“pricey”

Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 25, 2013

visited here 22nd june. . ordered two starters two mains (burger £12, steak £23) and bottle house type wine and pint of larger £66. you are given bread and oil/ vinegar dip free of charge (think this must be to fill you up as main courses are on the small side). The atmosphere is good and spacious and nice bright smart room . The bar was buzzing, as you can just visit for a drink only. Service was not speedy, but there are a fair few staff on and all seemed busy. I probably would visit again in next year or two, as found it to be a bit too pricey for the quality that we got.

1  Thank carmelmaryl

Reviewed June 11, 2013

We visited on Saturday night. We had a table booked. Service at the bar was prompt, waitress service was god with the food. The food was ok, bit bland. Presented well and cost £100 for four of starters and mains so not too bad!

Would we go back, yes but not immediately.

Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

We visited on a saturday night. The pub was fairly busy but easy to get served at the bar. The service was fine.
Most of the food was ok. Our party had the fish and chips and burger both of which looked fine. I had peri peri chicken and it was terrible. The chicken was dry the peri sauce was slapped on the top no flavor or spice to it. The slaw was shredded veg. At nearly £14 I was pretty mad about the quality. I have had nicer peri chicken in a weatherspoons for half the price. I won't be visiting again. I can go to a nice restaurant, with quality ingredients and good food for the prices they are charging. The deer park is a pub trying to be something its not. Such a shame because I used to love this pub.

2  Thank kmb76
Reviewed May 31, 2013

I took some antipodean relatives to the DP as a special treat and left feeling embarrassed and a good deal poorer. In between the long intervals of waiting for service we were attended to on a sporadic basis with at no time feeling that our custom was valued and that we were being looked after. Having just spent 3 weeks reviewing 8 hotels and restaurants in California - the service, cost,quality of food and portion size in ther DP suffered hugely by comparison. Even the IHOP, Johnny Rocket and Ruby's fast restaurants in the US were streets ahead on all these points. Our food despite being glitteringly described on the plushly presented menus was lacklustre and meagre in portion -plain mean in one or two cases (there were 10 of us) - one example being only 4 small parcels of pasta as a main course. My lemon sole was like a soggy lukewarm rag draped across some new potatoes- -at just under 20 quid -who are they kidding? A lot of folk by the look of the other reviews. My guests commented that at least the company was good and that the meal was at best disappointing. Like them I was happy to pay a bit more for quality and a reasonable quantity served with attention to our needs. Sadly none of this happened - the menu was way out of sync with what was served up. Never again.

4  Thank fodenman48
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Had a delightful lunch at the Deer Park. Very varied menu and an excellent fixed price offer. The food was of the highest quality and the staff were wonderful and very friendly. Will go again.