Glengarth Hotel
Novotel Leeds Centre(Leeds)(Great Value!)
$108
$104
$112
$108
$114
$104
$105
  • Pool
Ibis Leeds Centre(Leeds)(Great Value!)
$56
$129
  • Restaurant
Park Plaza Leeds(Leeds)(Great Value!)
$100
  • Restaurant
Clayton Hotel Leeds(Leeds)(Great Value!)
$103
$88
$119
$100
$99
$96
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
All reviewssingle roomb bbudget hotelsmall guest houseroom was cleanperfect locationbeansexcellent value for moneyother guestsyogurtstayed here for one nightshort stayuniversitygraduationproximity
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 2, 2012

My wife and I stayed here when our daughter came to look around university halls.
The university campus is literally on the other side of the road so you couldn't find a hotel any nearer. With such good value room rates I wasn't expecting more than a bed for the night. I was pleasantly surprised.
Both of our en suite rooms were spotlessly clean and the staff were welcoming and courteous. Both bathrooms were brand new and there was loads of hot water for us all.
Breakfast was very nice and served promptly as we arrived in the breakfast room.
We were absolutely delighted and would definitely stay again.
Highly recommended.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank GWA_Russell
Reviewed April 29, 2012

A very nice clean b & b staff very friendly and accomodating, they even had a charger for my I phone , will stay here again for sure!!! Bed was real comfy bathroom was immaculate . Room of decent size with flat screen towel , tea making facilities , hair dryer . Close enough to walk into Leeds fifteen minute walk. Very pleasant stay
Thanks
Sam

• Stayed: April 2012
4  Thank Samwea
Reviewed April 26, 2012

I was visiting Leeds to attend at the Yorkshire Archaeological Society (a short walk from the Glengarth) and the Leeds Archives. I chose the Glengarth after seeing previous reviews, and was glad that I did!

The price was right, and the guest house, while basic, was clean. The staff are extremely friendly and helpful. Wireless in the room was free and always fast. Breakfast was fine. The bus to the city centre was one street away and only a 5 minute ride.

Nothing was a problem for the Glengarth. As a single traveler, it is important to me to feel safe, so the location next to the university, and the fact that it seemed that I was being taken care of by the hotel were very much appreciated. I ended up having to travel by train to other archives, both north and south, but the proximity to the centre and the rail station meant that I could access the trains without delay. And when I had to leave Leeds earlier than planned, it was with regret on my part and a friendly goodbye from the Glengarth.

I would definitely stay again if my research or other plans take me to Leeds.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Catsitter
Reviewed April 16, 2012

Fairly basic but very clean.Would have liked to be able to have breakfast somewhat later.Was able to park but small car park got very congested.Given door key so we could come and go as we pleased.Annoyance of one guest Skyping at the top of his voice all through breakfast one morning.Wi-fi was apparently available in the bedrooms so he could have been requested to use it there.No restaurants within walking distance.Needed to use car to go out for dinner.
Would stay there again if we needed to.Cost was reasonable.

Room Tip: As have mobility problem was able to request ground floor room when I booked.This faced rear of house and was quiet.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank meikiepuss
Reviewed March 22, 2012

My partner and I stayed at this hotel as I was visiting the university. It really is the perfect location - literally a 3 minute walk to the Biological Sciences department, which was exactly what I needed.
We checked into the hotel at about 11:30pm, which was pre-arranged by email. We were greeted by a young man in his late teens/early 20s who appeared to be the only customer facing employee and were shown to our room promptly. The room was basic but clean. There was a double bed and a single bed as well as a wardrobe and a desk, all of which fitted in the room comfortable with room to spare. The bathroom was clean as well with complementary soap and shampoo and there was also towels provided. The bed was comfy although slightly hard, but nothing to complain about - after six hours of driving I would have slept pretty comfortably on a brick wall. However there were two plug sockets in the room, one of which was about 7 feet in the air. Luckily we had brought a USB extention cable so this wasn't a problem so I would definitely recommend bringing one if you wish to use both plug sockets at the same time.
Breakfast was a choice of a full English breakfast or cereal. My partner opted for the English breakfast which he was pleased with. We discovered after breakfast that they took requests in terms of how your meal was cooked, e.g. scrambled egg rather than fried, which would have been handy to know beforehand. The breakfast room was fairly small and we did have to share a table so if there are more than two of you going I would recommend going early into breakfast if you do not want to be split up (breakfast is from 7:30-8:30.) I would also recommend facing towards the window and away from the kitchen; one of the chefs has a tendency to stare and it got a bit uncomfortable at times. The young man who greeted us was also present to welcome us into breakfast; despite us being there at 11:30pm at night he was still up to greet us at 7am the next day, which I though was admirable. Although I could help but feel another customer facing employee would have taken some of the pressure off him.
Overall I found the hotel comfortable and clean. I was also able to park my car there after the checkout time, which was extremely handy given the cost of parking elsewhere. I would recommend it for the price. The furnishings and wallpaper aren't the most modern and, as another review stated, it did look a bit "tired," but the service was good, the room was spacious and the location is fantastic.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple