“Absolutely Excellent”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Leeds
“Absolutely Excellent”
Reviewed April 26, 2012

I went to ARYA restaurant and the place looked amazing. It was exceptional. I was very pleased at the staff and were sure that my friends were too. We each ordered a makhsoos and chose to all have a bottle of water beside our meal. The food was absolutely gorgeous, the best taste I ever experienced in my whole entire life. My friends were also satisfied at the food and so we decided to visit there again soon. The price was cheap and effective to meet with our needs which was also good.

• Visited April 2012

Wetherby, United Kingdom
“Loved the food/Hated the atmosphere.”
Reviewed April 15, 2012

Amazingly sweet/sour Ghomeh Sabzi and obligatory char-grilled Chicken with saffron and white rice, garnish of olives.

Upon entering the establishment, first time since change of name, I was assaulted by a vulgar pulsing pounding music and a dark obsidian 70's decor.

I was their first guest at 3pm. I had to ask the absent minded waitress to turn down the voluminous, and bombastic, music down to no.3 from no.11

Food was excellent, but beware you are 'overlooked' if you appear to be white, anglo-saxon stock.

• Visited March 2012
“Ok but I preferred efes mangal that was there before”
Reviewed April 2, 2012

Still ok but you get charged for bread now. The side salads used to be great here but Are virtually non existent now. Also there used to be a dip with the bread that was amazing. Still reasonable value and byo. Also I would prefer the chef wash his hands after blowing his nose. Not sure if it's the same people behind this place that had efes mangal but wouldn't rush back. Got a stew this time for a change. 7.50 but not much lamb or split peas. Mostly liquid which was a bit disappointing

Leeds, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Food - You won't leave Hungry!”
Reviewed March 22, 2012

Used to frequent Arya when it was still "Efe's Mangal" and it was always extremely tasty so thought I'd give it another go.

First thing that struck me when I walked through the door was that they'd gotten rid of the full size charcoal grill, which is a great shame. Service was as quick and cheerful as ever, but it's a shame you can't watch them cooking your food on the grill anymore as the new, smaller, grill is against the wall so they have their back to you whilst cooking.

Otherwise, the food was exactly as remembered - exceptional. Portion sizes are prodigious to say the least. You won't leave hungry!

To start we had a Paneer (Halloumi cheese with Pepperoni served with bread and salad) to share.
For main we shared a "Persian Mix" (a variety of skewered meat served with salad, bread and/or rice).

Again, all the food was phenominal, and the entire bill came to less than £30 for 2 people, including drinks (non-alcoholic). Highly recommended.

A quick word of advice - the restauarant is unlicensed, but will quite happily allow you use of their glasses if you want to bring your own alcohol (there is also a licensed newsagent next door).

• Visited December 2011
Leeds, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“best food experience”
Reviewed March 4, 2012

I have tried the Persian food at Arya few times. it the most enjoyable experience ever. I liked the food and courtesy of its sttaf.

• Visited February 2012