“Faultless”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
“Faultless”
Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

Took my wife to the foundry for her 30th birthday. We have been dying to go back for sometime and very much enjoyed our evening. Lovely welcome at the bar, great seat to have a glass of champagne whilst browsing the menu. Enjoyed chorizo, feta and olives and made our choices. Great onion soup and seafood pancake with lobster sauce from the specials. My wife loved her game main course and I had a 10oz rib eye that was beutiful. Great wine and great service from all the staff. Great atmosphere and very reasonably priced. Cannot recommend highly enough and can't wait to return. A real treat!!

2 Thank Borodave1

Leeds, United Kingdom
“This is my new home!”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Honestly I would dine here every night if my wallet and waistline would allow. I've had two failed attempts to visit here ( had to change my plans at the last minute both times) so I have been looking forward to it for ages. Firstly the decor...it felt modern and intimate and cosy.Just what I like in a restaurant. Then the service....welcoming and friendly, didn't rush you but equally didn't keep you waiting. But of course what we are all interested in is the food. it was quite simply delicious. To my shame, I was a complete glutton and finished the lot even though I was full. We had steaks, beef Wellington and lamb shank for mains, with seafood pancakes , black pudding and bacon, and tattles and neeps for starters. Absolutely star dishes each and every one. Portions are very generous but not at the expense of quality. I thought it was excellent value for money too. I really can't fault it and I can't wait to go back again. If you are visiting Leeds I would urge you not to bother with the big names..look this place up ( it's not that far from the station) but save a table for me!

2 Thank claudieleeds
New Ross, Ireland
“Great location!”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Ate here with a number of business colleagues. Good atmosphere. Nice bar & good food. Varied menu. An enjoyable experience

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank PJBWexford_Ireland
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Lovely food and service, even accommodated a vegan!”
Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

I visited for a colleague's leaving do and forgot to warn the restaurant I am vegan. However they went out of their way to be helpful and the chef made me a delicious stir fry dish. Decor was nice and staff were efficient and friendly. I would recommend.

3 Thank Isabel K
Shropshire
“Lovely surroundings, delicious food, attentive and professional service”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

We visited Leeds for a weekend away, The Foundry was near our hotel and had good Trip Advisor reviews so we booked for Saturday night.

We sat at the bar when we arrived and were offered a complimentary glass of Prosecco - all good so far!

The restaurant is lovely inside - tasteful and interesting decor.

The food was delicious - tatties and neeps with a wee dram as a starter which was deeeelicious!

The wine was very good we had a Sauvignon Blanca and a divine flinty Chablis.

The waitresses were good and the lady manager was clearly very on the ball - the result was efficient but unobtrusive service.

All in all a very enjoyable night!

• Visited May 2013