“Best Kebab in Leeds”

Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed February 26, 2013

i will be honest, I go out of my way to travel to Shai Nan if I'm ever wanting a Kebab as I've ried many kebab houses in Leeds and none are as reliably good as Shin Nan.

Yes, people have commented on slow service but I would argue this- are you not prepared to wait for quality food from a clean environment when you can see from start to finish what gets done to your food?!

My most recent visit here would contradict some of the comments already posted here.
I saw all the salad being refreshed, granted I didn't know how long the original dishes had been there but I did see the prep to fill them being done.
The restaurant tables were cleaned immediately after they were vacated also and no-one seemed to complain about the food & service.

You cannot challenge the quality of the meat here; it's displayed in the chilled cabinet in front of you and taken straight to the tandor or griddle to cook when ordered.

I have been coming here for food for around 6 years and have never had a bad meal.
I've turned up here at 4am in the morning and ate in with very good food always provided.

Sadly, after a fire last year it was closed for a while to refurb but now it's bigger and brighter than ever and they really have worked hard to stand out from their gaudy neighbours.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

Although the place has had upgrade of decor, the service is still poor, the food was not as we hoped. Waited for more than 30 mins before served main course. (Still was cold?) not once did the waiter ask us how the food was until we reached the till....

2  Thank 292Jameskaye
Reviewed September 11, 2012 via mobile

The decor its out of date looks so tacky an dirty the tables are dirty aswell the toilets are ridiculous cant even eat without feeling the filthy athmosphere the service is so bad the guys take ages making your order no manners at all the place needs a new look and good staff its really good that its closed down just driven past it an it's bin closed for a while now no idea why

1  Thank Zakariya7422
Reviewed June 19, 2011

I say 'good for what it is' because it's one of those eateries which seeks to evolve from being a take-away to a restaurant, and getting stuck somewhere between the two.

I've been to this place at the most ungodly hours and to my amazement it's been open! Food is good, but don't touch the usually dried out and probably germ infested salad. Kebabs and grills can sometimes be slightly overcooked/burnt, And as usual with these places quality customer services is out of the question.

The staff are really polite, and if you manage to find one who speaks English and strike off a conversation, you'll find out how over-worked these poor souls are.

Reviewed November 17, 2010

A couple of miles outside the city centre in the unprepossing area of Harehills. Here you will find some great value cafes/takeaways. For £3.95 at this cafe near the Roundhay Road and Harehills Road junction I got a hugh plateful of chicken donner kebab, plus freshly-made nan bread and a generous helping of salads. It's a basic cafe with all cooking in full view of the customers. Takeaway is also available from a menu with 99 dishes ranging from £1 to £7.20 (shai nan special kebab). They deserve to thrive in an area with a lot of competition. Open 11am to 5am (yes 5am) 7 days a week.

2  Thank johncharles