“BE AFRAID BE VERY AFRAID!!!!!!!!!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Leeds
Crescent Private Hotel
Ranked #24 of 25 Leeds B&B and Inns
derbyshire
“BE AFRAID BE VERY AFRAID!!!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed June 10, 2012

my husband just spent one night in this awful place needed somewhere quick so picked this place what a mistake that was the room was filthy he was given a dirty towel which by the way he said you wouldnt dry a dog on it this place should be condemed it was a health hazard hes sure hes got flea bites.he would rather had slept on the street would have been cleaner

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with IKnowUK

1 Thank krankapaw

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Chichester, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 13, 2012

I spent a weekend in Leeds with 2 friends and we concluded most hotels in the city centre were too expensive. We found the cresent hotel online and If im honest it looked a plesent place. But oh no.

We were "greeted" (and i use the term loosly) by a man in his mids 20s who looked very out of place and suprised that we were standing there. He took a while to awnser the door and didn't give us much of a greeting at all. We paid upon entry and he gave us keys to our rooms. My room was the best out of the 3 we were given. the other 2 were dreadful. Dents and crack's in the walls, dirty, wardrobes/drawers that were unsafe and moving about. They smelt terrible which was eventually covered up by the use of deoderent.

The shower room wasn't that much better. The doors were broken and I had to hold the shower head as it kept falling off its holder. They ran out of toilet paper with no additional supplies dispite the owner saying he would sort it out. We had all paid for breakfest which we did not recieve in the morning. Im really glad this was only for one night. Anymore and i think we were looking else where or just going home. It was a relief to leave on the sunday morning as it ment we could go home and not go back. We spoke to a few women from Newcaslte who said they liked the place. we couldn't help but laugh at this after as they were being serious.

If im honest this place doesn't deserve 1 star. it needs some serious improving if we ever intend on stay there again.

1 Thank Sam A

Travelers are raving about these Leeds hotels

Preston, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 7, 2012

The room was dark and you could smell smoke straight away. The son's attitude was terrible as he looked hung over and he was not friendly. There was no heating until night time on the first night and the second night none at all. Communal areas were locked and smelled of smoke (this was supposed to be a non-smoking hotel).

The first morning the breakfast was slapped in front of us without asking us what we wanted (dirty fingers in odd colored cups as he carried them over). No breakfast the second day as the son managing it was either hung over or sleeping from the middle of the night party he must have had that also woke us up. Nightmare bangs and laughing in the hotel even though we were the only people staying there.

They took cash at the beginning of the stay and so at the end there was no one in the hotel to see us off and eventually we left to get breakfast at a friends.

Nightmare place - please send in the food health inspectors - they would have a field day.

Felt sorry for the father who greeted us originally as he was pleasant and helpful - sack your son!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 1, 2012

I stayed here for one night, and im glad it was one night, The guy took ages to answer the door, we paid, got given a few keys and told our rooms were upstairs, I had traveled 7 hours to get to this hotel, and what a mistake. The wall had a huge dent - see photo. I entered my small dimly lit room hoping for something decent.. I had a small bed, and a small sink, which was hanging off the wall with a light above it which provided no light, also another picture to follow.
The towel rail came off in my hand when i put my towel on it, and the fact there was a plug socket next to the sink, which i believe is illegal is also a huge hazard.
I paid for breakfast, and got told there was none on a Sunday!
This hotel says it is close to Elland Road, the Leeds ground.. Well I had to walk to the town, which is 30mins plus, which isnt exactly close, and I could still not see the ground.
This is a miss-leading hotel which only cares about making money and not about the satisfaction of its customers.
The door had a bit of wood between the wall and the door, As if it had been kicked in and bodged back together..
The bathroom had no toilet roll, and the shower was dirty.
I was provided with tea bags that looked like they had been there for ages, and the milk cartons had turned to yoghurt, And on top of that I was not provided with a cup.
I couldnt tell you how much of a relief it was leaving this hotel Sunday morning.

Please take a look at my pictures..

Room Tip: Dont stay here, there is no tip on choosing a good room!
6 Thank Sam_C1_12
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 30, 2012

Me and a few mates went to Leeds for a weekend away. We searched for hotels near the inner city and found that staying on a saturday night would be very expensive. So we opted for the crescent. On their website it's really misleading and most of what they say is false and lies.
As we arrived there, miles away from the city centre we approached the door and rang the bell. A 25-30 year old bloke opened the door and was very dazed that we were at the door. It wasn't the best welcome at all. He told us that the rooms were basic and went on how we needed to pay there and then. As we were given our keys we walked past the toilets and bathroom which were in a right state and needed a serious clean. The wall outside my door had been previously kicked in and the owners of the hotel had tried to plaster over the damage but made it look so bad. The smell of the room was terrible, so to make it smell a little bit better I used my deodorant to mask the smell. In the room there was a single bed, a very wobbly cabinet and a sink which included a broken mirror and miles too low to the sink to see anything. The TV made a strange noise and was very loud. The room was dingy and poorly lit with very little sun light coming in from the window up top. And lastly the room was so cold that it made it unbearable to have a good nights sleep.
In the morning when we came back from clubbing, I went for a shower, only to find that the shower door was broken and the shower head kept falling from it's stand. I had to hold the shower head and wash myself that way. The loo paper ran out and the man from the day before had to go round the shops to buy more!!! Lastly the bathroom was damp and very dirty. As we went for Breakfast, as the website stated and the man on the phone stated, we arrived downstairs to the lounge only to find that their wasn't any breakfast and no refunds. It clearly states on the website that all guest receive a complementary Breakfast.
One of the geordie lasses said to us, "ah this is a dead good place to stay" We laughed our heads off as she was being deadly serious.
Please no one stay here as they state the hotel is 15 mins away from the city centre and other key central locations, this is all a lie and if you walk to the inner city it's around a 30 min walk and by a dual carriage way.

Room Tip: Find somewhere in the city
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 29, 2012

Clean, good value for money, spacious rooms. Free parking, handy for City Centre, but what really made this place, was the flexible and friendly, accommodating staff and management, which unfortunately in the UK hospitality trade, can be very hard to find traits. It's not rocket science.

Well done, would return and recommend.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
County Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 20, 2012

I booked into this hotel with two friends due to the low price (students on a budget) and the offer of a triple room. I got a nice-sounding man on the phone when I rang to book, but I wish I'd checked TripAdvisor first!! Everything on here is true, when we arrived there was a very suspicious smell of smoke in the air (definitely not just tobacco) and the person who opened the door to us looked as if he were letting us into his home, totally unprofessional and slurring ever so slightly...I asked to pay by card and he said that the office was being painted, so all their things had "moved"...then referred me to the cash point at the petrol station down the road. To be fair the room we had was clean, not cold, and the beds were fairly comfortable, but that's about all that I can say that's good about this place, apart from the fact that he was flexible with the check out time (but mainly because he wanted to go out and we weren't ready to leave). Two out of the eight showers we had were warm - the rest were stone cold! We had booked here expecting breakfast in the morning but none was offered and we weren't about to hand around longer than we needed to! The area itself was a bit unwelcoming and the hotel was definitely scary - I think if I had arrived intending to stay on my own I would have turned straight back round and walked out! Not a nice place. I would not recommend this to anyone!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends