“'Little gem'”

My Thai at the Old Steps
Ranked #73 of 1,829 Restaurants in Leeds
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: Thai food cooked fast and fresh a menu of almost 100 choices and special foodie dishes too including all the old favourites too. 26 York Place Leeds 0113 245 0482
Leeds
“'Little gem'”
Reviewed January 14, 2014

My wife and I visited The Old Steps last night on what was a cold and damp Monday evening. However, what a warm welcome we encountered at this lovely little restaurant in the commercial area of town. The place was suprisingly busy, with every table occupied and a nice warm feel to the place. The service and food were also very good, allowing us just enough to settle at our table before our orders were taken and each course being delivered prompty by the friendly waitress or bar Manager. Overall a very good night out at The Old Steps

• Visited January 2014

• Korean first
Bradford, United Kingdom
“Steak for two”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

This is another place we have visited on a Groupon voucher (gift).The place wasnt all that busy when we arrived (we arrived at the time we wanted) i don't understand why we were given a later slot ?.We bought a drink at the bar and found a spare table quite easily,the table layout is very tight which is ok but a bit too tight for me.
We both had the spicy prawn crostini which was fantastic and our mains were steak with all the trimmings which was done to our taste.
There was only one staff on doing the bar,seving,clearing up,she was very helpfull and very good at her job,nothing was to much trouble.

• Visited January 2014
424jimc, Owner at My Thai at the Old Steps, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Thanks for taking the trouble to post a review and I'm pleased you were happy with your experience. Sitting is a bit tight, we are especially busy at the moment and due to our small size it can sometimes get a bit cramped, regretfully there is not a lot we can do about that as there is no room for expansion. Hope you will call back and see us sometime, lunchtimes are a completely different menu.
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Appalling Customer Service”
Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

Booked a groupon voucher and table online for this "restaurant" on arrival we were told that we did not have a reservation despite receiving email confirmation!

The bar staff and chef were both very rude and made no attempt to reconcile the situation and we were told there was nothing they could do!

So having spent 1.5 hours round trip to get there, paid for parking we left hungry and disappointed!

The "restaurant" itself was very shabby and dirty

2 Thank emaloulou
Wow - we did upset you! I can understand that not being able to eat must have been very annoying and I wish I could work out what happened to your booking . The Groupon deal has been running for nearly 4 months and over 1000 were sold, regretfully the voucher runs out at the end of next week and 300 people had left it to the last minute to book tables. We are a small independent business with only limited space and therefore pre booking is essential to avoid disappointment. We also ask for at least 24 hours notice as the booking system is only checked twice a day . Your booking came in at 6.35 on Monday just after we had checked the system. and therefore was not noticed until the following day You would have got a automatic acknowledgment of your booking request but I could find no confirmation back to you from us, even thought I appreciate no system is infallible. The vast majority of our customers go away very happy, regretfully in your case somehow, we got it wrong for which I'm very sorry.
Leeds, UK
“Great little place”
Reviewed December 16, 2013 via mobile

To be honest we went to the old steps as my dad had a groupon offer for steak dinners. But we will be back again! Amazingly tender sreak- I am not a huge fan, but if they all tasted like this, I would be a convert! Pudding was ok, but the atmosphere made it a fab little spot. When I say little, I mean it; less than 10 tables! Would definitely go back.

1 Thank ally_walk
“They have very clean potatoes”
Reviewed December 14, 2013

Excellent night - the food was truly delicious; good portions, good value, the most fantastic staff. Thank you so much guys

• Visited December 2013