“I wish my bedroom was like that”
Review of Quebecs

Quebecs
Ranked #8 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
South West
“I wish my bedroom was like that”
Reviewed April 2, 2010

Stayed for a night with my husband and was blown away by the plush luxury of our room - utterly fabulous in every possible way! Very comfortable bed.

Engaging, helpful staff and an 'honesty bar' - a true gem of a hotel in a fabulously central location.

Just note it has no free parking, which would be annoying if we'd stayed for more than one night.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (212)
Cheshire
Reviewed March 23, 2010

From the second I booked Quebecs i was looking forward to staying and i am more than happy to say it didn't disappoint.
The hotel staff were extremely helpful, friendly and attentive. They were more than happy to go the extra mile to help.
We stayed in room 301 or the chocolate suite and on entry to the room my girlfriends eyes filled up with joy. The room was delightful, a grand size with an excellent bathroom, bathrobes, slippers and the biggest most comfortable bed i have ever stayed in.
I am well travelled to say the least and have never stayed less than a 4 *, not that I am a snob I just believe that if you are going to do something you may as well do it properly and Quebecs was a proper chic Hotel. I highly recommend this place.
It is so close to the local places to eat and see it is untrue yet it is out of the way enough to be quiet. When i go back to Leeds I would look no where else.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank hommediablo
Cheshire
Reviewed February 23, 2010

Booked Quebecs for a good price for a weekend away with my girlfriend last August to celebrate our anniversary. Staff were pleasant although we didn't really come into contact with them too often, room although the smallest of the lot (Visible from the fire escape map) was modern and clean and the location is fantastic slap bang in the middle of Leeds near the train station and shops/bars. Also the honesty bar is a nice touch but people were sat around not saying much to each other so didn't feel as sociable as a normal service bar. Would definitely stay again

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Preston
Reviewed February 10, 2010

we booked direct with the hotel on a B&B rate and got it cheaper this way. I requested a romantic room and we got upgraded from an executive room to a suite. The room was massive, with a sofa and we were greeted by the radio playing classic fm. We felt like we were in a manor house! The bathroom was very large and the towels were enormous. The bath was big enough for two as well!
There was no parking available at the hotel and it may have been our sat nav but finding the muli storey car park was a bit stressful. Its so near the train station i would defo get the train next time!
The breakfast room was a little disappointing after the rest of the hotel being so grand, but the staff were really friendly, the tea and coffee was really good, as was the breakfast.
It is city centre location, so really handy for all the restaurants and bars, but also a bit loud when people were walking home at 3am.
We would definitely stay again, my only real complaint was the air conditioning as it was either very hot or cold, but again, that may have been our operation!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
uk
Reviewed January 18, 2010

Although we have stayed at the sister hotel, 42 The Calls, several times we thought we would try this for a change. The location is excellent but parking is limited so we took the train. Reception staff were pleasant and room was spacious and of a good standard. Our room faced the road but the soundproofing was good and we couldn't hear anything.

Breakfast was served upstairs in the restaurant and was ok. I can't remember what I paid but it was not too expensive for our two night stay. I would go back again.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Yorkshire
Reviewed January 5, 2010

I had previously stayed at Quebecs in April and thoroughly enjoyed my stay. I returned with my boyfriend for his birthday in November. When we arrived we were advised that we had been upgraded. As I had booked a deluxe room, via the hotel, I was quite excited. However, the room was still a deluxe room as it was the same as the one I had booked in April. The only difference was a patio area outside (not much use in cold, wet November, and I believe made the room draughty) and a bigger bathroom. Unfortunately the bigger bathroom turned out to contain a radiator that didn't work. The toiletries were also not designer ones, and there was a bathrobe missing. When we mentioned the radiator we were informed it would be attended to - no one arrived. This meant the bathroom was very cold and the bedroom uncomfortably chilly. I complained when I checked out of the hotel, completed their questionnaire that they routinely send and sent an email a week or so later, but never had a response. The breakfast was also over--priced and reception staff not very friendly. After my initial stay I had raved about the hotel and recommended it to my friends; now I wouldn't bother.

Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Citybreaker45
London
Reviewed November 22, 2009

Quebecs is not cheap, £85 for a double room excluding breakfast, and it has all the trappings of luxury, but what lets it down is the basics. The bed was so bowed in the middle you had to hold on to the edge to stop you rolling down the hill. Also, on taking the room we discovered that the reading light above the bed was not working and we asked at reception for it to replaced - two days later, when we left, it still had not been replaced. The hotel does not provide face flannels - some do, some don't, I am aware of this and took my own. It was taken out with the laundy on the first morning and never brought back. I complained when we left and have sent an e-mail to the hotel - it's been ignored so far.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple