“Worst place to stay”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Leeds
Crescent Private Hotel
Ranked #24 of 27 Leeds B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 30, 2012

Me and a few mates went to Leeds for a weekend away. We searched for hotels near the inner city and found that staying on a saturday night would be very expensive. So we opted for the crescent. On their website it's really misleading and most of what they say is false and lies.
As we arrived there, miles away from the city centre we approached the door and rang the bell. A 25-30 year old bloke opened the door and was very dazed that we were at the door. It wasn't the best welcome at all. He told us that the rooms were basic and went on how we needed to pay there and then. As we were given our keys we walked past the toilets and bathroom which were in a right state and needed a serious clean. The wall outside my door had been previously kicked in and the owners of the hotel had tried to plaster over the damage but made it look so bad. The smell of the room was terrible, so to make it smell a little bit better I used my deodorant to mask the smell. In the room there was a single bed, a very wobbly cabinet and a sink which included a broken mirror and miles too low to the sink to see anything. The TV made a strange noise and was very loud. The room was dingy and poorly lit with very little sun light coming in from the window up top. And lastly the room was so cold that it made it unbearable to have a good nights sleep.
In the morning when we came back from clubbing, I went for a shower, only to find that the shower door was broken and the shower head kept falling from it's stand. I had to hold the shower head and wash myself that way. The loo paper ran out and the man from the day before had to go round the shops to buy more!!! Lastly the bathroom was damp and very dirty. As we went for Breakfast, as the website stated and the man on the phone stated, we arrived downstairs to the lounge only to find that their wasn't any breakfast and no refunds. It clearly states on the website that all guest receive a complementary Breakfast.
One of the geordie lasses said to us, "ah this is a dead good place to stay" We laughed our heads off as she was being deadly serious.
Please no one stay here as they state the hotel is 15 mins away from the city centre and other key central locations, this is all a lie and if you walk to the inner city it's around a 30 min walk and by a dual carriage way.

Room Tip: Find somewhere in the city
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed April 29, 2012

Clean, good value for money, spacious rooms. Free parking, handy for City Centre, but what really made this place, was the flexible and friendly, accommodating staff and management, which unfortunately in the UK hospitality trade, can be very hard to find traits. It's not rocket science.

Well done, would return and recommend.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed March 20, 2012

I booked into this hotel with two friends due to the low price (students on a budget) and the offer of a triple room. I got a nice-sounding man on the phone when I rang to book, but I wish I'd checked TripAdvisor first!! Everything on here is true, when we arrived there was a very suspicious smell of smoke in the air (definitely not just tobacco) and the person who opened the door to us looked as if he were letting us into his home, totally unprofessional and slurring ever so slightly...I asked to pay by card and he said that the office was being painted, so all their things had "moved"...then referred me to the cash point at the petrol station down the road. To be fair the room we had was clean, not cold, and the beds were fairly comfortable, but that's about all that I can say that's good about this place, apart from the fact that he was flexible with the check out time (but mainly because he wanted to go out and we weren't ready to leave). Two out of the eight showers we had were warm - the rest were stone cold! We had booked here expecting breakfast in the morning but none was offered and we weren't about to hand around longer than we needed to! The area itself was a bit unwelcoming and the hotel was definitely scary - I think if I had arrived intending to stay on my own I would have turned straight back round and walked out! Not a nice place. I would not recommend this to anyone!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank JJBW1990
Reviewed January 5, 2012

OMG!!, what a shock this place was, dirty, and nothing as described. no towels in the room so i asked for some and got given old stained and damp towels given. there was no complementary drinks as stated on their website.

breakfast ok but not as described, the owner or manager was smoking in the communal areas which was disgusting.

leeds council needs to re-visit this property and downgrade it to a hovel

Room Tip: to choose a good room book into a different hotel
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank manabouttown2
Reviewed December 4, 2011

This 'hotel' (how they dare call it that i will never know) is an absolute disgrace. I stayed there last night and we had no heating. The rooms I stayed in was big but was freezing! It was so cold we could see our breath! I found cigarette butts in the drawer and the shower head is disgusting! All the furniture is broken (drawer fronts hanging off etc) We werent offered any breakfast and none was served! The staff are unfriendly and not helpful. I only paid £40 for the night and wasn't expecting the Ritz but surely a clean warm room should be provided!! I will NEVER stay here again!

Room Tip: keep away from this GROT HOLE!!
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank buffsuze
Reviewed October 6, 2011

Stayed here for one night after finding it on the Internet. Wanted something cheap & cheerful and close to town. Worst mistake I've made in ages. Pictures on Internet looked ok so we booked. It was nothing liked they described, it was run down very dirty all over the b&b I didn't even want to stay when we got there but had no time to get anywhere else. The rooms had no tea and coffee as stated on Internet no hand soap & even the bedding looked filthy. I could go on forever it was that bad. It really annoys me how they can call it a "guesthouse" the staff were never around to help even when we left they were nowhere in sight!!! As for the landlord well he should be ashamed off that place. I wish I'd have read reviews as I wouldn't have even considered that b&b from HELL. I even think the people who work there go into people's rooms looking through there belongings whilst guests are out. Do NOT book this dreadful place. Book elsewhere!! Thanks for reading.

• Stayed: September 2011
5  Thank Cassieanddanny
Reviewed September 22, 2011

Stay here as was working at polestar, found the service to be a bit crap no friendlyness at all. rooms seemed ok to me, but have have stayed in worse and for more money. everything worked and again had ok wifi, brekfast was ok nowt to write home about bit i did pay the extra. maybe it was a tip i will never know.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business