“excellent, could not fault”
Review of 42 The Calls

42 The Calls
Ranked #45 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Reviewed January 26, 2011

just stayed for a night, wished longer, can not find anything negative, just positives, if you need to stay in leeds this has to be the one, breakfast awsome...........

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed January 10, 2011

My wife and I stayed at 42 The Calls between Christmas and New Year for one night and had a fantastic time. The architecture of the whole place - from the lobby through to the rooms, is unique and creates a great setting. The rooms were fantastic (they gave us a free upgrade to the Director's Suite!), really unique, stylish and comfortable, and breakfast was delicious. But it's the little things that really sets the place apart - like the privacy hatch so you can get room service without being disturbed, the fudge in the room & smarties left on your pillow, cafietiere in your room with fresh filter coffee, and fishing rods in your room! All in all, a faultless stay in a genuine boutique - one of the best hotels I've stayed in.

• Stayed: December 2010
Reviewed January 3, 2011

We have visited our son at the university several times and have stayed at many Leeds hotels. This was by far the most pleasurable experience. Shops and restaurants were within easy walking distance, and Granny and Grandpa loved being able to explore the waterside area away from the traffic and bustle - strolling to the Royal Armoury was their favourite. Staff were very helpful and courteous. The breakfast is legendary and I would happily return if only to sample the types of sausage I did not get around to. The decor is interesting with some lovely old gnarled wooden features - infinitely preferable to the standard hotel look-alike. We will happily return.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed December 6, 2010

Have just back from a lovely weekend at Leeds. Could not fault the Calls. From the moment we arrived to leaving the Girls on reception were so lovely and friendly. We were shown up to our room which was lovely with views onto the canal. The room has everything you need and i am sure if you did need anything they would go out of there way to get it for you. The beds were so comfortable had two wonderful nights sleep. It was quite no noise disturbance at all considering there is a large pub over the bridge. The breakfast was the best I've eaten. Every thing fresh and apparently home made, the fruit compot was to die for. Homemade jams and marmalade's of every description and home made sauces too. We normally stay in one of the larger hotels in Leeds but we have never received such attentive, polite, friendly service. We will return, Thank You everyone for making our stay so pleasurable.

• Stayed: December 2010
Reviewed November 7, 2010

I went to Leeds to visit my daughter who has just moved there. I arrived at the hotel early and my room was ready which I liked. I wasn't offered a drink on arrival though as previous comments suggested, and was left to find my room alone. It was a small quirky room with a really nice bathroom. The carpet had stains on it and would benefit a clean & there was a horrid cover on the bed which had seen better days. The windows had so much condensation on them that I couldn't see out of them. The bed was comfortable and the television was good but the remote needed new batteries.
Unfortunatly I didn't get much sleep due to my neighbours having what sounded like a party in their room for most of the night. Various toilet trips through the night & I could hear what they were doing...gross. Then I had a group of revellers in the hall at around 2am followed by the maids having a giggle outside my room at around 6.45am. It would help if the door didn't have a big gap under it maybe. I decided not to have breakfast in my room and I wasn't sure if there was anywhere else to go, in fact it is a shame they do not have a bar to sit in during the evening.
It is not a bad place to stay I think I was just unlucky.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed November 1, 2010

we stayed 3 nights. everything was perfect. the building has still his industrial architecture: in the room there are the old windows and two iron columns. but it is also very comfortable: the bed is very good for sleep, the selection of toiletterie was accurate, the service is careful and kind. the river flows beside the hotel and it creates a romantic ambience. you joinj the city center or the railwaystation in five minutes walking. next to the hotel there is his restaurant where we had two dinners and it was good.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed October 25, 2010

We stayed here for my husband's birthday, on a 'special offer' which included dinner. The value was amazing, and the standard of the hotel was too. The room we were in (a corner double) was lovely, and the whole hotel was extremely well-appointed. We didn't feel the standard of the food in the restaurant was fantastic, but it ws quite adequate, and breakfast the next day was great.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple