor is old and it is not hidden from the pictures and we are rated for our cleanliness. The hair that you have taken a picture of should not of been there and we apologise for that. The toilet takes 1.5 minutes to fill once flushed... and that's it.
There was a smell on the first night as the room next door had a take away - something I will address later.
I cannot comment about the skin, hair and blood on the pillow but I'm sure you would of taken a picture as with the others. All our bed linen is clean and fresh.
When we service the bedrooms we replenish the tea/coffee tray and yes! empty the water from the kettle. Surely it's common sense to check that water is in before you switch it on.
Spaghetti Bolognese was ordered and you asked if you could have it in the room. I explained that we do not like to have cooked food in the bedrooms as it can leave an after smell, see my point earlier. However, the customer pleaded that they had work to do and it would really help them out. I relented, which was a bad mistake and once the food was ready it was taken up stairs with foil covering it as it had some way to go. The exact word words were “ here you are and enjoy your meal. The comment about the meat is pure malice!
We are only a small family run hotel and we do have uniforms for various tasks and we are smartly dressed. Rather than a customer waiting for anything we try to serve at once so they do not have to wait! Hence he was checking out and only had to leave his key. Yes, my wife was wearing chef’s whites at the time as breakfast had just finished and we were tidying up.
The picture of the tiles were not found like that nor were they left like that. There are no excuses from us that the tiles could of been removed as easily as that but I have to add that they were manipulated for the picture as was the shelf in the bedside cabinet. It was not found like that nor was it left like that as I had been in the room changing a light bulb prior to the guest arriving and the reason I know this is that I moved the cabinet back in place so that I could reach the light.
I am disappointed that you did not come and address your concerns to me as I would of been able to correct them. We have learned lessons from your comments but to all others reading this check out the "dudes" other review....wow!

Reviewed November 10, 2013

having stayed in hotels for 20 years for coach companies ,some I would not let my dog stay.this hotel rates very highly in my view good food ,good service,good parking ,I would stay again without a doubt.thanks very much to George and his wife for a lovely stay see you soon hopefully with one of my coach parties.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
adriatichotel, Owner at The Avenue Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2013

Many thanks and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

16 of us stayed here for my friends 40th birthday. On arrival we were welcomed with a schnapps shot(nice touch) first question we asked was what time th bar closed. We were told it was open as late as we wanted. We had a few drinks on the bar served by a lovely gentleman called George then the manager Alex arranged for us a minibus into town . Had a fab time and got back about 1am where George was there to serve us more drinks . Breakfast the next morning really hit the spot . Fab full English and unlimited tea coffee and juice. Our bus arrived to take us home and the staff stood and waved us off George blowing us kisses . It's not easy to please 16 women but every1 of us said we would definitely come back. Any1 that complains about this hotel needs a reality check . It is the cheapest in Leeds but I think the best service. Thank you Alex & co. we will be back

• Stayed: September 2013

A true reflection, see you again.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

Me and my friend wanted to book somewhere cheap to stay as we were going to mint festival, we found Adriatic and it was £49 for a Saturday night. We wanted to check in earlier than the usual time which they said was fine but we were late and they had no problems with this. We asked for ice, glasses and straws when we got there so we could have a few drinks they got us these straight away and carried our bags to our room. The room was a decent size with about 3 mirrors and even a full length one which girls really appreciate when getting ready! There was a tv with a free view box so had some music channels to listen to while we were getting ready. We got back from the festival early hours in the morning and had our own key to get in. All in all a decent hotel and I would go back and stay here if I was having a night out in Leeds as it's right near the city centre and the staff were so friendly!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

Wonderful, thanks.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

I will start by saying that this was a deliberate "budget" booking, as I just needed a room for the night at relatively short notice. So my expectations were aligned with only what you would expect from such a booking. Good grief - was I educated! I really don't feel it is unreasonable to expect a basic hotel to just get the basics right. So, referencing the basics only - it was awful! The bed mattress was totally spent and resulted in a gravitational shift to the outside edge of the bed several times, awakening me from sleep. Next, up early for a quick shower before I set off for my client meeting - except - there was no shower. There was one installed - it just didn't produce water. Nothing I tried would alter that. So an improvised wash as I was now running tight on time. And two less serious issues, but again "basic" - No toiletries and no WiFi unless you go down to the lounge. Remind me what year this is? The final straw was the reaction of the owner when I conveyed my issues - "you should've come and told me when you got to the room last night". I despair - and I won't even think about a return or recommendation. This place is from another era!

Room Tip: This place doesn't even make "cheap" good value - go elsewhere.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Fin8MK
adriatichotel, Owner at The Avenue Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2013

Dear William, having read your review I think your expectations of what you pay for a hotel room far exceed the reality. We are often in the top 5 for the lowest price accommodation in Leeds for a single room, £37.00 in your case.
Addressing your points:
* Apologies for the bed not being comfortable.
* We do get from time to time people not knowing how to use the shower and a simple explanation would of sorted this! sorry if it made you late.
* Toiletries, we only provide soap and a set of towels, budget remember!
* Wifi is advertised as as free of charge in public areas only, this is clear on our listing with Booking.com. I can only assume you missed it?

Next time on booking a hotel read the description properly, look at the pictures and finally the cost should give you a good indication of what to expect.