“Business stay” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Queens - Leeds

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
The Queens - Leeds
Ranked #10 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
England
“Business stay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2006

Just thought I would let you know about my stay at the Queens.

In summary an acceptable hotel - paid £84 room only for one night.

Hotel is clean and obviously recently decorated in Art Deco stylee. Pleasant enough. Great location next to train station and in the city centre.

Waited 10 minutes to book in - only one receptionist, but checking out was very efficient.

Room was quiet, asked for iron that arrived in 5 minutes, good shower, clean - all in all a decent night's sleep. Can't comment on the food as I did not eat in the hotel.

• Liked — Location and cleanliness
  • Disliked — Reception not fully staffed and room a bit on the chilly side
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank SeymourButts

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (607)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Manchester
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2006

A disgrace.....I arrived to be told there were no rooms available and that the Duty Manager would be with me straight away which took 40 minutes to be seen to only be told they had no reservation for me....they bumped me over to the Park Plaza which though annoying was a very enjoyable stay, although slightly more expensive at least it was only 50 yards away...though the Queens was my first choice I will now book with Park Plaza as the staff were very accomodining and friendly and their restaurant was fantastic, I think its called Chitos or chiros, not sure, but the food was unbelievable....However as the Queens had no reservation for me as I had booked it through the Internet I can understand that bookings can go wrong considering I have worked in the Hospitality Industry , I am a little upset that the staff just ignored me for 40 minutes

Stayed August 2006
4 Thank James2525
Sheffield
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2006

I stayed here recently and thought that the hotel was great for the money. Had a nice room, clean, quiet and comfortable. I ate in the hotel restaurant and the food was very nice. Had a drink in the bar where the staff were superb. I ordered breakfast to be served in my room and it arrived on time, exactly what I'd ordered and hot. What makes the hotel really is the attitude of the staff. All of the ones I had contact with went out of their way to be polite, helpful and engaging but not intrusive. I was extremely impressed and would definately use the hotel again.

• Liked — staff service
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled on business
2 Thank 3001
north west
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2006

I stayed at this hotel recently for one night on business. The receptionist was careful to ensure that my room number was not overheard by anyone as I was a female travelling alone.
Unfortunately, they later allocated my room to somebody else resulting in me waking up to find a stranger entering my room at 9:30pm-not a pleasant experience when you are a female on your own!
Reception and the.duty manager apologised and re-programmed the keys but unfortunately I rather got the impression that whilst they apologised for the genuine mistake they failed to appreciate the effect of how vunerable it made me feel as a lone female staying in the hotel and the potential consequences.
Other than that, the conchierce was very friendly and helpful as was the confrence manager.

• Liked — friendly concheirce
  • Disliked — double booking!
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank zebeddaa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2006

Stayed here for one night for a weekend break in Leeds. We had previously stayed at another hotel in the chain (and had been very impressed) and so decided to take advantage of a special offer in some marketing material we had been sent.

The hotel was slightly difficult to find from the directions we had but on phoning the hotel from the car we were put through to the concierge who stayed on the phone to direct us once in city centre - very helpful. He then came out to meet us to guide us down to the car park which gets full very quickly but we did manage to get one of the last spaces.

The location was great - shops, restaurants and bars all nearby. The room was nice if not quite as big as expected (I think we were spoilt in our last stay at one of these hotels) and breakfast was a very good meal - fresh hot food even though we arrived towards the end of the service.

All in all I would recommend this hotel particularly if you can take advantage of one of the special rates.

• Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
2 Thank chica1625
SUNDERLAND ENGLAND
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2006

Last weekend we stayed at Queens which has been refurbished to an excellent standard in the art deco fashion.The hotel has a lovely atmosphere,the rooms are clean & comfortable & the only noise I heard was from some excitable kids who were attending an afternoon wedding.The breakfast was very good with plenty of choice but with the usual 5 to 10 minute wait to be seated on a busy Sunday morning.The best thing about the hotel, which in our opinion made this hotel memorable, was the lovely friendly staff, in particular the concierges who seemed intent on showing a little bit of old fashioned hospitalty.

• Stayed August 2006, traveled as a couple
6 Thank SHELL
Kildare, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2006

We (a young couple) went to the Queens in Aug 2006 for a football and shopping weekend. The Queens was an excellent hotel with staff that are very friendly- from the recpetion staff to the porters and bar staff. Hotel was very clean and the cleaners had our room spotless each morning.

The Queens may not be a new hotel in design but it is well kept and has an old classy feel to it. The breakfasts were delecious - a fine choice of cereal, fruit, juice and a full English breakfast.

Thing to watch out for- the playstation in the room is quite dear and in very fine print (which we didn't see until afterwards) on the television manual it showed the cost of using it. In the end we could've bought a new game for the cost of it! Probably our own fault rather than the hotels!

We got a summer break deal that was fantastic value for money, so all in all, we were delighted- a high class hotel for a great price.

• Liked — Central location and style fo the hotel
  • Disliked — Bar is quite dear.
  • Tips/Secrets — Wait for special deals to get the best value.
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled as a couple