“lovely stay”

The Avenue Hotel
Ranked #54 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
“lovely stay”
Reviewed November 10, 2013

having stayed in hotels for 20 years for coach companies ,some I would not let my dog stay.this hotel rates very highly in my view good food ,good service,good parking ,I would stay again without a doubt.thanks very much to George and his wife for a lovely stay see you soon hopefully with one of my coach parties.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
adriatichotel, Owner at The Avenue Hotel, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Many thanks and we look forward to seeing you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Turkish first
Reviewed October 5, 2013

16 of us stayed here for my friends 40th birthday. On arrival we were welcomed with a schnapps shot(nice touch) first question we asked was what time th bar closed. We were told it was open as late as we wanted. We had a few drinks on the bar served by a lovely gentleman called George then the manager Alex arranged for us a minibus into town . Had a fab time and got back about 1am where George was there to serve us more drinks . Breakfast the next morning really hit the spot . Fab full English and unlimited tea coffee and juice. Our bus arrived to take us home and the staff stood and waved us off George blowing us kisses . It's not easy to please 16 women but every1 of us said we would definitely come back. Any1 that complains about this hotel needs a reality check . It is the cheapest in Leeds but I think the best service. Thank you Alex & co. we will be back

• Stayed September 2013
A true reflection, see you again.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Me and my friend wanted to book somewhere cheap to stay as we were going to mint festival, we found Adriatic and it was £49 for a Saturday night. We wanted to check in earlier than the usual time which they said was fine but we were late and they had no problems with this. We asked for ice, glasses and straws when we got there so we could have a few drinks they got us these straight away and carried our bags to our room. The room was a decent size with about 3 mirrors and even a full length one which girls really appreciate when getting ready! There was a tv with a free view box so had some music channels to listen to while we were getting ready. We got back from the festival early hours in the morning and had our own key to get in. All in all a decent hotel and I would go back and stay here if I was having a night out in Leeds as it's right near the city centre and the staff were so friendly!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Wonderful, thanks.
Milton Keynes, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 17, 2013

I will start by saying that this was a deliberate "budget" booking, as I just needed a room for the night at relatively short notice. So my expectations were aligned with only what you would expect from such a booking. Good grief - was I educated! I really don't feel it is unreasonable to expect a basic hotel to just get the basics right. So, referencing the basics only - it was awful! The bed mattress was totally spent and resulted in a gravitational shift to the outside edge of the bed several times, awakening me from sleep. Next, up early for a quick shower before I set off for my client meeting - except - there was no shower. There was one installed - it just didn't produce water. Nothing I tried would alter that. So an improvised wash as I was now running tight on time. And two less serious issues, but again "basic" - No toiletries and no WiFi unless you go down to the lounge. Remind me what year this is? The final straw was the reaction of the owner when I conveyed my issues - "you should've come and told me when you got to the room last night". I despair - and I won't even think about a return or recommendation. This place is from another era!

Room Tip: This place doesn't even make "cheap" good value - go elsewhere.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Fin8MK
adriatichotel, Owner at The Avenue Hotel, responded to this review, September 22, 2013
Dear William, having read your review I think your expectations of what you pay for a hotel room far exceed the reality. We are often in the top 5 for the lowest price accommodation in Leeds for a single room, £37.00 in your case.
Addressing your points:
* Apologies for the bed not being comfortable.
* We do get from time to time people not knowing how to use the shower and a simple explanation would of sorted this! sorry if it made you late.
* Toiletries, we only provide soap and a set of towels, budget remember!
* Wifi is advertised as as free of charge in public areas only, this is clear on our listing with Booking.com. I can only assume you missed it?

Next time on booking a hotel read the description properly, look at the pictures and finally the cost should give you a good indication of what to expect.

Travelers are raving about these Leeds hotels

Reviewed August 26, 2013

Excellent helpful staff!!
It was amazing! Just what we needed! The room was perfectly sized! The breakfast was perfect! But overall was the staff! Amazing!!!
They were friendly in every way and catered to oumr every need! This hotel woukd suit everybody!

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Shellynixon
Many thanks for your kind words, best regards.
Newton Le Willows, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Stayed here whilst my partner was having treatment at st James hospital. Lots of other relatives of hospital patients in the hotel so the owners are very compassionate towards these guests. As other reviews have said the decor could do with a little updating but the hospitality from George and his wife far out weigh the lack of up to date wallpaper. The food served in the evening is lovely I would recommend the steak with pepper sauce and the breakfast gives a good start to the day all proving you shouldn't judge a book by its cover.

• Stayed July 2013
We wish you all the best.
Reviewed July 15, 2013

The welcome was warm. Rooms, although dated in decor, were clean and comfortable with ensuite facilities. We came to Leeds to attend a concert in the city centre. Frequent buses within short walk of hotel enabled us to quickly get into town. We got the last bus back, the return trip costing less than £8 for the four of us with a day ticket. Had a good night sleep with a hearty breakfast to send us on our way and all for less than £30 each, excellent value! A friendly family run business. I would certainly stay at the Adriatic if ever overnighting in Leeds in the future.

• Stayed July 2013
A true reflection, thank you and look forward to seeing you again.