“A very long wait for food”

Around The World Bar
Ranked #319 of 1,838 Restaurants in Leeds
Cuisines: Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Reservations
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“A very long wait for food”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

We went into this bar as we were handed a flyer nearby. More flyers were being handed out outside which entitled people to a 50% discount on their food bill.

When we arrived, it was fairly busy and it took a while to get served at the bar. We ordered food, which finally arrived after several reminders, more than an hour after it was ordered. Diners after us were being told of a 40 minute delay up front and a considerable amount of menu items were unavailable. The food was below average and certainly not worth the wait.

Why have people giving out flyers if you have neither the staff or the food to cope?

• Visited June 2013

Blackpool, United Kingdom
“Complete total and utter rip off!”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

My husband and I visited here and decided to have a meal and enjoy some 2 41 cocktails. The bartender was very efficient asking if we wanted more cocktails. Due to them being on offer we drank a total of 6 cocktails with our meal! However, when we had to pay the bill there was no discount for the cocktails!!!!! I asked about the offer and he replied that the offer was till 8 o clock and because we paid the bill a little after 8 he could no longer honour the offer despite the fact that we had been drinking them since 7!!!!!! He added that he hed 'forgotten' to mention this to us despite the fact that there were only 4 customers there at the time. I will never visit this establishment again. WARNING!!! Double check all offers there - sly, deviant and very underhand!!!!

Visited April 2013
Leeds, United Kingdom
“A real bargain!”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Met my friend for a quick lunch on a wet and windy Monday and was on a tight budget. We really struck lucky as on Mondays food is half price. I got a really substantial and tasty Yorkshire beef burger, with cheese, chips and coleslaw for about £3 and the portions were very substantial and my friend had fish and chips which again was a decent portion.

The staff were helpful and friendly and when I asked how much a bottle of Rose was, I was advised of the price (just short of £10) but if signed up for a Privilege Card, I would get the Rose for (I think) £7.30 plus desserts were 2 for 1 with the card and you get bottomless soft drinks (coke, lemonade etc) from Monday to Friday from 12 noon to 8pm- what a deal! This Privilege Card is free, you just have to give your contact details!

The venue itself is large, airey and modern with comfortable seating areas and a nice atmosphere for a lunch time meal.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank KJAVW
London, United Kingdom
“Great curries”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

We enjoyed a night out in Leeds and the highlight was definitely the variety of curries we enjoyed at this restaurant. The services was efficient and friendly. We helped ourselves to the various curries dishes and also had a go at the grill area. The food was mouth watering. The prices were very good for the level of quality you get!

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank F J
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“The Park Row Bar and Brasserie”
Reviewed March 22, 2012

Would recommend this Bar and Brasserie. After trying numerous places to just get a bowl of plain soup, nothing with spices and fancy, came accross this place. Had a wonderful homemade Leek and Potato soup, the staff were very helpful and kind. The food was excellent, the service was very good. Good Value for money. Not everyone can eat spices, peppers etc, and it was very difficult to find somewhere that actually catered for my diatery needs.

Visited March 2012