“Great Overnight Stay”
Review of Quebecs

Quebecs
Ranked #8 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Reviewed May 5, 2014 via mobile

Upon arrivial we were kindly upgraded to the a suite which was a kind gesture to start our weekend. Very central location, close to train station, shopping, restaurants and bars. Staff were very helpful and it was spotless. Would recommend to anyone looking for an overnight stay in Leeds.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank jamie-yorkshire

Reviewed May 3, 2014

I spent two nights here recently while in Leeds for a conference. The building, the old Liberal Club, is handsome and spacious, only a 5 minute walk from the station. The two women at the reception desk were excellent - efficient, friendly, helpful and informative. They explained about the owls (symbol of the city) that can be seen on buildings all over the city, and produced a leaflet and map - perfect for exploring. My room on the fifth floor was described as a small double, but was roomy and comfortable, with the bathroom (with l'Occitane toiletries) off a little connecting lobby. Everything was clean and comfortable, the decor was attractive, and the plate of apples on a side table was a nice extra touch. Head room was a little restricted on one side and might have bothered a tall person, so best to check your room details when booking. The room was exceptionally warm and I kept the window open, which felt wasteful. Overall, it was a lovely place and if I were ever to visit Leeds again, I would definitely stay here.

Room Tip: Rooms on the street side are a little noisy if you have your window open, but didn't stop me fro...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Venusjupiter
Reviewed May 1, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for our Wedding anniversary and what a treat it was!
We stayed in the Balcony Suite and for us it was just perfection. The room itself is spacious, the bed was the comfiest we have ever slept in and the bathroom was huge! With a double 'his and hers' sinks, a power shower and complimentary L'Occitane toiletries, there is everything you need.
The service we received whilst staying at the hotel was second to none, nothing was too much trouble and everyone made us feel special and congratulated us on our special occasion. My husband ordered a bottle of champagne and asked for something special for our room. When we entered our bed was covered in rose petals and the champagne had been left on ice for us with a simple 'happy anniversay' message-but touches like this are always appreciated.
Breakfast was good and served to our table in a very pleasant room.
On checking out we were told we could leave our car that was parked at the hotel in the car park whilst we continued our shopping trip around Leeds.
I would without a doubt stay at this fabulous hotel again and certainly recommend it to anyone wanting a special night or weekend away.
Many Thanks to all that made our weekend so special :)

1  Thank samantha g
Reviewed April 27, 2014

I have stayed at Quebecs several times over the past 10 years and it remains my favourite hotel in Leeds. Well located in the city centre, and at the weekends you can park in the railway station car park for just £5. The hotel has great feature rooms, with a superb mini bar and really comfy beds. Everything about the place has a touch of quality.

The staff are friendly and provide good service.

The breakfast was well presented and everything was really fresh.

Thank you Quebecs team - we had a great stay.

1  Thank Don S
Reviewed April 22, 2014

My Partner and i stayed at Quebecs over bank holiday and Easter, upon arriving we called the hotel who directed us to their car park situated right next to the hotel, it only has seven spaces so its first come first served it was a very tight squeeze but still done the job. The hotel is having a bit of a refurb outside so the whole building was covered in scaffolding (we drove past it twice) this was not mentioned to us when booking, but didn't bother us too much. The hotel inside is very pretty really nice high ceilings and the most beautiful stained glass windows, we stayed in a deluxe room it was a ok size and the bed was super comfy, it had a huge bath tub, down side was the noise from the road is really loud at night but then again it is a city center hotel, the floor boards where pretty noisy we could hear the people above us walking etc but again its a listed building so expect creaking! We didn't eat breakfast at the hotel but we did get some room service - they mixed up our order and brought the wrong food although this was corrected and the manager kindly gave us discount upon check out, the staff here are so nice nothing is too much trouble, there was a really nice guy who gave us directions to a steak and cocktail bar although i did not catch his name, and the manager upon check out was so nice she even let us leave the car at the hotel after check out while we did a bit of shopping. The location is great walking distance to everything i would stay here again but maybe ask for a room near the back of the hotel to avoid noise of the road.

Room Tip: ask for a room on the top floor near the back
3  Thank Kayleigh H
Reviewed April 17, 2014 via mobile

My partner & I visited this hotel whilst in Leeds for the weekend attending an Elbow gig, Quebecs is a beautiful Grade II listed Victorian hotel in a bustling City Centre location. The entrance to the hotel is very impressive and once inside beautiful and intricate stained glass windows lead you all the way up a rather grand staircase in order to access all rooms. We booked a deluxe room and we were not disappointed! Our room had some beautiful period features and wonderfully high ceilings, a luxuriously large (and very comfortable) bed, and little touches like honeycomb robes, slippers and complimentary L'Occitane toiletries (my favourite) were appreciated. I would say that although on the whole we were very impressed with our room, which was beautiful and very spacious, it was looking ever so slightly worn in places, although this would only be noticeable upon a much closer inspection, overall we were very happy.
Check-in at the hotel was quick and easy and the gentleman we dealt with was very warm, welcoming and professional.
Unfortunately, when we returned back to the hotel later in the evening, we struggled to get off to sleep because of the noise from what sounded industrial sized extractor fans on the building adjacent to our room. This kept us awake for some time before I went to reception to report the issue and requested we switch rooms for fear of being kept up all night- the lady I spoke to came to our room to investigate and said she couldn't hear anything- which was quite baffling and clearly untrue as the noise was rather loud and intrusive... She reluctantly offered us another room, and I don't think this situation was dealt with in the best way, but we were upgraded to a Suite- which was much quieter!
I would stay here again if in the City Centre, Quebecs is a really beautiful hotel, and breakfast was really yummy, although probably not worth the price paid, in my opinion, and I can't imagine why they are 'famous across the country' as stated on their website- breakfast was delicious but no nicer than I have had at any other 4 star hotel, nothing out of the ordinary, I would rate this stay a 4 out of 5, overall, a pleasant stay.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank RFox1
Reviewed April 14, 2014

Before setting off from Northumberland down to Leeds I rang the Quebecs to enquire about car parking, I was told to ring 10 minutes from the hotel to see if a space was available due to limited parking. Not a problem. On arrival however I was informed by the same gentleman on reception that no spaces were available due to scaffolding being erected in the car park. Again no problem. However on our return to the hotel later that afternoon, the scaffolding was now 3 floors up at the hotel front and the noise could be heard streets away, and yes the room we booked was in the firing line. At no point had this been pointed out to us until the very last moment for checking in. Hardly fantastic customer service. We asked for a change of room to the back of the hotel which was arranged, along with a free upgrade. All hunky dory again or so we thought. Whilst the bed and bathroom were very clean, the carpet was so dirty and stained it was unpleasant to walk on, the curtains were stained and dirty also. The nets were either too big or too small and were dirty also. Room 402 was an upgrade so I have no idea what to have expected from the original room. On checking out we were asked if we had enjoyed our stay, we mentioned the fact that our sleep had been disturbed at 5.50am by someone emptying five large bottle bins in the courtyard below. When she said 'oh, okay then enjoy your day', I knew it was pointless even to mention the dirty room. We will never stay in the Quebecs again and cannot in any sense of the word recommend it to anyone. 2/10 at best, a beautiful staircase and stained glass window does not cut it when let down so badly. We did not pay to sleep on a staircase after all but an executive room. I do think the word 'executive' should be looked up in the dictionary to get a true meaning as 'executive' at the Quebecs meant shabby and dirty. S and P Northumberland

4  Thank narcol