The Queens - Leeds
Novotel Leeds Centre(Leeds)(Great Value!)
$68
$65
$91
$86
$102
$80
$78
  • Restaurant
Clayton Hotel Leeds(Leeds)(Great Value!)
$66
$60
  • Restaurant
Park Plaza Leeds(Leeds)(Great Value!)
$96
$88
Travelocity
$102
$93
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Ibis Leeds Centre(Leeds)(Great Value!)
$43
$42
$34
$29
Hotels.com
3,456 results
All reviewsart decoq clubtrain stationq hotelsvalet parkingcity squaretravelling by trainjunior suitelovely hotelcentral locationreception staffbreakfast was excellentstandard roomfull englishlovely roomstayed for one nighttea and coffee
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 8, 2010

It's the kid with second hand clothes in the school playground. Rooms were blessed with fag burns in the linen and mattress. One colleague had burns in the net curtains. Yes I said "net curtains". If you love 1930 architecture then this hotel maybe for you. If you like heating that works, pocket sprung beds that are less than 5 years old, carpet that you are happy to walk on bare foot, and a thermostat that works in your shower then this hotel is not for you. Location is brilliant however, there's even a private door from the station concourse into the hotel. And the food was okay. If you do end up here, avoid the 4th floor - rooms are really shabby. If however you want a hotel in an exceptional location and want a luxurious room, then there is always the top floor of the hotel which looked lovely, with a private lounge. However you would not want to spend any time in other communal areas of the hotel.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
The_Queens_Leeds, General Manager at The Queens - Leeds, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2010

Dear lenemk

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at The Queens and I thank you for your particular comments on the standard of the room you stayed in, which was a particular concern to me.

Over the last 5 years, we have spent over £10million on The Queens and touched almost every nook and cranny. I would be grateful if you could contact me personally with your actual room number to kharrison@qhotels.co.uk. As you have seen we have recently invested a further £500,000 to create the QClub floor and private executive lounge on the top floor so we take the upkeep and maintenance of our hotel extremely seriously and will definitely look further into the issues you have raised.

Thank you once again and I hope it hasn’t tainted your view of the hotel when staying in the city in future.

Kind regards

Reviewed December 6, 2010

Despite making it clear we had 2 young children when booking we were placed in a room directly above the function rooms which were being used for a disco for the two nights of our stay, we were not told of these at time of booking. Reception said the music would stop at 2am, it didn't, it was 2.30 THEN we had to endure over an hour of furniture moving and dragging. When complaining the following morning we were told another room would be found, money taken from our bill, a free bottle of wine and a kids platter provided. Lovely, thank you. Except when we returned to the hotel at 3pm as the kids were so tired after their terrible night they needed a nap (we were unable to do as much as we wanted on that day), the room was not ready. A short wait and we were in, however no wine OR platter for the kids ever appeared, when this was mentioned at checkout we got an' oh well I'm sure it was mentioned to Chef' and £50 off the bill, all this for the worst hotel night in our lives and a rather ruined stay due to tiredness. The Hotel itself looked great and food was good but if mistakes are made surely after care should be better?

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family

Dear FauveSheffield

Thank you for posting your comments about your recent stay at The Queens and I’m very sorry that it didn’t go exactly as you planned. Unfortunately due to the festive period there are a number of Christmas functions taking place within the hotel and although we do endeavour to ensure our guests are not disturbed, it appears on this occasion that we were unsuccessful.

I can only apologise again for the obvious breakdown in communication regarding the complimentary items, however I understand that by way of compensation you were refunded £50 from your bill which hopefully has gone some way to compensate for the disruption. On a more positive note, I am pleased to hear that we were able to accommodate you in a much quieter room on the second night.

Once again, thank you for your comments and feedback and we hope that when you’re next in the city of Leeds that you consider coming back to stay with us.

Yours sincerely

Reviewed December 6, 2010

Stayed at this hotel earlier in the year and was disappointed - However this time I stayed in a q type room which could not be faulted -absolutely lovely with a beautiful bathroom. The q rooms allow access to the lounge where complimentary drinks and snacks are served- totally relaxing. Early evening wine and beer are served and we were made to feel very welcome by the young guy serving us. We had continental breakfast in the lounge as well and once again the guy serving us could not be faulted. I forgot my handbag and he brought it to my room for me- he also deserves a pat on the back . I normally stay at the City Inn ,but next time I am in Leeds I will definitely stay at the Queens on the top floor. Definitely felt 5 star!

• Stayed: December 2010

Dear Laulaucarlisle

I am absolutely delighted that we were able to make amends for your previous stay and thrilled that you had an enjoyable stay with us on the QClub floor; it’s a treat isn’t it! I speak on behalf of myself and the team when I say thank you very much for your comments and it goes without saying that I will pass on your kind words to the team.

I do hope that you return to The Queens and when you do, please contact me personally and remind me that you scored us so highly and I will do what I can to further enhance your stay.

Warm regards

Reviewed December 6, 2010

Very friendly and attentive staff in this well-run hotel ideally placed in the centre next to Leeds station

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed December 4, 2010

Stayed as I was stranded in Leeds due to the eather, my husband was able to join me on the second day/
As I had nothing with me, th housekeeper was kind and actually went to Boots to get deodorant etc for me.
Food, room service and congeierge brillant.
As we stay in Q hotels on a regular we were not surprised at the excellent service.
On booking I was told the rate included cont.breakfast only to be then told on paying that only applied if you had breakfast in the Q lounge! Had to pay for breakfasts.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
The_Queens_Leeds, General Manager at The Queens - Leeds, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2010

Dear Spernak

Thank you for taking the time to write such a fantastic review of our hotel, I am sorry that the weather left you stranded, however it sounded like it had its benefits! Thank you for your kind words about Maureen, I will certainly pass on your comments to her. I do hope you return to The Queens and when you do, please contact me personally and remind me that you scored us highly and I will do what I can to further enhance your visit.

Yours sincerely