“Recommend”
Review of Glengarth Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Leeds
Glengarth Hotel
Ranked #14 of 25 Leeds B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Recommend”
Reviewed October 9, 2011

My daughter and I went to Leeds for the university open day. I found the Glengarth on the Uni website. Although it looked tired from the outside we found our room clean, comfortable and spacious. The bathroom was very new and although small it was a good shower - powerful and lots of hot water. The room had a television with a wide choice of channels and there was a kettle with tea, coffee and longlife milk in the room which was very welcome after the long journey. The owners were very helpful and welcoming. Breakfast was a full english or continental which was nice and plentiful. The Glengarth was in a brilliant location for the uni and if we have to bring my daughter back for an interview at Leeds Uni I would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank Val L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed September 21, 2011

I stayed in the Glengarth with my co-author of a paper we were presenting the next day at a conference in the law department of Leeds Uni. The price (50 pounds for the room) was good, the room itself was adequately sized, bathroom small but fully functional, and the 'continental' breakfast the next day was good too (cereal, toast, tea and orange juice, in fact what I eat normally). The law department was literally five minutes' walk away, so a perfect location for two junior academics who are not 'morning' people! The staff were friendly, albeit somewhat confused by my Scottish accent yet also ability to speak Italian. Although they do take credit cards, I think they charge extra, so better to pay in cash. They also have free wifi for guests (although we didn't use it).

Room Tip: Perhaps asking for a room not facing the road would mean a quieter night's sleep.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
4 Thank dawlee
Yorkshire
Reviewed August 29, 2011

We needed somewhere to stay near the university and there wasnt much choice, looked on their website and wasnt looking forward to staying here but it looked the best of a bad bunch,

I was pleasantly suprised, yes the rooms are basic, but for £45 for a double room including a full english i have no complaints. Rooms are clean, bedding was nice, tea & coffee & hairdryer provided & theres a small free car park. Small flat screen tv in room aswell. Small (newly refurbished) bathroom with shower. Area was very quiet yet 5 minutes into town.

If i needed to stay in this area again i would book this B&B again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank tonilouise
Reviewed May 15, 2011

Just come back from staying atvthe Glengarth for a friends stag do. It does exactly what you would want in a budget hotel - clean rooms, comfy beds and very powerful showers. Owner very friendly too.

• Stayed May 2011
8 Thank Npiddy
warwickshire
Reviewed February 21, 2011

My daughter and I stayed at the Glengarth before her interview at Leeds Uni. We were greeted with friendly smiles and shown our rooms - two good sized rooms - one with a double bed and the other with two double beds, both with brand new shower rooms. The rooms were extremely clean and well equipped with a TV, hairdryer, tea and coffee, towels and soap. The beds were comfortable and the sheets were starched white and clean. During our stay there were continuing refurbishments being carried out and everyone - workmen and hotel staff alike were concerned that we should not be inconvenienced by them. For breakfast we chose the continental breakfast and were given a complimentary glass of orange juice. We were allowed to leave my car in the hotel car park for as long as we liked the next day which saved a lot of money and hassle finding a car park. For value for money the hotel was unbeatable. There were small flaws - the hot tap didn't work in my bedroom. I told the manager - he said he would see it it and I am sure that he did. The room and ensuite shower room were a little cold, but not so much that it mattered, and for the price I didn't expect it to be perfect. This hotel is really trying to be clean, comfortable and to offer a friendly service and it succeeds on all fronts.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
7 Thank dishmop
New Delhi, India
Reviewed July 18, 2010

i persuade that this is one of a finest hotel that can be trust with. compared to all other hotels that i had stayed in i this one is fairly cheaper. customer service is fabulous ....i really enjoyed the experience

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
4 Thank ramphoh123
Glasgow, Scotland
Reviewed June 24, 2010

Described as friendly and family run, this colourfully decorated B&B has all the basic features. With single rooms starting at £28 I’d definitely opt for the more expensive room with en-suite although even my room (£36), described as the “big room”, could only fit a double bed and a small folding chair. It also featured the shower as part of the bedroom next to the small built in wardrobe. The breakfast choice was “continental” (cereal and toast) or full English with tea/coffee and orange juice. The place was clean enough and the towels replaced daily. I wouldn’t recommend staying here for more than 1-2 nights; the main feature is the close proximity to the University and city centre. If you only need a no-frills bed for the night then this place is ideal.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business