“very good”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Leeds, United Kingdom
“very good”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

We were undecided where we wanted to dine and came across this by chance. Customer service was excellent and our starter lamb chops, and nawabi kebab was very succulent and tasty. poppadum's were very crispy and fresh. Overall it was much better than some of the other restaurants like mumtaz and Akbar's. The only negative thing is that the nan wasn't tasty.

• Visited June 2013

“happy accident”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

We were on our way to another restaurant but we hadn’t booked. When we arrived the restaurant was packed. We decided to try Hassan’s nearby as we had walked passed it numerous times and always thought it looked very nice. I’m really glad we did.
The food is delicious, the decor is modern and excellently finished (love the indoor waterfalls) and the service is polite and professional.
We paid just under £45 for two starters, two mains and 5 drinks. We were quite surprised at how low the prices were considering the high standard of food and service. Great value for money.
The only drawbacks are that most of the staff seemed very quiet, (but not rude) except the first waiter who took our order was confident, knowledgeable and friendly, and I found the restaurant a little cold towards the end of the meal as it got colder outside.
But we will definitely make this restaurant a regular addition to our dining list.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Hlhlaffey
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Good for the price. Though I expected more .”
Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

after reading the reviews I did expect something pretty impressive. Chicken tasted like the machine made / cubed variety. fish pakora was ok but had that kind of soggyness to it a bit , not all crispy as I would think it's suppose to be , too much liquid in the fish maybe as it was frozen ? I don't know just how it seemed. overall ok , service very good and price reasonable, just didn't live up to reviews.

• Visited May 2013
leeds
“The best in leeds bar none”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

We have been to Hasans about 20 times now and can honestly say that every time, the food has been spot on. We usually find that given time most restaurants lose that subtle touch, not Hasans. They always make you feel welcome and the food and service is excellent so take a tip from me and give it a try.

2 Thank tragus43
Leeds
“Repeat Visitor!”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

My partner and I first popped in on a whim as Hasan's was available to visit using our Hi Life card. Thank goodness we gave it a try! This was nearly 3 years ago and we visit every couple of weeks or so, sometimes just to pick up a take out.
There are so many Indian Restaurants to choose from in Leeds and some are a total waste of money and leave you with a bad taste in your mouth (I'm talking about you, East's at Horsforth & Pudsey).
The food at Hasan's is always delicious, the menu is concise and every dish we have tried is well flavoured and distinctive. We always start with a pickle tray, which is much tastier than most pickle trays you can get. A particular favourite of mine is the lamb chop starter (THE BEST I have had. I always order a lamb chop starter at Indian restaurants so have a wide selection to judge from).
I could go on but my review will be too long. All in all, the starters, curries, side dishes and sundries are great. Give it a try, you won't be disappointed.
The service is very warm, without being invasive or impeding on your evening. Everyone is always very chilled and friendly.
My only suggestion is that it would be nice to see some new specials on the menu?

• Visited January 2013