“Ideal hotel for leeds city centre”
Review of Quebecs

Quebecs
Ranked #6 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Reviewed August 15, 2014

Fantastic location, just off city square and more or less opposite the train station. Staff friendly and helpful, checked in very early on the day so room wasn't ready. However, when we did eventually return to the hotel our cases had been placed in our room. Room was clean, with great bathroom amenities and a huge comfy bed. Free Wi-Fi too. Would defiantly stay here again when visiting leeds.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JPloves2travel
Write a ReviewReviews (1,143)

Reviewed August 13, 2014 via mobile

The hotel was beautiful and very clean. Lots of character to the room and high quality tea, coffee etc. We had breakfast the next day but waited an hour for it from ordering. Not one member of staff seemed very bothered by our complaints. Although location and the hotel was perfect. I would not return because of this. Its a shame really but for what you pay I have received and now expect better.

Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JB4JB
Reviewed August 12, 2014

Delightful boutique hotel in Leeds centre with very helpful staff ( porter greeted us in the rain to direct to small car park and take luggage) . No restaurant but convenient to many restaurants in the vicinity including one in the basement of the building!
Only minor glitch the wifi was not at all consistent and despite much effort by the staff nothing seemed to improve this.
Will stay again and hope wifi is sorted!

Room Tip: All rooms will be good.
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed August 10, 2014

Me and my husband stayed here for one night whilst visiting our daughter. The hotel is in an excellent location very close to Leeds railway station. The hotel foyer and bar area has lots of character and charm. We stayed in a double club room which was very comfortable and clean. The bathroom was huge with an excellent shower. I do agree about the sloping ceilings ! If I had to just say a negative was the lack of parking. The hotel states it provides parking but they omit to tell you that they only have 8 parking spaces. We had to park in the car park at Leeds railway station which costs us £10. We would stay here again though.

Room Tip: A room at the back of the hotel would be quiter
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 4, 2014

I visited here with my partner for a night away. The hotel was nice quality and great location for the city centre. The room was just very small. It had a sloping ceiling and being 6ft I felt the room was very small and having to duck to walk down one side of the bed Isnt ideal. I feel they have just tried to get to many rooms in the hotel. There was one small window in the corner that was very hard to open so also felt a little confined. There was also a lot of noise from what I believe was the aircon units and also a lot of noise coming from the road. The only good part about the rooms was the bathrooms they were nice and modern. We didn't eat at the hotel so I couldn't comment about the food. But if I was to go back to leeds I would defiantly try a different hotel.

Room Tip: Make sure you don't get a room on the front as the noise from the road was quite irritating. Or...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Matthew W
Reviewed July 28, 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Quebec hotel overnight on Saturday. We'd travelled to Leeds by train and the hotel is less than 5 minutes from the station and only 5 minutes from the main shopping areas.

We arrived very early and were able to leave our suitcases with them. When we got back to the room later in the afternoon we found that as well as our suitcases some other bags had been left. The staff were very apologetic so not a problem. The cleaners had forgotten to refill the tea and milk but again all was sorted very quickly.

The room was really lovely, very big and sumptuous. We'd asked for a quiet room and were given room 102. It was definitely a quiet room from within the hotel. The only down side was that the big bins were located outside the room and they got emptied at 5.00am on Sunday morning!

However we wouldn't let this put us off using this hotel again. The staff were very friendly and the location was great.

Room Tip: Room 102 was lovely BUT you do have the issue of the bins outside being filled and unfilled. So mayb...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 27, 2014

I fell in love with this hotel from the moment I walked in. We arrived early and were told we couldn't check in until 3pm, when I explained that I was here for my nieces graduation and did they have somewhere where we could freshen up and change they let us check in. My room was on the ground floor right next to the hotel reception and I couldn't fault it. The bed was like sleeping on a cloud heavenly. There was everything you would need in the room and yes some of the furniture was a but worn but this added to the character. I did have breakfast so cannot comment on the food.
My only negative is when you check they ask for a card payment for the cost of the room but then they tell you they need to charge an extra £50 per room just in case you had something from the mini bar or food and drinks. It would have been nice to know this before we arrived as the other person I was with did haven't the money to pay for this and so that came down to me.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family