We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Leeds
Avalon Guest House
Ranked #14 of 26 Leeds B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 3, 2013

I was very let down by the management of this guest house. I was living in Hull in East Yorkshire and enquired about staying for several weeks whilst I could find somewhere permanent to live in Leeds.In enquired about a weekly rate and they quoted me a price which was slightly more than I was paying in Hull. I travelled over specially the day after to meet the people and had arranged an approximate time to meet.; When I arrived at the guest house the people who answered the door denied all knowledge of the appointment Id made with them and they even went and checked with the manager.Evidently he'd changed his mind and he then said the price of the rooms was £25-£30 per night, quite a good rate, but they pretended that they weren't expecting me. Its possible that this was a language misunderstanding because they weren't native English speakers but nevertheless they are very savvy business people. I felt extremely let down and very angry. I went to another B&B down the road, the Glengarth guest House, but they are run by the same management. I enquired there about a weekly rate but they pretended not to understand. I am also from a diverse background myself and its possible that they had a problem with my diversity also.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Samantha M

Reviewed June 27, 2013

We stayed at the guest house for 2 nights. The room was adequate but it did have a feel that the room was done on a budget. Breakfast was fine but a few niceties could have been thought of rather than serving orange juice out of the carton!

However, the location was excellent for Leeds Universities and very quiet location. Only 20 mins walk into the city and easy to park the car. The Indian hosts were really friendly and very helpful. Even though I am slightly negative for the quality of the room and breakfast, the price of £50 a night was very reasonable. Nearer to the city centre would have been almost double that!

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Our three night stay was excellent. The staff are very helpful and nothing was too much trouble for them in making our stay most enjoyable. Our first floor room looked out over the garden, and was well maintained. The breakfasts were excellent. The location was ideal as a base for exploring the surrounding countryside as well as the city itself.

Room Tip: First floor overlooking the garden
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bruce H
Reviewed June 1, 2013

I just spent the one night at the Avalon while doing some research at the University library, which is only a short walk away. I had a very nice en suite room, with television and tea/coffee facilities -- a very clean room with a lovely view of the garden, a comfortable bed and toiletries provided. The staff were friendly and efficient, and the cooked breakfast excellent. I slept like a log. I'd definitely stay here again, absolutely no problems and very good value.

Room Tip: Room 2, a nice en suite room on the ground floor, with double bed.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Peter M
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Just returned from 3 nights at the Avalon Guest - and the staff were very helpful and nothing was too much trouble. Stayed in room 8, nice view double bed and breakfast more than adequate. Cooked breakfast included fruit and yoghart and tea or coffee and juice. Large car park with lots of parking and ideally situated for Leeds City Centre, the University and other places outside of Leeds.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 30, 2013

We stayed here as a group of 4 in the family room on the 25th May. The place itself was right where we needed to be - at the back of the university union. Had a very welcoming greeting then was shown to our room. All very clean with tea and coffee facilities, also there were toiletries which we were impressed with. Only downfall was that there wasn't enough plug sockets for us four girls. Breakfast was lovely and served with everything we needed. Very happy with the service and will definitely stay here again. Very good value for money!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We had room 15 which had an ensuite, on Sunday 26th May 2013, I must say we had no complaints, the Guest house, was extremely convenient for Leeds Uni, had offroad parking for guests and was very clean. Our room was very nice, the beds extremely comfortable and the bedding clean and of good quality and nice design, toiletries and towels were provided as was Tea and Coffee making facilites and hairdryer.The breakfast was very nice, we chose the cooked breakfast and it was brought up piping hot and on hot plates as well, I couldn't fault the place. The Propriator and his wife were very helpful and attentive, would definately stay here again, also it was very quiet so we had a marvellous nights sleep

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family