“Simply the best !”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 14, 2014

We visited the restaurant to celebrate our wedding anniversary and boy were we glad that we chose The Foundry. My husband has eaten here before at lunch time and always sings it's praises. So he suggested that we went to the restaurant and had a night away in Leeds. The food was outstanding, in fact the best calves liver I have ever eaten. As it was the night before Valentine's Day they had a special Valentine starter which was fantastic. It had seared scallops, whitebait, perfect calamari, prawns and tasty salmon terrine. It was terrific. The wine list is very varied and the wine which we chose was very very well priced for the quality of the wine. The service is efficient and discreet. The atmosphere is just right. Not too stuffy and formal but not to informal either. It feels special. The owner of the restaurant is a lovely chap, he took time to speak with us and made us feel very welcome indeed. We rarely have desserts but we were glad that we took a "food rest" and managed to squeeze in what was a sweet end to a fantastic meal. I had Eton Mess with the recommended dessert wine. The Eton Mess was light and gorgeous with whole raspberries and the dessert wine accompanied it beautifully. My husband raved about the Brandy Snap which was choc full of cream and strawberries topped with mint leaves. We always make a point of celebrating our wedding anniversary somewhere special and The Foundry Wine Bar is up there with the best.

1  Thank Atilla-the-Hen

Reviewed January 28, 2014

We had read the reviews of restaurants in Leeds before settling on the Foundry for a night away and were not disappointed . From the moment we arrived the ambiance of this hidden gem set the scene for an excellent evening. We sat at the bar to have an apperateif and browsed the menu while we were furnished with olives and feta cheese and the best chorizo I have had in a long while served warm. The waiting team listened to what we liked and guided us through the menu and helped choose the perfect wine to accompany the meal. I had the poached egg and bacon salad hole my husband had the cream of artichoke soup and we shared the beef Florentine all of which was excellent. Upon leaving we spoke to the owner at length and he was genuinely interested in our experience and opinion of the whole evening which was nothing short of perfection. I would whole heartily recommend a visit to this hidden Leeds gem.

1  Thank Lisa B
Reviewed January 27, 2014

A great restaurant for a special occasion and very very good food. It is a small place and you do feel a little packed in and if you sit near the bar you do have the staff passing you all the time; but the service is attentive and quick. I can highly recommend the black pudding and bacon salad and I had food envy at my husbands spicked ham hock. A little disappointed there no Burns Night special but what we did have was not a disappointment.

1  Thank Beth2412
Reviewed January 6, 2014

I love this place, the food, atmosphere, service is all spot on! Have been several times and visited in December with some friends and they weren't disappointed! We all had the beef wellington and it was just incredible. Highly recommend this place, perfect with friends or for a romantic night out.

1  Thank pauladoody
Reviewed December 16, 2013

Had an excellent dinner at The Foundry on Saturday night. Great setting and atmosphere coupled with amazing food and recommended wines....the perfect night out for our small group of friends!

Cannot recommend this restaurant highly enough, it has all of the ingredients for a perfect night out!

1  Thank WayneLeeds_UK