“Would go again, but don't like the service charge included”

Red Hot World Buffet and Bar
Ranked #996 of 1,856 Restaurants in Leeds
Cuisines: International
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Buffet, Reservations
Description: Sit down to a tantalising selection of authentic, freshly-made food, selected from a range of the world's most popular cuisines. Located in bustling retail centre The Light, Red Hot World Buffet Leeds lets you choose your own eclectic eating experience.Whether you're popping in after a shopping spree at Trinity, making your way to see a play at the Grand Theatre or off to see Leeds United play, Red Hot is the perfect place to go and see all of your dining needs satisfied.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Would go again, but don't like the service charge included”
Reviewed July 29, 2014

Our party of six had new and old customers, and those new to the experience thoroughly enjoyed their evening and the different type of dining experience encountered. They were enthusiastic about bringing their children to share the experience at a future date; felt it would be ideal for children as there were different choices and new food to experience without having to order a full course. No complaints about the food - tasty and plenty of it, and at an appropriate temperature even on a busy Friday evening. My only complaint would be about the inclusivity of a 5% service charge on the bill, particularly as this restaurant is mainly self-service. I don't mind giving a tip when deserved, but to have it included in the bill is a definite 'no no'.

• Visited July 2014
JMRidgway, Manager at Red Hot World Buffet and Bar, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
In regards to our service charge, this is optional and is not compulsory. We are happy to remove this from your bill, should you like us too. If this is something you would like to discuss with our General Manager, Brian, please feel free to drop him an email at; Brian@redhotworldbuffet.com.
We hope to see you in one of our venues again soon!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
York, United Kingdom
“Amazing”
Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

Love it , you can get anything and however much you want , I could stay all day!!!! Child friendly because it doesn't matter if you are a fussy eater there is everything I had a starter , main and pudding and then all over again.

Visited August 2013
Thank you very much for your review and we really appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback. We hope to see you in one of our venues again soon!
“Never again!”
Reviewed July 24, 2014

After wanting to try this place for a while, I finally visited one friday lunchtime. On arrival i was asked to wait until a table became avaiable, fair enough, but then I was just sent downstairs into the dark dining area to find my table myself and for a first time visitor, finding 1 table out of the 100's wasn't easy. Once seated, I was approached by a member of staff and I ordered a drink, there was no information or advice given regarding the buffett set up or what was avaiable, so I just got up and had a look. There looked to be a good selection, indian / Chinese / pizza / sushi / american and good old english roasts! Unfortunately, it was a case of quantity over quality. I thried a little bit of most things and it was ALL BAD. Bland, tasteless rubbish.
The service wasn't much better as when i returned to my table after my first visit to the buffet, I noticed I had no cutlery on my table. When i asked a member of staff where the cutlery was, thinking i had missed it near the food, he said "its on the table" which it clearly wasn't. He said he would bring some......however after 5 minutes and my food going colder, he hadn't returned so I asked another member of staff who manage to provide me with a cutlery bucket for the table.
Bad service, bad food, average atmosphere, my curiosity has now been satisfied and I won't be going there again.

• Visited June 2014
3 Thank SassyofLeeds
JMRidgway, Manager at Red Hot World Buffet and Bar, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Thank you very much for your review. We really appreciate you taking the time to give us some feedback and tell us about your experience.
We would be grateful if you could forward your review to our general manager, by emailing them at Brian@redhotworldbuffet.com as this will enable them to get in contact with you to discuss your visit.
“Perfect World Buffet”
Reviewed July 24, 2014

I've been this World Buffet for lunch. The taste was good and their desserts were excellent. You may find limited Indian, Chinese, Thai and Other country foods.

Leeds, United Kingdom
“Walked in with High Expectations!! Walked out Disappointed!!”
Reviewed July 21, 2014

Myself and my partner had been wanting to try RHW for ages and finally booked a table with my partner's sister and her partner for saturday night 19.07.14. As it was our anniversary aswell we thought it would be a lovely night out for some great food. When we arrived we were sent downstairs to be seated. We were seated and a lovely lady came to take our drinks orders (splitting the 2 bills was not a problem). We then were told our drinks would be served and we could go help ourselves to the food. My sister in law has been here before with work so showed us around. Me and my partner expected it to be a lot bigger with a lot more choice. The indian starter section had onion bhajis, chicken tikka and shish kebabs. There was biryani and naans on offer, 4 types of pizza(which was disgusting, very cheap tasting and sat there so long felt rubbery). The american part was burgers cut in half (unbeleivably cheap tasting burgers), small pieces of sausage (again very cheap tasting), peri peri chicken and small bits of corn on the cob (which was very bland and cold). The sweet and sour and black bean in the chinese section was nasty and watery - very bland. All in all there is a choice of some sorts but i thought for £15.99 pp there would be a lot more choice, and the food would be of a better standard. Burgers should be served in a bap and hotdogs should be served in rolls - the corn on the cob should be made to order with butter to ensure taste and heat. The pizza i didnt believe were hand made (tasted more like smartprice asda pizza). I tried the sunday roast (bearing in mid my fav food is a carvery) but the veggies were raw - tried to cut through a carrot and nearly ended up with gravy everywhere - mash was more like smash - roasties were dry and tasteless, small slices of meat served to me were nice and the gravy was lovely but thats it. The desserts made up for it a little bit as the ice cream selection was fantastic and tasty and the caramel creme brulee was to die for - but when you have paid £15.99 each for a few nice desserts and some tasteless food i defo will not be going back again. Although my partners fav dessert is Eton Mess and there was an Eton Mess cake there - i have seen this made and have even made this myself thousands of times and it has alwasy been strawberrries/raspberries with meringue and cream. This had a layer of over ripe bananas in it and made it taste foul. Maybe some training for the chefs would of an advamtage. The drinks were ridiculously priced - £2.80 for a pint of cola - so for me and my partner to have a buffet and a drink each it was £37.58 - DREADFUL . Was not happy that we had chose this place for our anniversary meal as could have gone to lots of other places that i feel would have served better food. Me and my partner are big foodies and have visited lots of eateries and never been to anywhere like here. I have never left such a review for an eatery. SORRY RHW - NOT GOOD FOOD - GREAT SERVICE BUT LET DOWN BY THE FOOD AND AM SORRY TO SAY I WILL NOT BE VISITING AGAIN.

3 Thank Tilly040489
Thank you for your review. We can assure you that all our Pizza, as well as the vast majority of the food served, are made fresh in the venue.