“Ok if your eating at the Bon”

Wheelgate Guest House
and 1 more site!
Wheelgate Guest House
Ranked #76 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
“Ok if your eating at the Bon”
Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here on numerous occasions when eating out at the Bon, nothing special but clean. Only issue is the hard bed and flat pillows. Would return again but I will bring my own pillows and water, as water is not sealed so must be tap water.

• Stayed September 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Very over priced and no cooked breakfast was even offered had evening meal there and could eat most of it. I thought I was get getting budget place to stay but ended up paying four star prices for a shared bathroom spent most of the night awake due to the uncomfortable beds avoid at all costs

4 Thank shell7501

Travelers are raving about these Leeds hotels

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 5, 2013

We found a very warm welcome at the Wheelhouse. Jean and Pete were lovely to us and our two girls. We stayed one night in the static caravan which was roomy and comfortable. While it's true that the fittings were not brand new, everything we needed was there. It was quiet and the kids loved it. The food was nice too. Would recommend.

1 Thank debsmooth
Warragul, Victoria, Australia
Reviewed July 4, 2013

This B&B is in Sherburn not Leeds and I can't believe the bad reviews I have seen here! It is clean and comfortable with good facilities and food prepared to order and served at the time that suits you best (within a sensible time frame). My wife and I stayed in the room nearest the street which had double glazing and a wall at least 18 inches thick and were not at all disturbed by noise.

1 Thank John W
Bolton, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Needed an overnight stay in the area and found this on late bookings.com. Didn't know what to expect but found the owners and staff to be very friendly, helpful and accomodating. We could choose our own time for breakfast, so had a lie in. The cooked breakfast my husband had was very tasty and I had museli and fruit which I had asked for. I have now read other reviews and find them very harsh as I really don't know what people expect. Ok, it wasn't up there with the best but it was clean and welocoming. I feel you only get what you pay for and this was cerainly value for money. Would go again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Newquay, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 5, 2013

We stayed in this noisey guest house for 2 nights & told was told it would be only the Sunday it would be noisey, what a joke, it was noisey all the time with being so close to the traffic lights. Both rooms we were shown were dirty & with tired furniture & bedding. Our breakfasts on both days were cold & not did not do our appetites any favours, the 2nd morning my wives breakfast was stone cold, I played safe & had toast. We will not be staying there again or recommending it no one
Paul Smith

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank smudger565
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 1, 2013

This is the worst hotel I have stayed at and really wish that RAC had not put us up there as the car would have been a far more pleasant place to sleep. The room was tiny with two single beds in it. The wardrobe was merely a bracket for a flower basket with half a dozen coat hangers on it. The kettle was a travel kettle - probably the size was to make the room look bigger than the shoebox it was - and took ages to boil. The complimentary tea, coffee and milk was out of date by several years. The bottle of water did not look drinkable. We arrived at 9.45 and the welcome was far from that with the landlady grudgingly giving up watching her film on Sky to give us the keys - the pyjamas she wore were rather dull. The breakfast we were told was a continental one and consisted of cereal, fruit and toast with juice and tea or coffee. Also it was at 7.45/8am. Was told if we wanted an full English breafast we would have to pay extra. The room did not have ensuite facilites but hey we had a toilet in a broom cupboard - not recommended for anyone taller than 5 foot 2 as you then hit your knees on the wall when you sit on the toilet. The shower - upstairs - was large (far larger than our bedroom) and new but all the toilet rolls were just part ones - guess you were meant to use every last square of toilet paper. The bed quilts were obviously for a childrens beds as too small for the single beds we had. The pillow I had was hard as a rock and the bed slopped to one side. Decor was early 1970's. The diningroom was interesting with its fake beams made of plastic. The breakfast when the landlady made it - she turned up at 7.50 in her dressing gown and asked if we wanted breakfast and then asked us to wait while she got dressed. Oh cereal turned out to be the cheapest ever cornflakes - sort of beige and very tiny - in the bottom of the smallest cereal bowl you can get (she had put it in for us) - and the fruit was three slices of banana (only two for my partner) and two grapes cut in half perched on top of the cornflakes. Toast was two toasted crumpets and what looked like a burger bun which had been toasted and a quarter was missing. Juice was obviously very cheap and was so sweet that it was barely drinkable. The coffee pot had enough in it for just two cups. We practically ran out of the place the moment that the lorry driver arrived to collect our car. Wish we had insisted that the RAC had relayed us down to London with our car on a flat bed lorry and us in the front of the lorry rather than be subjected to the worst hotel I have ever stayed in - heck the place I stayed in Dublin years ago that had a cork stuffed into the bedspring to stop it sticking in you was far better than this. My advice is skip this place and stay anywhere else as it is disgusting!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank parnell32
Also consider these accommodations in or near Leeds
South Milford Hotel
Best Western Plus Milford Hotel
High Bank Hotel
High Bank Hotel
#71 of 87 in Leeds

Been to Wheelgate Guest House? Share your experiences!