“Dishonest owner, dirty, and not worth it”

Wheelgate Guest House
Wheelgate Guest House
Ranked #75 of 86 Hotels in Leeds
Pesaro Italy
“Dishonest owner, dirty, and not worth it”
Reviewed October 17, 2005

I though I was going to sleep in a single room with tv and ensuite bath (that is what she/the owner said on the phone when I called) in a guest house with 3 dimonds from the English Tourist Council, but instead she gave me a single room (1 and half yard wide by 2 yards long) with dirty sheets, shared dirty bathroom, shared tv inside one of the 2 caravans she has parked outside in the garden. The price was supposed to be £35 with dinner and breakfast but I told her that I would not have dinner. She replied that she will give me a discount. When I arrived we decided that it would have been better if I did not to have breakfast the following day since I was going to be the only one she had to cook for and I did not particulary care about having a full english breakfast (this way I thought I would save a few pounds). My total saving was £ 7,50 for dinner and breakfast (could have been better).

• Stayed October 2005, traveled on business
8 Thank alericci2

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
BASILDON
Reviewed November 16, 2003

An OK place to spend a night but I wouldn't want to stay longer. On the plus side the owners were very friendly, the bed was comfortable and the breakfast was excellent. However, the owner offered to provide soup and sandwiches on our arrival and lunchtime and then charged us £7.50 each which was very poor value for what we got. I will admit that some blame must go to us for not checking the price first! The shared shower didn't work particularly well - at maximum heat it was not much above lukewarm and the flow and force of the water was similar to that from a watering can.So if you just want to get your head down somewhere and havea good breakfast then it's fine, if you want anymore then you will be disappointed.

• Stayed November 2003
5 Thank BRIAN S

Travelers are raving about these Leeds hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Leeds
South Milford Hotel
Corn Mill Lodge Hotel
Corn Mill Lodge Hotel
#43 of 86 in Leeds
Hotel ibis budget Leeds Centre

Been to Wheelgate Guest House? Share your experiences!