“Disappointing return”
Review of Quebecs

Quebecs
Ranked #8 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Reviewed January 5, 2010

I had previously stayed at Quebecs in April and thoroughly enjoyed my stay. I returned with my boyfriend for his birthday in November. When we arrived we were advised that we had been upgraded. As I had booked a deluxe room, via the hotel, I was quite excited. However, the room was still a deluxe room as it was the same as the one I had booked in April. The only difference was a patio area outside (not much use in cold, wet November, and I believe made the room draughty) and a bigger bathroom. Unfortunately the bigger bathroom turned out to contain a radiator that didn't work. The toiletries were also not designer ones, and there was a bathrobe missing. When we mentioned the radiator we were informed it would be attended to - no one arrived. This meant the bathroom was very cold and the bedroom uncomfortably chilly. I complained when I checked out of the hotel, completed their questionnaire that they routinely send and sent an email a week or so later, but never had a response. The breakfast was also over--priced and reception staff not very friendly. After my initial stay I had raved about the hotel and recommended it to my friends; now I wouldn't bother.

Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Citybreaker45

Reviewed November 22, 2009

Quebecs is not cheap, £85 for a double room excluding breakfast, and it has all the trappings of luxury, but what lets it down is the basics. The bed was so bowed in the middle you had to hold on to the edge to stop you rolling down the hill. Also, on taking the room we discovered that the reading light above the bed was not working and we asked at reception for it to replaced - two days later, when we left, it still had not been replaced. The hotel does not provide face flannels - some do, some don't, I am aware of this and took my own. It was taken out with the laundy on the first morning and never brought back. I complained when we left and have sent an e-mail to the hotel - it's been ignored so far.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank harveyharvey
Reviewed November 17, 2009

we had one saturday night here and really enjoyed the fairly luxurious room, and the hotel. It was centrally located and the breakfast was very tasty.
Our room was quiet, despite being by reception and although we had no toileteries in the bathroom when we arrived these were brought right up once we rang reception. Parking here is really easy when arriving on a saturday afternoon and Sunday in park place, 2 minutes walk from the hotel.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 10, 2009

We stayed here to do a bit of shopping in leeds and go out inthe evening clubbin. I lived in leeds a few years ago so am in a good position to say this hotel is in a great location. Its literally 2min walk from train station if u come by train. There was a few parkin places at the hotel which was quite pricey at £12 a night, but we did get one and glad we did as i know how tough it can be to get parkin in leeds centre from livin there! So look into this b4 you go!
The hotel is very very cosy... the entrance and the sweepin staircase is gorgeous! The room was very nice altho could have done with a bit of maintenance on the woodwork in the room as was bit shabby. It had everythin it shud have except slippers... but i asked for mine (as id not brought any) and they had them in my room asap. It states you get a free newspaper but when looked at our bill they chared us £2 for a £1 paper.. so even charged us for gettin it which i found annoyin as we paid £85 for the room and another £12 for parking... bit cheeky on their behalf. The drinks in the mini bar and at the hotel bar were silly silly prices!!!! It is within walkin distance to everywhere... no need for taxis so worth payin that extra bit more to stay here! You can shop, eat out and go clubbin from here...
The hotel staff were also very friendly! The bed was also very very very comfy!!!!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 6, 2009

the hotel is a beauiful building, the room we had was a suite, but sorry to say we were dissapointed, in the bathroom the shower leaked that bad, you needed to put all the towels on the floor to soak up the water, the room had a wooden floor which was really noisey, even with no shoes on if you walked on it in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom you would have woken your partner up.we payed £160.00 per night and stayed 2 nights, there wasnt even a biscuit to have with your coffee, This hotel needs to up its game if it wants to be classed as luxury, if we had payed for a bugdet hotel i might not have been so dissapointed, this price didnt include breakfast.and we had to pay to use the internet, which in most hotels is free.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 5, 2009

Booked this via laterooms for £95 on a sat night, hotel great location, staff were excellent, brought things to room straight away if requested.
Extremely clean and large room, worth every penny.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 2, 2009

fantastic stay - staff were brilliant from reservation to check out.
beautiful surroundings - very elegant with a lot of orig features.
would recommend to anyone - 1st class!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple