42 The Calls
Novotel Leeds Centre(Leeds)(Great Value!)
$108
$104
$112
$108
$105
$114
$104
  • Restaurant
Ibis Leeds Centre(Leeds)(Great Value!)
$56
$129
  • Restaurant
Park Plaza Leeds(Leeds)(Great Value!)
$100
  • Restaurant
Clayton Hotel Leeds(Leeds)(Great Value!)
$103
$88
$119
$100
$99
$96
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
All reviewsfudgecomplimentary glass of wineboutique hotelriver viewhonesty baron arrivalexposed beamsprivacy hatchconverted warehouseoriginal featuresthe penthousecity centrewhite company toiletriescorn exchangecorn milllovely hotelmini bar
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Apart frim teh parking - they don't have any and teh NCP was about £15 overnight! I enjoyed my stay in this hotel. Greeted by friendly staff, nice large room with a comfortable bed and a large bathroom. Decor is a little tired but overall it was a nice place to stay. TV remote was as complicated as I have come across - no idea where these have come from. Breakfast was really nice overlooking the canal, good service and really nice food served fast and hot.
Would definitely stay again unless they really are in administration.

Room Tip: I would ask for one over looking the canal purely for the outlook.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
MissHelenBradshaw, Operations Manager at 42 The Calls, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

Thank you for posting a review.

It was lovely to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to coming back.

We do not have our own car park at the hotel, but there is an alternative to the NCP parking which are the meter spaces on the same street as the hotel. These meter bays are currently free after 6pm until 8am and between the hours of 8am and 6pm you have a maximum of a two hour stay for around £5.00.

If you ever need assistance with anything within your room our team are always on hand to help.

We are currently in administration; however this is due to an external factor and not the day to day running of the hotel.

If you would like to discuss any of the above further please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed May 2, 2013

I have stayed here on and off for many years. When it first opened it was the only contemporary hotel in Leeds and was a beacon. However, over the years nothing within the product has really been updated. I'm sorry but not surprised to learn that they've now had to call in the administrators.

During this stay check-in was ordinary and my room no the first floor tired. The remote control of the incredibly complicated TV didn't work, the shaver point was defective, the head board wasn't attached to the bed and the room really needed re-decorating. However, I loved the bed itself and the mineral water was very welcome. I also like the honour bar concept downstairs. Breakfast was very average and the selection poor.

I did report my difficulties to the receptionist in the morning and she has offered me a free breakfast next time but with so many other options in Leeds now there probably won't be a next time as I'd be nervous about booking a hotel that's in administration in case it closes down altogether with my pre-paid room fee!

I'm afraid I can't recommend this hotel now.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank francophileonthemove

Thank you for your review.

Although you loved the bed and like the concept of our self service bar, I was concerned to read your comments regarding other areas.

We are currently in administration, however this is due to an external factor and it is business as usual.

Once we are out of administration, which will hopefully be in the near future, our hope is to continue the original refurbishment plan.

If you would like to discuss your concerns further with me then please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed May 2, 2013

we stayed for 1 night on a weekend break - hotel is gorgeous & the staff are really helpful, the stand out for me as well as the free glass of wine on arrival to help to settle into your room - nice touch !! & the free fudge & bottled water in your room was the option to make a fresh ground coffee not even the Hilton has that option & being a coffee addict it made my stay, we had a river facing room which we requested via e-mail beforehand & it was contemporary with classic touches cannot fault it, beds really comfy, lighting great. we had a couple next door who had the biggest row in the early hours & after ringing reception someone came up & spoke to them & peace was resumed, all in all I would recommend this hotel ....a gem of a place & would definately stay again

Room Tip: river rooms are a must
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
MissHelenBradshaw, Operations Manager at 42 The Calls, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Thank you for reviewing your stay at 42 The Calls.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your weekend break and that you appreciated all the services we offer.

The team and I look forward to your next visit to Leeds.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

When you drag in business hotels night after night from premier inn to Hilton, it is do refreshing to come somewhere that feels like a home. I always stay here when in Leeds.

Excellent.

If only I drank I would also drink the glass of wine they always offer on arrival.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Steve L

Thank you for your review.

It is nice to read that we make you feel like you are at home when you stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you 'home' soon and I am sure we can substitute the welcome wine for a soft drink if you prefer.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

Stayed here whilst on a business trip. This is in a great location and in the middle of two very good restaurants. Was greeted with the offer of a glass of wine which was very welcome after a long drive. The room was superb with great views overlooking the water. It was a quiet hotel. The breakfast was delicious with plenty of choice. Would like to return on another occasion. Would certainly recommend.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the water. This will have great views and will probably be quieter.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

It was lovely to read that after a long drive you enjoyed our welcome and a glass of wine.

If you are not in Leeds for business then we do have many leisure offers that we will be happy to inform you about.