The Queens - Leeds
$82
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $78/night.

Holiday Inn Express Leeds East(Leeds)(Great Value!)
$56
Novotel Leeds Centre(Leeds)(Great Value!)
$65
$74
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $82/night.

$83
$66
  • Restaurant
Days Inn Wetherby(Wetherby)(Great Value!)
$78
$55
$104
$70
Cosmopolitan Hotel(Leeds)(Great Value!)
$181
$49
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of $67/night.

Roomzzz Leeds City West(Leeds)(Great Value!)
$65
$79
Travelocity
  • Room Service
3,515 results
All reviewsart decotrain stationq clubq hotelsvalet parkingcity squaretravelling by trainjunior suitelovely hotelcentral locationreception staffbreakfast was excellentstandard roomfull englishlovely roomstayed for one nighttea and coffee
Reviewed October 7, 2010

Leeds: Queens Hotel, Art Deco glamour throughout the hotel and a great location for my 6 days enjoying local sights

I very much enjoyed my stay. I love Art Deco, and appreciate that the Queen's Hotel has not only an Art Deco exterior and gorgeously restored Art Deco lobbies. but that even the hallways and bedrooms are furbished in Art Deco style!

I booked a single room for my 6 night stay. I was given a large room with a huge, comfortable bed, a flat screen TV, and a bathroom with a heated towel rack & nice toiletries. I asked for a room quiet from outside noise and away from the lifts, and was given a room on the 7th floor that was quiet from noise from the outside & away from the lifts.

I didn't wish to pay a hefty 15 lbs daily for breakfast, but fortunately the front desk sold me 10 lb breakfast vouchers. Much delicious hot & cold food was in the breakfast room.

This is a 4 star hotel, but at extra price, 18 rooms on the 8th floor reportedly have 5 star amenities.

After arrival by train from Leeds (and having previously seen York) I spent my 1st day sightseeing downtown, especially the gorgeous Victorian shopping arcades and Kirksgate City Market. 2nd day, I enjoyed the Royal Armories, a mile walk from the hotel. 3rd day, I walked to the bus station next to Kirksgate and took the bus to enjoy Harewood House. 4th day, I took the train (next to the hotel) to visit the interesting town of Sheffield. 5th day, I took the train to visit Bradford including the National Media Museum. 6th day, I visited Leeds City Museum and Leeds Industrial Museum. I didn't have the time to visit Temple Newsam. So, there's plenty to do from a stay based in Leeds!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled solo
The_Queens_Leeds, General Manager at The Queens - Leeds, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2010

Dear HistoricHotelFan

Thank you for your comments, we’re absolutely delighted that you had a great stay with us. Over the last 5 years we have spent over £10million on The Queens and as you so highly praised, touched almost every nook and cranny restoring the hotel to its decadent Art Deco opulence.

We have also recently invested a further £500,000 to create the QClub floor and private executive lounge on the top floor and are thrilled that you appreciated our efforts.

I will certainly pass on your thoughts to our team who you are all so proud of our magnificent hotel, and the true heart of its success.

Thank you again for your recommendations and we very much look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel very soon.

Kind regards

Reviewed October 6, 2010

Had an excellent stay.
From the time I Arrived I was made to feel welcomed nothing was too much trouble!
Next time I am in Leeds I guarantee I will be staying at the Queens!
I recommend this to everyone!

• Stayed: October 2010
Reviewed October 6, 2010

Firsly I booked this hotel through Travelsupermarket and saved 50% on the standard double room price. The valet parking service is great and good value, the rooms are clean and very comfortable, the staff were very helpful, particulalry the concierge. It's a luxury hotel, in a great location, within a few minutes walking distance from all the shops, bars and restaurants. I can't fault it and have booked to stay again in 3 weeks.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 4, 2010

We travelled to Leeds for the World Curry Festival on Saturday 2nd October. The Curry Festival wasn't quite what we expected but other aspects of the trip more than made up for this slight disappointment!

The Queens Hotel has a great location, ideal for those who arrive by train but good for those who travel by car too, as it was very easy to locate from directions given on the website, and the valet parking was a nice touch in a busy city centre (£11.95 for the duration of our stay, which we thought was reasonable, have paid considerably more elsewhere)

The hotel itself is housed in a beautiful building and they have done a lovely job of restoring it with lots of Art Deco features. It makes such a change to stay in a large hotel that actually has some character and isn't just a faceless modern replica of every other hotel in the chain.

We checked in, and were told that our room was ready despite the fact that we arrived quite early. The room we were given was on the 7th floor. It was a smaller room than I would usually expect for a hotel of this nature, but people should remember that this is an old building and not a modern purpose built 4 star. Unfortunately the room had a faint smell of stale smoke, and we spotted a burn on the curtains (When will people learn that 'No Smoking' means precisely that?!) We therefore contacted reception and asked whether we could move rooms, or if the room could be cleaned again. They were extremely helpful, and told us that we could move rooms and would send a concierge for our luggage immediately. We moved to a room on the fifth floor (a deluxe room, which the staff kindly upgraded us to free of charge for the inconvenience - we didn't even feel particularly inconvenienced!). This room was larger and had a kingsize bed rather than a double which was lovely.

We had come to see Leeds, and the curry festival, so therefore spent little time in the hotel, however when we returned to the hotel much later that evening, we were again met by friendly staff and had a very good night's sleep.

We cannot comment on the food, as we had a room-only rate and chose to eat out in an effort to sample some of the delights of the city! We can highly recommend 'Primo' in the Corn Exchange for when the hangover kicks in - best hot dogs we have eaten outside of the USA!

On checkout on the Sunday, the staff kindly stored our luggage and allowed us to leave the car in their underground car park whilst we spent some time shopping before making our way home.

All things considered, I would definitely use this hotel again, and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it due to the excellent service and location. If you are looking for a friendly hotel with quirky features as well as mod cons, then give The Queens a try.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple

Dear NicP77

Thank you so much for your glowing reference, I'm absolutely thrilled that you had such an enjoyable stay, we very much look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in a few weeks, please contact me directly at dkanarens@qhotels.co.uk and I will do what I can to further enhance your stay.

With warmest regards

Reviewed October 3, 2010

My husband and I stayed at The Queens on our wedding anniversary. Because of the special occasion and the great reviews on this site, we decided to upgrade to a room on the Club Floor. Firstly the bad points: The welcome was disappointing and no effort was made to mark our anniversary, not even a mention from the reception staff even though my husband had discussed the reason for our stay on booking the room direct with the hotel. We weren't even given a room with a nice view even though there was only one other person staying on our floor that evening. That said now for the good points: The club rooms are fabulous and well worth the little extra money. Well decorated, comfortable with nice little touches such as a complimentary mini bar and lovely toiletries, and the bed deserves a review all by itself as it was so comfortable! It was the best nights sleep I had ever had in a hotel. The lounge that you have access to on this floor is also worth a visit, it felt very exclusive and the refreshments and complimentary continental breakfast meant that the room was actually great value. So although it was a lovely visit and we will return, we just will maybe choose somewhere else when we are celebrating as we like to feel special on our special occasions and less like just another guest, we did feel like just a number, especially regards the reception staff.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple

Dear CarolineJ12

Firstly, allow me to wish you a very Happy Anniversary, albeit a little belated, for which I and the team apologise for.

On a more positive note, I am absolutely delighted that you found the rest of your stay more than an enjoyable one and I'm glad you had the chance to sample QClub, it's an absolute treat and something that we're all proud of here at the hotel.

Please do contact me directly when next visiting Leeds and I will do what I can to enhance your stay.

Kindest regards