“Absolute Garbage”

Ranked #801 of 1,974 Restaurants in Leeds
Cuisines: International
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Buffet, Reservations
Description: Sit down to a tantalising selection of authentic, freshly-made food, selected from a range of the world's most popular cuisines. Located in bustling retail centre The Light, Leeds Red Hot lets you choose your own eclectic eating experience.Whether you're popping in after a shopping spree at Trinity, making your way to see a play at the Grand Theatre or off to see Leeds United play, Leeds Red Hot is the perfect place to go and see all of your dining needs satisfied.
Reviewed August 18, 2014

Went to World Buffet for my daughters birthday, age range from 6 to 60. When we arrived thought it looked nice enough seating area and were happy it was busy as this is always a concern with buffets if food isnt moving - I am afraid thats the positives over.
The food was absolute garbage and without exception luke warm, struggled to find much edible to eat - very little actually in terms of choice which is bizarre - do I want to eat what looks like a frozen pizza? No, Do I want to eat meat that looks processed and cheap? No. Choice of 3 curries - lamb was tough and revolting, chicken - now lets be honest does chicken come in near perfect sqaures?
I ate a plate full of crispy duck and pancakes which was ok and along with a few onion bhajis whch were tastless but edible and a couple of prawn crackers.
Desserts can best be described as what you would expect from a 99p Iceland frozen cake - I tried a Creme Brulee - no word of a lie it was literally 3mm deep, the cheesecake base was stale and the cream tasted fake - to be honest I gave up. Of the 7 of us the 2 aged 19 and 22 managed 'it was ok' the rest of us not impressed at all and loathe to pay the bill going home hungry and very underwhelmed.
We love all types of food, eat out regularly and are defintely not snobs or food experts just a normal family who expect food to be good quality and not worse than a cheap microwave meal.
Will not be back.

2  Thank 3Seniors
JMRidgway, Manager at Red Hot World Buffet and Bar, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2014

We were disappointed to read that you didn't enjoy your experience with us. We really appreciate you taking the time to give us some feedback and tell us about your experience.
We would be grateful if you could forward your review to our general manager, by emailing them at Brian@redhotworldbuffet.com as this will enable them to get in contact with you to discuss your visit.
Best Wishes, The Red Hot Team

Write a ReviewReviews (2,049)

Reviewed August 18, 2014

I visited the Red Hot Buffet in Leeds on a busy Saturday night, and it certainly did feel like a squeeze. if your eating just as a couple the tables and chairs are all crammed in to get as many people in as possible. This felt a little awkward when you had to constantly push past people's seats and ask people to kindly move to let you through.

The food itself, is really good for the most part, plus there is a lot to choose from, which is really great. I especially enjoyed the sushi and Chinese selections. The icecream and dessert was also really good too, and a chocolate fountain is also a winner.

I've visited the Red Hot buffet before in the past and really enjoyed it, however I have since discoved the Cosmo buffet food chain. It's a shame for Red Hot really, as the food, service and décor is all far superior at Cosmo, plus cheaper! This recent visit definitely confirmed this for me.

I do really like Red Hot buffet, but I doubt I will be returning any time soon.

Many thanks for your feedback, Red Hot World Buffet prides itself on great customer service and food, so we really appreciate your comments. We’ll pass your views on to our General Manager.
We hope to see you again soon, Best Wishes, The Red Hot Team

Reviewed August 17, 2014 via mobile

I can't find the words to describe just how awful this experience was..... Food was Luke warm, dry and unappetising not a place to go to impress or if you actually have taste buds !!!!

3  Thank Alison1956

Thank you very much for your review. We really appreciate you taking the time to give us some feedback and tell us about your experience.

Reviewed August 16, 2014

I have been to Red Hot World a couple of times, once for dinner and then again at lunch time. We went with family and friends and it was really good on both occasions. There are so many different things to try and you can be sure to find lots of food to enjoy. It's brilliant for kids, no matter how fussy they are. It's a simple system and the service is very good. For the variety and quality the prices are more than reasonable in my opinion. There is a very relaxed and welcoming atmosphere and we will definitely return.

1  Thank Andie C

Thank you for taking the time to review us. We hope that you'll be back again, we would love to see you join us soon!

Reviewed August 15, 2014 via mobile

This was the first time we have been here and we loved it. The variety if food was amazing and the staff were lovely. Only downside is the price significantly increases at certain times and we be tired after seeing their lower price advertised but was charged a different price to this but didn't mind to be honest as it was well worth it!

We really appreciate you taking the time to review our restaurant. Thank you very much for your comments and we hope to see you again!