“This place won't stay open much longer”
Review of Palace Chine - CLOSED

Palace Chine
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Buffet
Description: The place is in Cardigan Field Leisure Complex, Next door to the Virgin Active.
leeds
“This place won't stay open much longer”
Reviewed December 19, 2013

I have not been to this restaurant for a couple of years. Unfortunately it has deteriorated even further than when I was last there. I went for lunch with my dad and daughter. We wanted something different with the run up to Christmas. Initially we thought it was closed as there appeared to be no other customers but there were 5 people at the far end of the restaurant as it was cold at the front where the buffet is!!!
The food was warm not hot. The choice was average for a lunch time buffet One concern my daughter is a vegetarian and the serving tongs were mixed with the meat tongs. The cutlery was mismatched.
The toilets were grubby, the sink had not been cleaned for some time.
The staff were friendly and service was average but I will well over another 2 years before I would return.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank juliepooleleeds

Doncaster, England, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Absolutely dreadful FOOD HYGIENE RATING of ZERO!!!!”
Reviewed December 6, 2013

This was possibly the worst Chinese buffet that I've been to in my life, ever!!!

The banner hung above the buffet bar is thick with dust, so much you could probably knit a jumper.

The chicken and sweet corn soup was bland, tasteless and probably only ever only saw chicken through the window in the kitchen!!

Starters were cold!

Thick cobwebs everywhere

Uncomfortable LOW chairs

And bland cold tasteless mains!

You had to dig for ice cream and it may have been so much better with a jigger pick!!!

How on earth a place like this is allowed to carry on at cardigan fields...

Hygiene practices, structure and safety procedures must be very poor to have scored a BIG Fat Zero on the food standards agency's ratings website. I did wonder where the sticker was!!!

For me I will always check the rating in the future... Roll on making them compulsory to display- like In Wales!

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Natalie A
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Poor”
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Called in with my wife, both of us fancying a Chinese meal by way of a change and having had good meals here previously. Sadly found things to have deteriorated dramatically, poor quality service, (first course dirty plates left on table) food tepid, no atmosphere, no other customers and to put the icing on the cake so to speak, despite having Visa/MasterCard signs on the door did not take cards. Had to go find nearest ATM near Bowling Alley to withdraw cash, charged £1.50 for the priveledge of withdrawing my own money. This was deducted from my bill, not an experience we will go through again.

• Visited October 2013
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Never again”
Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

Visited today with my mum and daughter after we had been bowling.

We looked through the window and the food looked ok so we gave it a try. Wish we hadn't!

On entering, the lady who served us was quite friendly, but said we had to pay adult price for my 10 year old daughter.

Tried the soup first which consisted of tofu and that's pretty much it. Moved on to the starters which were all freezing cold. Asked the staff if they could warm it up for me n they took my plate from me and told me to get something else, which I did but everything we put on our plate was cold.

Didn't try the puddings but the choice was limited and unappetising.

I complained and was told that if we didn't want to eat there we could just pay for the drinks, which we did with no arguments.

There was only one other table occupied at lunchtime and now we know why. We went to Crown Buffet on Gower St which is MUCH better.

I would never return here.

1 Thank gemma s
Leeds, England, United Kingdom
“avoid”
Reviewed October 17, 2013

went for sunday lunch was seated in the back which was dark and gloomygot our drinks brought and didn't see any staff again at our table we never had any plates taken away so had to keep putting them on vacant tables.the choice of food was poor and cold and the chicken curry was like water been there a few times but wont be going again.

• Visited October 2013