Tripadvisor

Reserve a Table
Mon, 2/17
8:00 PM
Ranked #616 of 2,566 Restaurants in Leeds
Description: Bar, Kitchen and Private Venue hire in Leeds City Centre. Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner all freshly made Daily onsite. Bottomless Brunch every Saturday. Sunday Roasts but booking essential.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Our second visit since the restaurant opened last year. It was pretty full when we arrived so booking is essential. The roast beef is amazing and comes with all the trimmings. All round a great way to spend Sunday afternoon with friends and family.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (15)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Absolutely fantastic visit here yesterday as a group of 11 for my sister's birthday. The staff were amazing...and the food. Oh my word...the food was insanely good! I opted for the roast cod curry with masala dhal and rice. I'm a huge fan of curry and this did not disappoint. Wonderfully flavoursome and cooked to perfection. Most of my party chose the Sunday lunch option and raved about how good it was. The bottomless drink selection was excellent with great alternatives to those not bothered for prosecco, with a good house wine, cocktails, beers and cider on offer. We will definitely be repeating the experience very soon and I have actually booked the bar to host my upcoming 40th birthday!

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

At mad frans you dont just get gorgeous fresh food bursting with flavours you get a great atmosphere, awesome happy to help staff and tasty beautiful food.

Dont just take my word for it get yourself down there and find out yourself trust me mad frans will not disappoint.

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed January 3, 2020

We visited Leeds from the states and tried out Mad Frans for brunch.
We had the Eggs Benedict with chorizo, which was super unique. The chorizo had a brown-sugary sweetness to it, and not heavy like I would normally think of chorizo, the egg was perfectly cooked, and the hollandaise sauce was to die for!
We also special requested a breakfast sandwich on brioche bread with bacon, black pudding, mushroom, and egg with the same hollandaise sauce, which was perfectly cooked and a delicious balance of all the flavors you want in a breakfast. It was like a full English breakfast in a sandwich.
Then we stayed for some street food lunch bites, which included my personal favorite, the Smoked Ham Hock fritters, filled with succulent chunks of ham, topped with a dijon mustard sauce which paired nicely with the fat and salt from the ham. There were Mac and Cheese bites, that had bacon jam on top... what?!?! Genius~ We also had the Bhaji, which was this chickpea bite, very crispy! We were also fortunate enough to try the new menu item of risotto mushroom bites with truffle oil and parmesan cheese. You can't have just one! They are all so addictive and well thought-out little bites!
The meal went perfectly with an espresso while we waited on our food and a beer to cheers with by lunchtime!
Our service was great; atmosphere was fresh and inviting; and everyone was super friendly! The food was definitely the highlight--Gary is a fantastic chef, who has put together a great menu for people looking for a quick breakfast/lunch, or a great meet-up spot for drinks and food after work. We cannot wait to come back here again for a weekend dinner on our next visit!

Reviewed January 1, 2020

I've been here several times recently and each time have had a great experience. The breakfasts here are superb & great value for money. Either eat in or take it away. Then had a business lunch here & again the food was fantastic. also been here after work and the atmosphere was buzzing. Really liked the prices here, as the drinks aren't as expensive as other city centre bars and the staff are really friendly. Can't wait for summer, when we will be able to sit outside & people watch.
Highly recommended